War Room Lounge v96: On behalf of my country, I'd just like to apologize for Hawaiian Pizza. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this rings true to me. But I do love the flavor of chipotle and jalapeños in general, as well as sriracha.

You need to try kalua pig. It’s similar to pulled pork in that it’s cooked whole hog and then all chopped and mixed together, but it’s cooked in an imu which is a traditional Hawaiian underground oven. Kalua literally means the hole: ka, the; lua, hole.

Nah, I've been cutting down on my meat consumption toward eventually becoming vegetarian. New dishes are not in that plan.

Also, that translation explains why @Gregolian's mom is always advertising her famous kalua despite not being Hawaiian.

Nah, I've been cutting down on my meat consumption toward eventually becoming vegetarian. New dishes are not in that plan.

Also, that translation explains why @Gregolian's mom is always advertising her famous kalua despite not being Hawaiian.
*Reported

A couple of things:

I like bacon, but it is by far the most overrated food in America.

Pizza is cheap and easy to make. It is basically a trash food. I dont get the purist stuff with this dish.
A couple of other things:
Bacon is delicious, just stop.

Pizza is always cheap, but good pizza is not easy. Proof: a great New York style slice is hard to find, and it's the only pizza that matters (though, I'll also allow Chicago style sometimes).

Put pineapple on your shitty, "homemade" Boboli crust with Prego Pizza sauce and Kraft Italian blend, you heathen.

Lmao ok I accept that. I’ve been cutting way down on my meat consumption as well. But consider a traditional dish of my people if you ever come across it. Also, nice zinger.

Pizza is always cheap, but good pizza is not easy. Proof: a great New York style slice is hard to find, and it's the only pizza that matters (though, I'll also allow Chicago style sometimes).

Put pineapple on your shitty, "homemade" Boboli crust with Prego Pizza sauce and Kraft Italian blend, you heathen.

Fight me IRL.

One of my favorite types of pizza.

google says yes

they may have history of being some kind of poor people food or something but they just taste so good they transcend class lol
All over the world there are places with street food that is loved by rich and poor alike. All the more reason it needs to be good, variations notwithstanding.

enjoy your pig fat with a hint of bacon

<{cruzshake}>

NtTmW.jpg
Pork belly is a gift from the fucking God's.

Also I laughed when I watched this.

RaCiSm EnDeD iN tHe 80s.

Is there a sort of "diffusion of responsibility" for perpetuating falsehood? What I mean is that diffusion of responsibility usually refers to situations where few people, or even nobody, steps up and does what's right. But how about when something is put forward in a telephone-game-like scenario, for instance when a bad translation or misquote gets pushed along and changes the meaning of something? At each step, the person who spreads or adds to this effect is most likely not acting out of malice, but passively receiving signals that are distorted by his bias and then repeated. There is a sort of anonymity and innocence in letting one's own bias perpetuate a falsehood, especially when others with similar bias filters are repeating the signal in the same way. So is that really innocent and just a function of being a human and being biased, or is there an actual shirking of responsibility happening? In other words, is it really the fault of individuals in the same way it's the fault of individuals in situations where there's diffusion of responsibility? Are individuals more to blame, or less to blame when perpetuating falsehood (assuming they're in the majority who are acting without real obvious malice)? The people who try not to do this, and who correct themselves when they do, tend in my experience to be people who value education and the process of learning to think.

I'll engage where you reached in the middle of your post, since I feel that's where you nailed it before you continued your overall thoughts. I'd argue that there is both a shirking of responsibility, as well as it is the fault of the individuals. My main defense for this position is exclusively based around the willful ignorance level it takes to fully believe in falsehoods these days. We don't live in pre-easy travel, pre-internet, pre-instant information eras. That doesn't mean you can't get duped, of course you can, but that loss should be short term. However, for far too many people it is long term, as they are way too entrenched into their bias to be open-minded enough to change or evolve their stance.That makes them guilty, even if it was originally innocent or genuine.

A simple example is someone tells me "insert Iran position here". Everyone is smart enough to know the amounts of misinformation out there are incredibly high, so it is up to me to take it upon myself to read on it from credible sources. AP, etc. Form my opinions based off of what I learn, and evolve my opinion based on new information in either direction. I can learn that while the guy was a scumbag, he should have definitely been taken out, but maybe we could have handled it differently, and maybe up and leaving instantly from the ME isn't the easy answer we say. All of this can be true in an honest discussion from either side. The reverse of that is "insert Iran position here", and it's what I believe because it's what I think, so I will unknowingly seek out information to reaffirm my belief even if completely untrue, and then repeat that belief to others who will also do the same. The second scenario is nearly as guilty as an intentional misinformant, even if less purposeful. The only way to combat that is actively seeking to progress our knowledge as a whole, which does not seem to be the goal for the majority.

But seriously, stars factually are not angels. The Last Jedi being good or not (haven't seen it myself) isn't like that.

Off the topic of TCK, I said in another discussion recently that a real belief necessarily, in some way, limits your expectations. If I think this rock weighs 2 lbs, my expectation is that it's going to feel a certain way and that if I put it on a scale, the scale will show that it weighs about 2 lbs. If I say in advance that the rock feels lighter because it has some mystical property that also throws off a scale's ability to properly measure it, do I really have a belief about the weight of the rock? What do we, who actually aspire to have correct beliefs and care to defend ones that we think are correct, do with that kind of stuff? If they present their dogma as belief, it's tempting to try to engage it (and you know the kind of dogma we're talking about--the MSM is deliberately biased against Trump/Bernie, Trump is causing the economy or the stock market to grow somehow, Clinton is "corrupt" in some vague way--the example that brought this up was someone saying that Obama wouldn't try to help Bernie if he won the primary but then the guy admitted that there would be no outward signs of that lack of support). But it's ultimately pointless. Maybe @Tycho Brah had the right idea.

I get what you're saying, and yea I obviously agree with you.

However TCK isn't breaking any rules, and he's just spouting off what he believes.

I mean, how many here spout off shit without anything supporting it? how many have continued to regurgitate ridiculous statements inspired by memes even when they have objectively been proven to be false? Nac, just last year refuted that idiotic statement, "Michelle Obama said that this was the first time she was proud to be American when her husband won...."

Nac systematically broke down why this was a couple false statement. a couple threads later that same poster said the same thing.

Imo, this behavior is far worse.

In the grand scheme of things, I find TCK's statements more interesting than offensive, and if people find them bat shit crazy, then they can ignore them. Banishing TCK to the Great Beyond is textbook, Censor happy mod c*nt behavior.

However TCK isn't breaking any rules, and he's just spouting off what he believes.

I mean, how many here spout off shit without anything supporting it? how many have continued to regurgitate ridiculous statements inspired by memes even when they have objectively been proven to be false? Nac, just last year refuted that idiotic statement, "Michelle Obama said that this was the first time she was proud to be American when her husband won...."

Nac systematically broke down why this was a couple false statement. a couple threads later that same poster said the same thing.

In the grand scheme of things, I find TCK's statements more interesting than offensive, and if people find them bat shit crazy, then they can ignore them. Banishing TCK to the Great Beyond is textbook, Censor happy mod c*nt behavior.
He is obviously trolling. Trolling is against the rules (some times). Maybe they are trying to crack down on it finally.

What I'm really saying there is that I don't care. That kind of thing (making batshit crazy claims that are untestable by design) adds absolutely nothing of value to the group, and if mods get rid of it, it makes the place better. If they do nothing, that's fine, too.

On a related note regarding bizarre food pairings.

I work with a young girl from Idaho.

she eats cinnamon rolls in chili. yea, you heard right, cinnamon rolls (with icing) in chili. Frankly, this sounds fascinating I might have to try it next time I'm stoned. @Kafir-kun will you join me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back