War Room Lounge v97: Jesus Christ, you're even pedantic with foreplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have a balm that has a scent profile like the ocean with pine, cedarwood, and lime that's all it actually takes to sell me on a product that I am going to have to smell all day.

fSBHEIO.jpg

i just bought my GF an espresso machine for Xmas for this exact reason
I live in the cuts, so we don't even have a Starbucks in my city (it's being built as we speak) but two mom and pop cafes. They're pretty good, but it still adds up if you constantly go to them

so i bought her the locally sourced hipster Joshua Tree Coffee Company espresso beans and i won't lie, it's on point
like perhaps the best coffee I've ever had
try in cold brew coffee machine..best tasting coffee

I did a hipster thing.

I bought a shaving brush, shave soap, a safety razor, a shaving cup, and a stand for everything.

And I fucking love that I did.
Before I even say one thing about that I'm just going to go ahead and OK Boomer myself right on to the next topic.

Before I even say one thing about that I'm just going to go ahead and OK Boomer myself right on to the next topic.
flol.

I mostly got it cause I shave so infrequently with a blade that cartridges are legit a waste of money for me.

try in cold brew coffee machine..best tasting coffee
I used to get this vanilla or chocolate flavored Chai while in Afghanistan, it was legit phenomenal.

Much like the 'chicken' kabobs i was eating over there, or say the burger Stallone eats in Demolition Man, i had no clue what the actual ingredients were in those, but i didn't care. The Ratburger of chai if you were.....

Beggars can't be choosers i always say

Very on-point discussion of the "political center" and how it's more identifiable in, and more represented by, new online media as opposed to the mainstream media. Not anything brilliant or eye-opening, but I think it's something that needs restated in the ongoing effort to reorganize American politics.

In short: Joe Rogan (who I've maintained is a good overall influence on society) and Tulsi Gabbard (who I, and MB agrees, sucks) are far, far more reflective of the political center than the New York Times or Washington Post.

What is the neoliberal blogosphere and why am I not on it? I’m still trying to get a clear definition of what that really is!!

I say "blogosphere" for social media as a joke. I also use "neoliberal" half jokingly, but I'm referring to Clintonites, very few of whom are actually ideologically capitalist/neoliberal.

I agree and think this is horseshit. It’s very unlikely imo that Obama says a word until the primary is settled. It seems like there several reasons why the right would put this out there.

I don't think, and certainly haven't noticed a trend that, the right is peddling the petty attempts at undermining Sanders. I think attributing badly motivated journalism and badly motivated left-ward punching by the center to the right is pretty lame, particularly in the wake of the all-out media assault on Jeremy Corbyn by the UK "liberal" press in concert with centrist liberals.

Does nobody find it odd that there is no thread on impeachment?

Not really, the outcome is a forgone conclusion. There's not even any pretense of people judging things on their merits but instead party lines. But maybe I'm just overly cynical.

Wouldn't be caught dead in the place

Its not bad but its way overpriced. Whenever I buy Starbucks coffee I enjoy it but at the same time I also feel ripped off because its usually not good enough to justify the price.

On a side note I find it weird how common it is to suggest cutting out buying coffee as a money saving tip. Do people who actually like coffee and habitually drink it seriously buy it everyday instead of making it on their own? I can understand someone grabbing a cup to wake themselves up on a bad day but if you actually like it enough to drink it everyday you should honestly get a coffee machine and make it on your own 9/10. I buy coffee out when I want to try some funky flavor but if I just want a cup for my morning caffeine I am brewing it myself.

I rarely buy it out. Usually only when I'm travelling (I know some people will pack beans, an aeropress and small hand grinder, but I'm always on a motorcycle so I pack very light). A double shot espresso, long black, latte, cappuccino or flat white is @$4-$5 here and I have about 4 a day, so it'd quickly add up otherwise. I have a roastery around the corner, 500g of single origin beans is @$30 and lasts me about a week (25 double espressos).

Locally Starbucks isn't more expensive at $5 for a "grande" latte, cappuccino or flat white, $4.50 for a long black/americano and $3.30 for a double espresso (doppio as they call it). Typically they match other local prices but offer a larger drink, or are slightly cheaper ($3.30 for a double espresso is .40c cheaper than my local cafe), but it's just not as good. Similar pricing/strategy as McDonalds McCafe. They no longer exist in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back