War Room Lounge v96: On behalf of my country, I'd just like to apologize for Hawaiian Pizza. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do the locals do when you stop for Kalua pig as a lunch?
Service with a smile. I’m pretty well liked in the community and because of my position(s) pretty well known in the whole county.
okay, i can get with this line of thinking

but i still can't help but feel like this preference for bacon interlaced with fat is just the kind of american stubornness that stopped them converting to the metric system

like they picked the belly so they're sticking with it
Idk but as someone with Taiwanese family I can assure you it’s not just Americans who have a love affair with pork belly. It’s pretty big all over East Asia.

Pork belly is indisputably delicious.

Pork back is indisputably delicious.

let’s all be proud of our own wonderful bacons imo. All the world’s bacons are beautiful

Bacon is pretty much the only pork I like (and I really, really like it). And ribs.

But unless I'm in Cuba (where pork is the national dish and they do it better than anywhere) I'm not eating pork. Ham, pork chops, and pork steak in the United States are never good imo, and pulled pork is meh.

Service with a smile. I’m pretty well liked in the community and because of my position(s) pretty well known in the whole county.

Idk but as someone with Taiwanese family I can assure you it’s not just Americans who have a love affair with pork belly. It’s pretty big all over East Asia.

Suck it @dezzy. Just admit anyone that had or still has the queen on their money is just, well, wrong.

No kidding. That's something these fruitcakes on the West Coast would put on their pizza. It's hard to find good pizza out here. Most of these pizza places put weird shit on them. I remember going to Seattle one time and two people told me about a pizza place by Pike's Market that they "I had to try" because it was so good...the best. Can't remember the name of it.

It ended up being a cracker thin crust with sauce that tasted like ketchup. There wasn't much cheese on it either... but hoooo lawd you could get all of the pineapples, buffalo cauliflower and arugula your heart desired on it.
My old Italian teacher used to complain loudly about "American pizza". She was genuinely offended by the nonsense we pile on top. We shared a mutual loathing of pineapple in particular.

Let me guess, your favorite steak is a top round sirloin then?
i don't mind fat but there's limits

you'd have to eat a shitload of fat to get the same amount of bacon you do from the english variation

i'm going for maximum bacons here buddy

I don't think so, it's more like spicy ketchup.... and not that good imo.

I like it well enough, but I don't think of it as a hot sauce. I always think the defining feature of a hot sauce is actually being hot.
Not necessarily something which has effectively been weaponised with extracted capsaicin, but it has to have some decent bite.
I feel the same about those chipotle BBQ sauces, unless there's more than just jalapeno in there.

Bacon is pretty much the only pork I like (and I really, really like it). And ribs.

But unless I'm in Cuba (where pork is the national dish and they do it better than anywhere) I'm not eating pork. Ham, pork chops, and pork steak in the United States are never good imo, and pulled pork is meh.
bacon, ham, sausage

not a big fan of porkchops

i don't mind fat but there's limits

you'd have to eat a shitload of fat to get the same amount of bacon you do from the english variation

i'm going for maximum bacons here buddy
American bacon top tier hangover food.

A couple of things:

I like bacon, but it is by far the most overrated food in America.

Pizza is cheap and easy to make. It is basically a trash food. I dont get the purist stuff with this dish.

i literally thought i was the only person on sherdog who loved aoc....when i had my aoc/omar avy last year the amount of nasty responses i got was tremendous. i didn't really know there were any leftists or liberals at the war room because the threads seem to flirt with near stormfront types of conservatism. its neat to see there are a few people here that are likeminded at least in some way.

American bacon top tier hangover food.
i don't get drunk anymore besides special occasions but i used love one of these badboys on a sunday morning

thumbnail

full english sandwich, from a butcher shop so all fresh store-cut bacon and in-house sausages

<{anton}>

i don't get drunk anymore besides special occasions but i used love one of these badboys on a sunday morning

thumbnail

full english sandwich, from a butcher shop so all fresh store-cut bacon and in-house sausages

<{anton}>
I don't get the British's obsession with what looks like Navy beans cooked in half a can of tomato soup

Is there a sort of "diffusion of responsibility" for perpetuating falsehood? What I mean is that diffusion of responsibility usually refers to situations where few people, or even nobody, steps up and does what's right. But how about when something is put forward in a telephone-game-like scenario, for instance when a bad translation or misquote gets pushed along and changes the meaning of something? At each step, the person who spreads or adds to this effect is most likely not acting out of malice, but passively receiving signals that are distorted by his bias and then repeated. There is a sort of anonymity and innocence in letting one's own bias perpetuate a falsehood, especially when others with similar bias filters are repeating the signal in the same way. So is that really innocent and just a function of being a human and being biased, or is there an actual shirking of responsibility happening? In other words, is it really the fault of individuals in the same way it's the fault of individuals in situations where there's diffusion of responsibility? Are individuals more to blame, or less to blame when perpetuating falsehood (assuming they're in the majority who are acting without real obvious malice)? The people who try not to do this, and who correct themselves when they do, tend in my experience to be people who value education and the process of learning to think.

i literally thought i was the only person on sherdog who loved aoc....when i had my aoc/omar avy last year the amount of nasty responses i got was tremendous. i didn't really know there were any leftists or liberals at the war room because the threads seem to flirt with near stormfront types of conservatism. its neat to see there are a few people here that are likeminded at least in some way.

Yeah, I, and I think some others here, have been pleasantly surprised AOC, as I was prepared to be let down. She's an undeniably talented person. I have immense respect for Omar specifically because of her courage in speaking truth to power in regard to foreign policy. And the Democratic Party leaving her out to dry on the bad faith antisemitism accusations from the GOP was fucking reprehensible. Tlaib and Pressley are more hit-and-miss, particularly with the latter.

And, yeah, you can look up some of the discussions we've had here about the vitriol directed at AOC by the right and the ham-handed attempts to not only paint her as stupid but to in fact telegraph a comparison to Trump. The "three branches of government" shot you saw in the last thread is a great example of that. It's been bad in re Omar as well, but not to the same degree in my opinion. With Omar, it's really just naked racism and sexism. With AOC, it's more pathological. Like a complex or compulsive need to disparage her.

That is basically what it is right? Navy beans with tomato based sauce right?
google says yes

they may have history of being some kind of poor people food or something but they just taste so good they transcend class lol

I like it well enough, but I don't think of it as a hot sauce. I always think the defining feature of a hot sauce is actually being hot.
Not necessarily something which has effectively been weaponised with extracted capsaicin, but it has to have some decent bite.
I feel the same about those chipotle BBQ sauces, unless there's more than just jalapeno in there.
Yeah this rings true to me. But I do love the flavor of chipotle and jalapeños in general, as well as sriracha.

You need to try kalua pig. It’s similar to pulled pork in that it’s cooked whole hog and then all chopped and mixed together, but it’s cooked in an imu which is a traditional Hawaiian underground oven. Kalua literally means “the hole”: ka, the; lua, hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back