War Room Lounge v72: Nope

What are the chances we've been visited by intelligent space aliens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Also, in a free society with enlightenment values, rational people like you are encouraged to criticize press outlets which sacrifice quality for profit.

No, I found it on the front page under "Morning Mix", not "most-viewed":

The Washington Post's Morning Mix blog covers stories from all over the nation and world.

Quality is subjective.

Quality is subjective.
Is the severity of (1) rape vs. (2) undirected epithets subjective?

In your subjective opinion, which is more severe?

(A) rape is more severe

(B) undirected epithets are more severe

Life elsewhere in the galaxy is a near certainty.

Could even find simple life hiding under the ice of Europa.

But advanced civilizations solving the light barrier enabling interstellar travel?

Nah.

Why "nah"?

We all expect advanced civilizations to be only hundreds of years or so more technologically superior to us...

What if it is thousands, or maybe millions of years?

What if this faster than light travel is only one spectrum or mode of traveling vast amounts of space?

There is surely advanced life out there...and I believe they have been here.

Why "nah"?

We all expect advanced civilizations to be only hundreds of years or so more technologically superior to us...

What if it is thousands, or maybe millions of years?

What if this faster than light travel is only one spectrum or mode of traveling vast amounts of space?

There is surely advanced life out there...and I believe they have been here.
I'm thinking the light barrier is isolating galactic communities.

Also, why the fuck would they come here?
To what possible purpose?

Resources, raw materials? Those can be far more easily obtained in the asteroids and ices are easily available. No need to use an in - stellar drive and waste the fuel getting into the inner system.

I agree with you, and I think we'd have a better press if people like you voiced that opinion more.

But the individuals that own and operate the outlet have the freedom to make the choice.

I may not agree with their approach, but it's still their right.

If you don't like what they report or promote, just don't buy it or read it.

But the individuals that own and operate the outlet have the freedom to make the choice.

I may not agree with their approach, but it's still their right.

If you don't like what they report or promote, just don't buy it or read it.
You're trying to have a completely different argument than the original one.

The original point was that I've seen people including @Jack V Savage claim that the WaPo is an excellent paper. I'm saying no excellent paper should sacrifice its editorial integrity to such an extent that it puts trash like the Covington High story or this n-word story on its front page given the 1000s of more important stories that deserve that placement.

I'm not arguing for government regulation of the media or whatever you're suggesting.

That's not even the problem.. you need to be capable of speeds exponentially faster than light speed if you want to reach even the closest nearby system in any sort of reasonable amount of time. It's over 2 million light-years.

Huh? The closest possibly habitable planet is less than 5 light years away. I believe there are 10 potential worlds within 50. Where are you getting 2 million from, that kinda distance would get you across the galaxy and back about 20 times.

No, I found it on the front page under "Morning Mix", not "most-viewed":
The Washington Post's Morning Mix blog covers stories from all over the nation and world.
I found it on the national news page under a most viewed column
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/
If I had to guess, I would say the morning mix is curated via algorithm of trending categories rather than hand-selected. The CVS story appears on top because it is on top of the national news most viewed

I found it on the national news page under a most viewed column
Yes, it's a "Most Read" story as well.

If I had to guess, I would say the morning mix is curated via algorithm of trending categories rather than hand-selected.
Seems like a decent bet. I'd like to see confirmation. I think it doesn't really change my point, though.

Last edited:
So who do Republicans run if by remote chance the tracks off the Trump train fail?

Pence? Cruz? Pubio? Ivanka? Romney?

So who do Republicans run if by remote chance the tracks off the Trump train fail?

Pence? Cruz? Pubio? Ivanka? Romney?
mattis5-e1480659838114.jpg

In all seriousness who the fuck knows.

Yes, it's a "Most Read" story as well.

Seems like a decent bet. I'd like to see confirmation. I think it doesn't really change my point, though.
What's the point? That capitalism is detrimental to a well informed population?

I hope the NRA burns simply so groups that aren't complete fudd fucks like the GOA get more traction.
Have you ever tried to use a raw potato as a suppressor like they did on The Wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back