War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never a huge fan of NBK.

I think Tarantino is alright, though. I really like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction

That's fine, but Woody kills it. Don't know where else he demonstrated near the range.

There's great moments throughout his subsequent films, but for me only the Kill Bill flicks have any repeat viewing power. Unlike True Romance. I'll watch that every time I come across it.

That's fine, but Woody kills it. Don't know where else he demonstrated near the range.

There's great moments throughout his subsequent films, but for me only the Kill Bill flicks have any repeat viewing power. Unlike True Romance. I'll watch that every time I come across it.

It's a stretch to call "True Romance" a Tarantino film. It's probably the most faithful adaptation of a screenplay of his(with NBK being the only other example) , but it's still as much a Tony Scott film, as it is Tarantino.

Overall, Tarantino is amazing. "Death Proof" being his only shit movie. To the poster who said every Tarantino is the same...yeah, go fuck yourself. You'd be hard pressed to find any acclaimed director as diverse, and consistent.

Gonna say something controversial here.

With Basterds being the exception and I think a lot of that had to do with the cast he had... Tarantino has been straight trash since Jackie Brown.

I've never been able to watch either of the Kill Bill flicks in a single sitting. Django Unchained was dumb as shit and Hateful Eight was him seeing how often he could drop an n-bomb the same way South Park did this:

It's a stretch to call "True Romance" a Tarantino film. It's probably the most faithful adaptation of a screenplay of his(with NBK being the only other example) , but it's still as much a Tony Scott film, as it is Tarantino.

Overall, Tarantino is amazing. "Death Proof" being his only shit movie. To the poster who said every Tarantino is the same...yeah, go fuck yourself. You'd be hard pressed to find any acclaimed director as diverse, and consistent.

He wrote the film. It's what got him the seed money to get Res Dogs going. Tony Scott was a great director. All in all it added up to one of my most favorite films ever. So much fun to watch all the way through.

Death Proof is better if you watch Vanishing Point first. :)

With Basterds being the exception and I think a lot of that had to do with the cast he had... Tarantino has been straight trash since Jackie Brown.

I've never been able to watch either of the Kill Bill flicks in a single sitting. Django Unchained was dumb as shit and Hateful Eight was him seeing how often he could drop an n-bomb the same way South Park did this:

Your pedestrian and hyperbolic criticisms are trash.

"Too much n-word in post civil war drama. Would not bang"

<DisgustingHHH>

I agree Basterds was a high point. Django was fine though, good fun and visually interesting, weird story and characters.

Kill Bill was really hard for me to watch too, not sure why. It seems like a good movie, just not my thing.

Your pedestrian and hyperbolic criticisms are trash.

"Too much n-word in post civil war drama. Would not bang"

<DisgustingHHH>
I really don't give two shits about the use of it but for fuck sakes, when it's said so much you could make a YouTube counter vid of it for the lols the way In Bruges did for fuck:

Then you're doing it for tehs ake of trying to get to people and it's boring and dumb. Django is the same way for me.

I agree Basterds was a high point. Django was fine though, good fun and visually interesting, weird story and characters.

Kill Bill was really hard for me to watch too, not sure why. It seems like a good movie, just not my thing.
I get he's trying to do a throwback thing to old school action movies but I thought the movies were just.... bad.

My favorite quirky movies with violence and shit are these:

EDIT:
I can get why people LIKE Tarantino. I just prefer in the realm of directors that do goofy shit with lots of violence in them like him Ritchie is more entertaining and I think that's cause of the humor he plugs into it:

Whereas Tarantino is just ultra violence seemingly for the sake of it (Kill Bill) or ridiculous use of racial slurs for the sake of using it (Django and Hateful Eight)

Guy Ritchie?

I mean, I like him(not RocknRolla though. That shit was terrible), but he's essentially just a poor man's Tarantino.

"In Bruges" is aces though.

DYXjDNwU0AALkx0.jpg
DYXjDNxVAAAU6wr.jpg

<{1-12}>

Death proof was great in the theater with the whole concept , double feature, film ticks and what not

I think a lot of people would agree about Tarantino.

Woody Harrelson is perhaps the most underrated actor in Hollywood. He's incredible and probably my favorite actor to watch. But I also think Bale is very, very good.
Woody's performance in 3 billboards was fucking fantastic

Presidential dick pics are on the move.

You heard it here first.

Say what you will about Tarantino, but nobody has his talent for shooting feet and bloodspatters.

I have shit taste though and will go see Pacific Rim 2 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back