War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo's best performance was easily "Django Unchained".

One of the few roles where he isn't playing Leonardo Dicaprio.
He was terrific in that. I think he's really good in Body of Lies too. It seems that most people haven't seen that movie, but it's excellent.

Leo suffers from Al Pacino Syndrome.

He plays himself playing a character. Will Smith does this same thing. His version of Deadshot was literally Will Smith playing a dude cosplaying.

Leo’s best acting is still in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.

The best movie he’s in is The Departed, in my opinion.

Recently watched the new Blade Runner. meh. It's worth watching but nothing great. Plot and ending are lame. Reminded me a lot of the recent Star Wars films. The search for old characters.

Leo suffers from Al Pacino Syndrome.

He plays himself playing a character. Will Smith does this same thing. His version of Deadshot was literally Will Smith playing a dude cosplaying.

People can argue that about present day Pacino but not prime Pacino.

People can argue that about present day Pacino but not prime Pacino.
I was arguing present day Pacino. Everything from the Carlito's Way/Scarface era and back he was awesome. Everything since he started rocking the goatee and long hair all the time.....

I'd be lying if I said this didn't negatively affect my opinion of you.

Even if you don't like the character, you can still appreciate the caliber and nuance of the performance. To say that anyone could do it really reflects poorly on your ability to appreciate and appraise.

Damn dude. Seemed like a fun joke when I went bed. Then I wake up to this. :(

We did Sideways in the Sherdog Movie Club. Did you chime in, I can't recall.

Damn, man. The Maltese Falcon is another top-3 all-time movie for me. Chinatown is probably top 10. Some other great ones, and lots and lots of fun ones, some of which objectively aren't that good (like "the Lady in the Lake," which I think is also alluded to in TBL and is shot in first person).

Did you ever get around to watching this.

th

@Overpressure

John Dowd said he was banging underage girls in a radio interview. So Rose sued him for defamation and during discovery they found out Dowd was right. The chick wasn't even after him.

Rose straight up #MeToo ed himself lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ationship-with-pete-rose-as-an-underage-teen/

A woman says she had a sexual relationship with baseball legend Pete Rose that began in 1973 when she was 14 or 15 years old and continued for several years, according to federal court documents filed Monday.

In response, Rose acknowledged that he had sex with the woman, who was not identified, but said he believed she was 16 at the time, old enough to legally consent in Ohio.

The woman’s account was submitted by defense attorneys in a defamation lawsuit Rose filed last year against John Dowd, a well-known Washington lawyer who said in a 2015 radio interview that Rose had committed statutory rape by routinely having sex with underage girls during his baseball career. The lawsuit is underway in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

@Overpressure

John Dowd said he was banging underage girls in a radio interview. So Rose sued him for defamation and during discovery they found out Dowd was right. The chick wasn't even after him.

Rose straight up #MeToo ed himself lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ationship-with-pete-rose-as-an-underage-teen/

A woman says she had a sexual relationship with baseball legend Pete Rose that began in 1973 when she was 14 or 15 years old and continued for several years, according to federal court documents filed Monday.

In response, Rose acknowledged that he had sex with the woman, who was not identified, but said he believed she was 16 at the time, old enough to legally consent in Ohio.

The woman’s account was submitted by defense attorneys in a defamation lawsuit Rose filed last year against John Dowd, a well-known Washington lawyer who said in a 2015 radio interview that Rose had committed statutory rape by routinely having sex with underage girls during his baseball career. The lawsuit is underway in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Well, that's the end of my support for him.
Oh well! ¯\_(**)_/¯

I don't sit around chatting about films on the internet like some goddamn nerd.

Then I guess I won't expect a response here. :cool:

I like Giamatti quite bit. My favorite role of his was in Shoot 'Em Up. His demeanor and frustration really added to the fun.

Then I guess I won't expect a response here. :cool:

I like Giamatti quite bit. My favorite role of his was in Shoot 'Em Up. His demeanor and frustration really added to the fun.

I've been really wanting to see Billions to see how he can fare in a role where he's not a pathetic douche, and apparently it's gotten sterling reviews. But who the fuck has Showtime?

I've been really wanting to see Billions to see how he can fare in a role where he's not a pathetic douche, and apparently it's gotten sterling reviews. But who the fuck has Showtime?

Hadn't heard of that one. Thanks for the tip.

Showtime-shmotime. Do you even internet bro?

Hadn't heard of that one. Thanks for the tip.

Showtime-shmotime. Do you even internet bro?

I'm not very tech savvy, and I'm not trying to fuck with those viruses. Already went down that road with Spartacus, Eastbound & Down, and GOT.

I'm not very tech savvy, and I'm not trying to fuck with those viruses. Already went down that road with Spartacus, Eastbound & Down, and GOT.

What happened? Did your computer start mining someone else's bitcoin?

Billions is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back