War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to have to do better than that. We're still in the war room. Make a cogent argument, or fuck off.
I don't recall any other incidents resulting in potentially career ending injury to some hapless guy unlucky enough to be caught in the attack. I'm assuming Borg will be fine, but eyes full of glass is no fucking joke. Dude has multiple corneal abrasions.

The UFC is lucky Conor has caused all this distraction from the fact that even without his antics they would have once again failed to provide the compelling main event they promised.

<TrumpWrong1>

I already said he should be punished. 150 hours of community service, pay for damages, pay for hospital bills, pay civil damages to anyone injured. 1-2 year suspension from the sport.

What does not accepting it entail, I guess is what I'm asking? I think it means banning him.

Thanks for the reminders on the other stuff. I don't really see them as being in the same category.

<TrumpWrong1>

I already said he should be punished. 150 hours of community service, pay for damages, pay for hospital bills, pay civil damages to anyone injured. 1-2 year suspension from the sport.
Is a 2-year suspension enough to make the sport whole? That might be acceptable. I still say he needs to be pulled off of the streets and confined for a while, because he is erratic and violent, and he is hurting people, in cold blood in this case, since it was premeditated.

The scrap pack should have gotten minimum 1 year suspension. Rampage was made to plead guilty to a felony, but the judge was a little bitch. Complete miscarriage (trollface).

What does not accepting it entail, I guess is what I'm asking? I think it means banning him.

Thanks for the reminders on the other stuff. I don't really see them as being in the same category.
Really? Rampage crasehd his truck into multiple cars, including one containing a pregnant woman. How is what Conor did worse? Rampage could have easily killed someone.

Really? Rampage crasehd his truck into multiple cars, including one containing a pregnant woman. How is what Conor did worse? Rampage could have easily killed someone.
Also, this incident occurred on a public roadway. The general public was completely at risk from Rampage's behavior.

The UFC is lucky Conor has caused all this distraction from the fact that even without his antics they would have once again failed to provide the compelling main event they promised.
It would have been silly to hold Ferguson's freak injury against the UFC.

And I'm sure that to the extent this gives them a convenient scapegoat, they'd much rather not deal with the immense shitfest it caused. It's just a different kind of PR nightmare.

Rampage's actions were fucked up, and the law was involved. But I see it as him acting as a private citizen and the offense as being against the community he lived in. And I see Conor's actions as not necessarily *worse* overall (that's not what I meant by "not in the same category") but more relevant to his role as a UFC fighter and so more deserving of a UFC-specific action.

The Irish aren't real people
giphy.gif

Rampage's actions were fucked up, and the law was involved. But I see it as him acting as a private citizen and the offense as being against the community he lived in. And I see Conor's actions as not necessarily *worse* overall (that's not what I meant by "not in the same category") but more relevant to his role as a UFC fighter and so more deserving of a UFC-specific action.
Oh, that makes sense. I agree with that entirely.

Also, this incident occurred on a public roadway. The general public was completely at risk from Rampage's behavior.
Conor's behavior was intentionally malicious, planned in advance, and dangerous. (Resulted from imuplse, sure, but that only gets you so far if you book plane tickets and sneak into a restricted area to ambush someone).

What Rampage (and Jones) did was stupid, impulsive, and dangerous. They wound up spending a little time in jail and serving suspended sentences. (Jackson's felony was later cleared from his record, Jones's wasn't because he kept fucking up).

What the scrap pack did was intentional, but spur of the moment and not particularly dangerous. Dunno if they were even charged.

I'll note that Dana White banned Thiago Silva from the UFC after his aggravated assault and battery charges (although they were more severe than Conor's actions).

What are everyone's thoughts on Iaquinta vs Felder? I think I like Felder at a +111 dog here. Not "bet the house" but one fight worth maybe throwing a few shekles on.

My rationale is that he is a cleaner technical fighter and hits hard and Al is a glorified brawler. Of course Al could catch him but Felder is a pretty careful, clean striker and has looked good in 2017. Much smarter fighter (and in general) too. Al has been off for a year, too.
im guessing felder wins pretty handily, and ragin al goes on a twitter tirade, then dissapears for another year...or to bellator

Negligent accident =/= Premeditated intent.

It would have been silly to hold Ferguson's freak injury against the UFC.

And I'm sure that to the extent this gives them a convenient scapegoat, they'd much rather not deal with the immense shitfest it caused. It's just a different kind of PR nightmare.

I’m not blaming anyone, but what killed this event for me and many others wasn’t losing Chiesa or Borg but losing the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back