War Room Lounge v166: It's the classical freedom FROM gussets vs freedom OF gussets conundrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL nothing special but a funny memory.

The first system we had was the first system ever. Atari Pong. Literally a box with two dials stuck on it and you could click through like 5 pong games. We then, after massive amounts of begging, got the Atari, the first real console. This was the day of the arcade game (lol) and we kept noticing that the arcades were always more suped up than the Atari home versions.

Then the intellevision came, it was a tiny bit more powerful but really sucked (strategy games zzzz). When the colecovision came (do my Kong and Zenith wow), we could see at the local video game store that it was light years ahead and more similar to the “arcades”.

My dad was a stock broker and in the last year bought some mining stocks for us to teach us about the market (we were like 10 at the time). They did nothing. So we asked dad, what was coleco selling for. $8 he says, buy coleco dad, it’s going to destroy everything. It went up to $60, split to $30 then went up to $60 and split again.

After about a year of having the coleco vision, it kept glitching out. And they had a post warranty pay $75 and get a replacement. After 2 replacements, the stock fell from 30 down to $25. Dad this stuff is junk, sell coleco.

By that time the video game crash of 83 was soon to follow and last we checked coleco was back at like $8 again. Dad BTFO on vid stocks.

That sounds like a good dad.

{<redford}

LOL nothing special but a funny memory.

The first system we had was the first system ever. Atari Pong. Literally a box with two dials stuck on it and you could click through like 5 pong games. We then, after massive amounts of begging, got the Atari, the first real console. This was the day of the arcade game (lol) and we kept noticing that the arcades were always more suped up than the Atari home versions.

Then the intellevision came, it was a tiny bit more powerful but really sucked (strategy games zzzz). When the colecovision came (do my Kong and Zenith wow), we could see at the local video game store that it was light years ahead and more similar to the “arcades”.

My dad was a stock broker and in the last year bought some mining stocks for us to teach us about the market (we were like 10 at the time). They did nothing. So we asked dad, what was coleco selling for. $8 he says, buy coleco dad, it’s going to destroy everything. It went up to $60, split to $30 then went up to $60 and split again.

After about a year of having the coleco vision, it kept glitching out. And they had a post warranty pay $75 and get a replacement. After 2 replacements, the stock fell from 30 down to $25. Dad this stuff is junk, sell coleco.

By that time the video game crash of 83 was soon to follow and last we checked coleco was back at like $8 again. Dad BTFO on vid stocks.
The neighbor kids and I Ended up having one of each. I had the 2600, but was always jealous of the kid with colecovision. Only games I remember now are Zaxxon and Pitfall. And Donkey Kong, of course.

@Falsedawn

uORVI9p.png

Aren't you my age? like 30? You must have been on steam since 2002. lol that is dedication.

What were your favorite N64 games?

For me, Golden Eye and Donkey Kong 64 as well as Ocarina of Time of course.

Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, the Gex games, there were so many good ones. It's so hard to pick. Hell, WWF: No Mercy, WCW vs NWO: Revenge, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 alone absorbed so many hours of my time.

My first system was an NES set with the Mario/Duck Hunt/Clay Shooting cart from Macy's in 1990. I think it was $130.

How do you spend $25,000 at Walmart?

They have the mobility scooters for shoppers like you, it's easy to relax and people will drop big bank just zipping around grabbing stuff.

Im pretty much a life long insomniac. I get pissed when i cant fall asleep so i just play til my eyes get heavy. Craft leveling in skyrim is a great pre bed activity. Going to a bandit fort and killing them rezzing them and killing them over and over again also works pretty well. Just busy enough to keep the mind from wandering and just bored enough to get tired.
I'm the opposite. I've been waking up as early as 5am since I was a teen.

They have the mobility scooters for shoppers like you, it's easy to relax and people will drop big bank just zipping around grabbing stuff.

Shopping at Walmart is the real crime. I personally hope the Walton family eats a giant ribbed dick with cheese on it.

Shopping at Walmart is the real crime. I personally hope the Walton family eats a giant ribbed dick with cheese on it.

Agreed. Walmart saps your soul and the employees look like they are one step away from climbing a ladder and hanging themselves in the home improvement aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back