War Room Lounge v51: A Total Non-Starter

Which presidential candidates are total non-starters for you? (Pick up to 3 out of the top 12)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would be considered responsible parents? Those who have kids after getting married? Those who have a certain number of kids?
No idea but there needs to be some mechanism to avoid child farming.

I had a lot of foreign students in my engineering classes in Canada. I'd wager it was close to half, maybe 40%.

Not to get racist (it's gon get racist), but the Chinese were the worst fucking cheaters I have ever seen in my life. Holy shit. I saw a guy google something during an exam. This was absolutely haram under the rules. In digital electronics, we had to build all kinds of amplifiers and rectifiers and stuff like that, and then write a lab report explaining how it all works. As part of the lab report, we had to test the transistors to get their beta values so we could estimate the size of resistor needed to bias it correctly. For one lab section, the machine to do this was broken the day their lab did the experiment. You don't need to have an Engineering degree to figure out how every single Chinese student in that section got caught submitting lab reports from the year before. And none of these people got expelled because they were paying 20 grand a semester or some crazy bullshit to be there.
I remember listening to an NPR report on that controversial Chinese scientist who genetically modified those twins and this topic came up. They interviewed a Chinese professor who basically admitted cheating is a part of Chinese culture and isn't looked down upon so long as you don't get caught. Success at all costs is what they encourage, they really take "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying" to heart.

I noticed him installing the racism plugin to the gimmick a few days ago. Will be interesting to see where he takes it.

We're not going too far with that just yet, small doses.

Boy, the grandparents sure do leave out some details when they tell you about their struggles. I just calculated the real dollar value of the farmland my great grandfather bought when he immigrated from Ukraine. A quarter section was about 50g in real dollars back then. In that area of the world a quarter section goes for about 300g's these days.

Hah! Calm your farm. A post was reported for being an off topic derail so I moved it to the lounge, not realising the thread was newer than the post.
I guess Yorkist took advantage of being the OP to change the title and poll.
What were the originals?
That shouldn't have moved or deleted any posts though.

Really? That's awesome. Who knew a hapless poster like @Yorkist was capable of doing something funny.

Boy, the grandparents sure do leave out some details when they tell you about their struggles. I just calculated the real dollar value of the farmland my great grandfather bought when he immigrated from Ukraine. A quarter section was about 50g in real dollars back then. In that area of the world a quarter section goes for about 300g's these days.
So what you're saying is the newer generations are whinny brats who can't do real work and should start pulling themselves by the bootstraps?

So what you're saying is the newer generations are whinny brats who can't do real work and should start pulling themselves by the bootstraps?

Took the words right out of my grandparents' mouthes.

Really? That's awesome. Who knew a hapless poster like @Yorkist was capable of doing something funny.

Could you ever, once, give a simple even minor compliment to someone that you don't turn into an insult?

Also, 35 of the 50 cows swept away have been found alive now. Apparently cows are more drowning resistant than I thought.

Could you ever, once, give a simple even minor compliment to someone that you don't turn into an insult?

Also, 35 of the 50 cows swept away have been found alive now. Apparently cows are more drowning resistant than I thought.

They can gooooooo, with the flowwwwww!

You gonna white knight for trash like Yorkist? Sure Trotsky is a bit ornery most of the time but some people deserve it.

You gonna white knight for trash like Yorkist? Sure Trotsky is a bit ornery most of the time but some people deserve it.

It wasn't necessarily for York. Trots kinda does it a lot and it really just cements the liberal superiority complex feeling that goes on around here. A solid gag (thread hijack when opportunity falls into his lap) can earn the props and not need a bash behind it

How do you get juice stains on a hat?

Really a question for waigrouwmxkyogoughn .... or whatever his name is

You agree he should change his name to just Wai. I agree with this as well.

Hey, you white knight me from time to time. All is fair.

It wasn't necessarily for York. Trots kinda does it a lot and it really just cements the liberal superiority complex feeling that goes on around here. A solid gag (thread hijack when opportunity falls into his lap) can earn the props and not need a bash behind it
I see your point but nah, in this case its well deserved.
Hey, you white knight me from time to time. All is fair.
Yeah but you're not trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back