War Room Lounge v96: On behalf of my country, I'd just like to apologize for Hawaiian Pizza. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
check the thread for yourself. it's all right there.

I've been slacking on my thread reading lately. Getting slaved out, but I have 10 minutes. Link to thread?

Meh. I'm not opposed to aggressively stamping out idiocy or trolling (and it's one or the other there).

Haha I give idiocy a bit of a pass because that's the majority. Can't really fault (technically you can, but still) people for not knowing what they don't know, or just being overall stubborn about learning, even if information is a literal click away. Too many people are stuck in their ways. Trolling on the other hand, those punishments kind of write themselves. Poking the bear as they say.

Yeah they basically just open their mouth real wide and hope that scares you off

Coincidentally, that's the same defense mechanism employed by UK PM Boris Johnson

2648a7b35d3385b4da8b346490a86bd5.jpg

Meh. I'm not opposed to aggressively stamping out idiocy or trolling (and it's one or the other there).

there are lot of idiotic statements on this forum.

people still think "The last Jedi" is a good movie.
imo, that's far worse than "stars are actually angels."

I love Malamutes and Akitas cause they're like giant teddy bears.

Then I see a vid like this and am reminded of how they're working dogs and barely removed from being wolves:

That pup is hauling ASS

The you see how powerful they can be:

But goddamn are they pretty:

That Ohio district? He's a Senator, brosephine. Fair to say that the state is more likely red than blue, though, given they've been purging voters for 10 years now.

IDK if there are any picks that are slam dunks. I really like Khanna, personally, but I don't think he achieves much electorally.

Did you have anyone in mind?
Lmao, self pwn. Yes that Ohio state is a tough sell for a Democrat.

I think the VP needs to shore up some of his vulnerabilities, but also have charisma like Bernie himself. I’d prefer it not be a Senator in a red state, and not a background guy/gal like you usually see, but outspoken. I really like Pete, Booker, Kamala, or Adams (Jack reminded of that one), as running mates. Also like them all for Biden, actually.

Some stars really are angels. Rosario Dawson and Olivia Wilde come to mind.

Also, The Last Jedi was a good movie, come at me bro.

hmm, there's something about her that is okay, she's fucked up for sure. I dunno, I'd really hate to see her have any kind of power that wasn't related to some domestic administrative task. Give her a cause that she can't fuck up, and get rid of her if she starts being awful. As an entertainer she could do a lot of damage.

But they all do. Would she be worse than whoever's time slot she's taking? She's not bright or a good speaker (her overly dramatic manner and word choices tend to create an unintentionally comic effect) so she might actually be less harmful than a trained propagandist.

Lmao, self pwn. Yes that Ohio state is a tough sell for a Democrat.

I think the VP needs to shore up some of his vulnerabilities, but also have charisma like Bernie himself. I’d prefer it not be a Senator in a red state, and not a background guy/gal like you usually see, but outspoken. I really like Pete, Booker, Kamala, or Adams (Jack reminded of that one), as running mates. Also like them all for Biden, actually.

Booker is absolutely out because of his ties to finance and his unqualified support of Israel. There are some policy frictions with Buttigieg that I'd be wary of. Harris or Abrams might be suitable picks, although I'm not sure how comfortable the former would be in that position. There are plenty of good Democratic governors to choose from as well, but they are overwhelmingly white male, so if that's a consideration he might look elsewhere. Of the former field, Castro and De Blasio stick out.

Sriracha is hot sauce for people who don't actually want their sauce to be hot

Nttawt

Is it really even a hot sauce? Might as well call Thai sweet chili sauce a hot sauce.

Guys, I'm going to be participating a lot less in the forum in the future. As much as I like the Lounge and its residents, I find the War Room draining more often than not and there are other ways I want to spend my time and energy in 2020. I'll be lurking every now and then, probably moreso as the election comes closer. Thanks to everyone I've interacted with over the years. There are too many to tag, but you know who you are.

Random musing:
Is reddit's upvote/downvote system about as ideal a representation of the "Marketplace of Ideas" can get? It makes sense that niche opinions should have an uphill battle to become mainstream without proportional evidence/support behind them. Likewise, are echo chambers a natural conclusion in such a market?

But seriously, stars factually are not angels. The Last Jedi being good or not (haven't seen it myself) isn't like that.

Off the topic of TCK, I said in another discussion recently that a real belief necessarily, in some way, limits your expectations. If I think this rock weighs 2 lbs, my expectation is that it's going to feel a certain way and that if I put it on a scale, the scale will show that it weighs about 2 lbs. If I say in advance that the rock feels lighter because it has some mystical property that also throws off a scale's ability to properly measure it, do I really have a belief about the weight of the rock? What do we, who actually aspire to have correct beliefs and care to defend ones that we think are correct, do with that kind of stuff? If they present their dogma as belief, it's tempting to try to engage it (and you know the kind of dogma we're talking about--the MSM is deliberately biased against Trump/Bernie, Trump is causing the economy or the stock market to grow somehow, Clinton is "corrupt" in some vague way--the example that brought this up was someone saying that Obama wouldn't try to help Bernie if he won the primary but then the guy admitted that there would be no outward signs of that lack of support). But it's ultimately pointless. Maybe @Tycho Brah had the right idea.

Reddit claims another good poster fuck

Best of luck @Higus hope you remember to stop by, you're one of the best

Guys, I'm going to be participating a lot less in the forum in the future. As much as I like the Lounge and its residents, I find the War Room draining more often than not and there are other ways I want to spend my time and energy in 2020. I'll be lurking every now and then, probably moreso as the election comes closer. Thanks to everyone I've interacted with over the years. There are too many to tag, but you know who you are.

Random musing:
Is reddit's upvote/downvote system about as ideal a representation of the "Marketplace of Ideas" can get? It makes sense that niche opinions should have an uphill battle to become mainstream without proportional evidence/support behind them. Likewise, are echo chambers a natural conclusion in such a market?

Lots of brain drain recently :(

Just tag him in every post so when he DOES come back he has like 2000 notifications.

@Higus

well, there goes Vince Vaughn's career.
He was photographed shaking Tump's hand at the college title game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back