War Room Lounge v151: Between drinking and burning, I don't need another vice in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 2 new pages since last night? slacking

now i have more time to read through the rest of the WR (goody!)

OK real talk. -4 F is only -20 C. It regularly gets that cold here in winter, usually for a month at most. Every 3 or 4 years we'll have "frostbite warning" conditions for several days, with temps literally blowing past -30 when you include the wind chill. Most of Quebec, including Quebec City though perhaps not Montreal so much, experiences harsher winters than we do here on the coast. But the cold is not even the worst part for me. I hate the severe lack of exposure to sunlight. In the winter, shorter days mean it's often the case that I get up when it's still dark and it's already dusk or full dark by the time I go home from work.

But that's what all the hot chicks are for. It does strongly encourage consumption of large quantities of booze, however, so there maybe a tradeoff in terms of your health but we're currently untainted by the plague so there's that.

There are a metric fuckton of artists here, lots of locally produced beef and seafood, not to mention all the great veggies you can get locally, along with perhaps the sweetest corn you will ever taste, fresh from the field. Hot chicks galore, and as diverse as you'll find anywhere, almost, not even counting the tourists, whenever they're allowed to come back. And it's really beautiful here. Every place is, maybe, but it has to be seen to be believed.

If you want to know what "the PEI" is lol try going to maps.google.com and entering Prince Edward Island. It's the jewel in the crown that is the Maritime Provinces, imho. But what you can't see from that is how great a recharge it can be to make a nest with a special someone for the winter.

Edit: By the way, since you mentioned chronic depression, it seems only sensible to remind you winters full of really short days and really long nights aren't the best prescription for someone prone to depression.
I'll check into it. I admittedly know nothing about it. You said it isn't that hard to get there as an American and that's appealing as hell.

As to the depressive stuff I like that kind of weath
That's not so bad temperature wise. A nice jacket and sweater should see you through comfortably.

As for the long nights in the winter, Montreal is only at 45 degrees north, so those aren't bad either. Edmonton is at 53, by comparison. That's a terrible, horrible place to live.
I'm an insomniac who thrives at night creatively so darkness isn't a major issue. Does it rain a lot in Quebec during the non snowy months? I like rain, it's what makes Portland so appealing.

For some reason I expect girls in Montreal to look like the girl in the Crystal Castles video.. plz tell me I'm right.

Also luckily my sleep schedule is now reset. I literally shit myself into a depressive episode yesterday and fell asleep super early. Woke up at like 3:30AM and now I should fall asleep at midnight tonight. About once a month this happens lol.

"only" -20°C

tenor.gif

Dude is a rookie. When he said "Antifa is an ideology not a movement it just means anti fascism" and the SS officer asks "do you agree with that" there were a plethora of options to get him to say something dumb.

balmy -20 C.
minus 5 degrees attire in the UK is gloves, hat, long johns, double t-shirt, double socks, hoody + coat, remove as needed if you're moving about. i have some insulated overalls and boots for standing around watching rally stages in the woods

minus 20 is unimaginable to me lol, do not want

minus 5 degrees attire in the UK is gloves, hat, long johns, double t-shirt, double socks, hoody + coat, remove as needed if you're moving about. i have some insulated overalls and boots for standing around watching rally stages in the woods

minus 20 is unimaginable to me lol, do not want

I was snowboarding once at minus 22. You do quickly realize that humans were not really made for these temperatures.

Legitimate question. How does your face not freeze?

You usually wear a scarf or a hood or something to that effect. Something that will trap the body heat around your face. Your legs mostly take care of themselves. It's your hands, head, and torso that need to be insulated.

Under a shocking new Trump administration policy, hundreds of people who came to the United States seeking asylum were secretly held in hotels for days on end before being expelled from the country, often with little or no paper trail. This includes more than 200 unaccompanied immigrant children — including babies and toddlers — who were taken to hotels near the Texas-Mexico border by a private contractor for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “The Trump administration has been just basically expelling them without due process and without any paper trail,” says Zenén Jaimes Pérez, advocacy director for the Texas Civil Rights Project.
All lives matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back