War Room Lounge V77: Anthony Johnson is not a good unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord Coke made a good post last Lounge thread on the rate of suicide among Gen Z and I responded to it. Definitely an alarming trend.
IIRC, white men are the number one group at risk of suicide, and I wonder if that is also true for Gen Z victims. If so, there's a decent theory that there is a correlation between the victims and reactionary politics.

I'm certainly not going to argue they are better than western media outlets. Of course they have their agenda. And there is overlap in their agenda and certain views held by many citizens in the west. Doesnt ipso facto make those views false or wrong.

I remember my first experience with the "firehouse of falsehood". I watched every centralized media outlet warp WMDs, 911, and national security into an invasion of another country.

How anyone can view the western media with any sense of trust after that is beyond me.

They are all corrupt (meaning agenda driven) but some truths float to the top.

No, it doesn't mean they are wrong, just that they aren't being presented due to their quality or accuracy.

Didn't really see that locally. A "firehose of falsehood" usually means a flood of contradictory narratives to undermine the notion of any possibility of ascertaining an objective truth or debunking them all.
Of course there was practically 24 hour coverage of the invasion of Iraq (CNN footage). Mostly a remarkably bloodless "Sunday drive" to Baghdad by "embedded journalists" and the staged photo op with the statue being pulled down, but the local media very quickly started asking "what if they don't find any WMDs?".
Our own involvement was extremely unpopular prior to the Bali Bombing.

Asset agent it's a CT either word you use
No, the words are not interchangable. Agent requires the existence of a theorized conspiracy. Asset does not.

Just admit it: you thought people were making ridiculous allegations, but that's because you misunderstood what they said. No need to double down on something as petty as the meaning of a word.

I am a huge fan of Ray Lewis. Greatest to ever play the game. The mind and body of an attacker. He could zero in on everything happening on the field. Whatever the play was, we was there. Usually first, sometimes the last, but always there.

He represents what I respect about achievements in American Football. I've played the sport myself, the position he played actually, and I know how hard that it.

I'm aware of what it takes to dominate from that position. Consciousness amidst chaos, the physical capacity to manifest change in a fluid ordeal of muscle, the ability to consistently do this year after year, way after youth has tipped its hat and shadowed out the back door.

Is Ray Lewis my asset?
If you have a point, you should make it. But your time would be better spent perusing a dictionary.

No, it doesn't mean they are wrong, just that they aren't being presented due to their quality or accuracy.

Didn't really see that locally. A "firehose of falsehood" usually means a flood of contradictory narratives to undermine the notion of any possibility of ascertaining an objective truth or debunking them all.
Of course there was practically 24 hour coverage of the invasion of Iraq (CNN footage), mostly a remarkably bloodless "Sunday drive" to Baghdad by "embedded journalists" and the staged photo op with the statue being pulled down, but the local media very quickly started asking "what if they don't find any WMDs?".
I'm sure tour experience in Australia was different than here. It had to be.

What had to happen here was to convince the population this was a war worth fighting.

Two things happened in the media, and this is always a sign of a "pushed agenda", (1) an all out assault for war, and (2) a demonization/mockery of those opposed to the war or outright exclusion from the conversation.

It's funny how, now, most everyone agrees it was a mistake, but theres very little talk about it. Meanwhile, we keep pushing the military agenda forward.

God forbid we ever have real discussions or plans for solving these problems without launching missiles at foreign governments.

"They hate us for our freedom"

<34>

No, the words are not interchangable. Agent requires the existence of a theorized conspiracy. Asset does not.

Just admit it: you thought people were making ridiculous allegations, but that's because you misunderstood what they said. No need to double down on something as petty as the meaning of a word.

If you have a point, you should make it. But your time would be better spent perusing a dictionary.
So what you are saying is, the Russians like Tulsi, they are fans of her, and that makes her an asset.

interesting video this cop has amazing patience
https://www.gazettetimes.com/news/l...cle_c04e3d7a-0360-5b74-a039-683e440b640e.html
The NAACP is condemning the Oct. 13 arrest of a black Oregon State University student who was riding her bicycle against traffic, saying Genesis Hansen was victimized by police because of her race.

“As the nation’s oldest civil rights organization, we view this civil rights violation by state and local law enforcement as another example of racial inequity and excessive use of force imposed on communities of color by law enforcement,” the organization said in a statement issued Monday.

The statement was signed by E.D. Mondaine of the NAACP’s Alaska, Oregon and Washington conference and Angel Harris of the Corvallis/Albany branch.

I dont agree. I mean in spirit I agree but if that was the case she would have steamrolled trump with ease. The perception of criminality really fucked her up in the election weather it was true or not and thats what I mean by perception mattering more than reality

Not talking about elections, though. Just reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation–State_Department_controversy
Dont you remember hearing about all this stuff? It all just seemed like noise to me yet it caught on in the public

Yeah, but I'm wondering if there's anything to it. Even any reason to suspect there might be.

Again im not even saying shes a crook or that shes guilty of anything . Im just saying 1 its hard to know anything after 30 years of attacks against her and 2 perception is reality as far as how the american voter reacted to it . She would probably be president right now if a slightly smaller percentage of people didnt have the perception that she was a crook involved in all kinds of wrong doing. Do you get what I mean about perception and reality ?

If the point is just that lying about people can get good results, sure. I don't disagree.

And she is in communication with them and is receiving information from them and direction and a host of other 'tions....
Cold again. You're back to the "agent" hangup.

interesting video this cop has amazing patience
https://www.gazettetimes.com/news/l...cle_c04e3d7a-0360-5b74-a039-683e440b640e.html
The NAACP is condemning the Oct. 13 arrest of a black Oregon State University student who was riding her bicycle against traffic, saying Genesis Hansen was victimized by police because of her race.

“As the nation’s oldest civil rights organization, we view this civil rights violation by state and local law enforcement as another example of racial inequity and excessive use of force imposed on communities of color by law enforcement,” the organization said in a statement issued Monday.

The statement was signed by E.D. Mondaine of the NAACP’s Alaska, Oregon and Washington conference and Angel Harris of the Corvallis/Albany branch.

What's the law regarding identification in the US?
Here you're not required to carry or provide it (including giving your name, not just ID), but if the officer has any reason to request it (which presumably includes giving a traffic citation) and you don't comply, they can detain you until you're identified.

Interesting, although the Neonazis/White nationalists/supremacists becoming less about organised geographic groups and more about online communities happened way before 2013 here, so I assume it happened earlier in the US as well.

Makes sense in a way. Can you imagine actually hanging out with such a crew? The stench alone would drive one to miscegeny.

What's the law regarding identification in the US?
Here you're not required to carry or provide it (including giving your name, not just ID), but if the officer has any reason to request it (which presumably includes giving a traffic citation) and you don't comply they can detain you until you're identified.

That is the law in Oregon as well where this happened each state is a little different

personally, I'm okay with this.

I don't like insulting regular posters here.

I mean, I did like insulting obvious trolls, and people who post incendiary stuff just for reactions...but for me...

the hardest part is NOT lashing out at those who have insulted me for no reason (during this bet)
That's the easy part for me, not responding in kind. The hard part is not randomly throwing out a nasty insult that I think is funny, for funsies.

That's the easy part for me, not responding in kind. The hard part is not randomly throwing out a nasty insult that I think is funny, for funsies.

remember, slight little jabs, and giving people shit is okay. still within the rules.

Clintons comment raises to every bar of CT, especially politically driven CT, a subsect of the phenomenon.

Calling Hillary corrupt is not a stretch. The Clinton machine is is one of the largest bubbling farts in the swamp and we all know it.

Clinton said Russia is showing favor and support for Gabbard.

They are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back