• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V195: Cleaning your room while high on pills with your pet lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time homie....don't want to start off Friday in a pissing match with an Asian , or mod.

I'd rather focus my ire on the true enemy.
You can PM it to me if you're worried about getting dogpiled by the rest of the thread, I'm really just curious. At this point I know you don't mean to offend me, I just love your acronyms.

Besides I'd never card someone for answering a question that I asked of them, right @Yehudim?

You can PM it to me if you're worried about getting dogpiled by the rest of the thread, I'm really just curious. At this point I know you don't mean to offend me, I just love your acronyms.

Besides I'd never card someone for answering a question that I asked of them, right @Yehudim?

Dog piling is all they got. Strength in numbers...kind of like cockroaches and antifa

Dog piling is all they got. Strength in numbers...kind of like cockroaches and antifa
Do cockroaches really have strength in numbers? Seems like they just scatter even when they have overwhelming numbers.

Maybe bees would be a better analogy but I guess people like bees these days so that's not insulting.

Entrapment and dishonesty is all I have to say about that situation

White
Progressive
Ethnomasochists.

Stupid ass self loathing leftists who in an effort to combat racism end up fomenting more racism and nazi like behavior than nazi themselves.
Shouldn't it be WPE then?
@AgonyandIrony I highly suggest them.

But as a drummer this shit is very cool

That's actually baller. I'll be sure to check them out. Found myself digging on that a lot more than I thought I would.

The Gorillaz has a track that's a homage to old school 2-tone ska and I've been fucking rocking steady to this shit for a hot minute.
but this set of songs isn’t a mess, either; several moments offer interesting cross-generational riffs on U.K. music history. On “Momentary Bliss,” young politically-radical rapper Slowthai and the punk duo Slaves hop on the track and pay wild, jubilant tribute to the two-tone ska of the Specials and the English Beat;
tenor.gif

That's actually baller. I'll be sure to check them out. Found myself digging on that a lot more than I thought I would.

The Gorillaz has a track that's a homage to old school 2-tone ska and I've been fucking rocking steady to this shit for a hot minute.

tenor.gif

Liking it more than I thought I would is literally how I'd describe it. I hated the previous album because it had gone soft and poppy, but after a second and third listen I was hooked. Pitfalls is a very dark and sad pop album, but it's amazing as well. Baard is an incredible drummer. A lot of the drumming seems hyper-repetitive but being able to put accents in different unpredictable spots while maintaining that robotic precision is beyond impressive.

I have respect for the Gorillaz and have no hate for Ska, but neither are my jam.

These are pretty good. The guy who trolls scam callers started making a program that will just reply back to scammers and keep them on the call. Looks like it isn't near perfect enough to do the job but this may be the funniest thing you could get for AI to do:

Edit: the funniest thing is the AI failing to interpret what the scammer said still kinda accomplishes the goal of wasting their time. It’s just a matter of figuring out how to prolong how long they’ll wait until giving up on the call.

Last edited:
Liking it more than I thought I would is literally how I'd describe it. I hated the previous album because it had gone soft and poppy, but after a second and third listen I was hooked. Pitfalls is a very dark and sad pop album, but it's amazing as well. Baard is an incredible drummer. A lot of the drumming seems hyper-repetitive but being able to put accents in different unpredictable spots while maintaining that robotic precision is beyond impressive.

I have respect for the Gorillaz and have no hate for Ska, but neither are my jam.

Ska is my jam but the gorillaz I could do without

A video from what is clearly a Brass popped up in my youtube feed.

She appears to have started her channel at the start of lockdown.

Is this a thing?

Have you ever listened to Streetlight Manifesto? One of my all time favorite bands. They get lumped in with ska but they're a category all their own.

Every single person in the band is so talented. The drummer is getting it, that bassist is slippery as hell and that horn section is incredible. Live? Get outta here, that horn section is fucking explosive. Brass bands make you feel like you're going to explode, that music just gets inside your very being.

Also give this a listen.

House band at this place called Howling Wolf on Thursdays (well.. used to be.) they're amazing live.

Man the food in that joint was on point too. Like a pound of Jambalaya for $12, and those crawfish pies. Motherfuuuucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back