War Room Lounge V77: Anthony Johnson is not a good unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Clinton corrupt? Give some examples

Perception is reality and often times matters more than facts.

I dont know if anything she did was illegal but it does kind of appear that there was some pay to play stuff with the clinton foundation and I cant deny that her and her husband seem to have really prospered with their political career. The benghazi and email stuff is a buncha nonsense but I have some questions about the money where it came from and what was given in return for it.

I still voted for her but I trust her less than a lot of other politicians and her ambitions for power have always been very clear.

That said I dont think shes guilty of anything that other politicians havent done and it seems rather silly to call her out on it while giving everyone else a free pass. Money politics and favors is a very dirty game and the clintons didnt invent it and arent the last to prosper from it. The current guy seems to be guilty of all the same shenanigans

The republicans did a good job putting the stink on her for 30 years and muddied the waters to a point where it is really hard to tell what the truth actually is any more and she didnt do herself any favors by coming across as extremely unlikable which makes folks want to believe the worst

Bottom line is I actually dont know if shes a crook or not and it is really hard to gauge after years of smears and disinformation . Ive read so many conflicting things about her yet I dont know her personally and just dont have a good read on what is and isnt true. Im kind of a moron myself and If I cant tell the truth from fiction how can I expect people dumber than me to be able to do so.

I don't know about "helping her" in any material sense, but RT and Sputnik certainly sing her praises. Mostly because of her isolationist streak (in regards to Syria, Iran and Venezuela particularly) and meeting with Assad.
A lot of view points marginalized by the MSM end up on RT

Maybe you just never had true passion or talents for something to hold this belief?

Maybe. My point here is that virtually nobody seems to be able to call it quits before it gets sad. Not sure what it is. Money? I mean my impression is that you usually don't witness such dramatic career downfalls in boxing, for example.

Maybe. My point here is that virtually nobody seems to be able to call it quits before it gets sad. Not sure what it is. Money? I mean my impression is that you usually don't witness such dramatic career downfalls in boxing, for example.
It used to be really common in boxing. Ali being the prime example, but there are countless cases. In team sports, or lots of other careers as well, you usually don’t have any say, but lots of combat sports guys (or even pro wrestlers) can keep finding other promotions or somebody willing to make money off of their name.

In MMA it just so happens that the biggest promotion also has basically no scruples.

Edit: none of this means I think Weidman should retire. I’m just saying in general

I don't know about "helping her" in any material sense, but RT and Sputnik certainly sing her praises. Mostly because of her isolationist streak (in regards to Syria, Iran and Venezuela particularly) and meeting with Assad.

I dont get how these CT types who question everything and think all news is fake arent more suspicious of things they hear on RT. Watching anything they put out is mentally tasking at trying to sort out fact from hype and speculation and good old fashioned propaganda

Personal example .....
I used to love Thom Heartman and he is how I got introduced to Bernie and decided he would be the best president we could possibly have..... But him putting his show on RT completely ruined his credibility to me and now I cant listen to him at all without being paranoid of every word that comes out of his mouth . Despite what so many alt right dipshits would have you believe Russia is not and has never been our friend and so I am skeptical of any narrative that they endorse no matter how much I want to believe it.

I dont think everyone is some kind of russian agent but we know from studying them psych ops and sowing discord is their specialty ya know . Weve seen videos of KGB agents talk about it.

"Harassment as a tool of isolation" was an interesting point. It's similar to gang initiation, but since this form of hate is so decentralized, there is not really a way to initiate somebody, so you just encourage harassment and hope it sticks. And if it does stick, it's self-perpetuating because you're manipulated into harassing the people you would actually want to return to, socially, if you got your shit together.

It's not very effective, but at such a high volume you don't need a big success rate.
Was it @Kafir-kun that was talking about suicide rates of young people recently? The "harassment as a tool of isolation" is an interesting theory as something that can contribute to that sense of despair. People get caught up in a movement that isolates them from the rest of society and promotes nihilism but also gives false hope that change is possible. They become part of a movement that is good at getting people angry about issues, but without leaders that can point you in how to do something about it. They are left with the only options with what to do with that energy and despair are seemingly to act as a lone wolf or to kill yourself.

That's paranoid

Paranoid? RT and Sputnik are Russian propaganda. The Russian Equivalent of Radio Free Europe. Except the Russian "Firehose of Falsehood" propaganda technique is different from the selective attention and narrative driven American propaganda.

Russia has been helping Gabbard? WhatchyabtalkinboutJack?

Praising her on state-owned media and Twitter bots and trolls supporting her. Those are not controversial claims. Do your own research if you don't believe me.

Hmm, but he's talking about hate group numbers and hate crime numbers at the start of the video? He's saying that hate crimes stayed the same while actual hate group numbers dropped dramatically, and proposing that this was a result of them decentralising and forming online communities. I can't imagine in 2013 that organised hate groups dissolved into the chans.
The shift happened in the late '90s early 2000s here. Groups like National Action and Australian Nationalist Movement disappeared, largely due to splintering, infighting, prison and death. The skinhead gatherings and marches were replaced largely with online communities (which continued the infighting and splintering).
A lot of them reemerged publicly with the "mainstreaming" of antimuslim and anti-immigration groups.
CpXoe6XUMAA1Rms.jpg

Lol, how to put this gently: homeboy in the blackshirt wouldn't have made it through aktion tiergartenstrasse 4.

Lol, how to put this gently: homeboy in the blackshirt wouldn't have made it through aktion tiergartenstrasse 4.

Ross "The Skull" May. Seems unlikely that it's just a phase he'll grow out of.

0d994a44daf2f786c7390b05800d2008

If he hadn't wasted years trying to make WW and MW I think his career trajectory would have looked far different.
I dunno. It's not like his flaws or style fundamentally changed. Hes a powerful dude with good striking and decent wrestling who had limited fight IQ and struggled when he wasn't able to overwhelm an opponent. It's possible that his mentality and cardio were permanently affected by extreme cuts, but that's a bit of a reach, imo.

Paranoid? RT and Sputnik are Russian propaganda. The Russian Equivalent of Radio Free Europe. Except the Russian "Firehose of Falsehood" propaganda technique is different from the selective attention and narrative driven American propaganda.
Had you not used an absolute I wouldn't have responded with that. Plenty of stories run through RT that dont support their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back