War Room Lounge v151: Between drinking and burning, I don't need another vice in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I just finished enduring a conversation where this 65-ish white woman explained to me that Floyd would've died anyway because of the drugs in his system and that cop on his neck was just coincidence. I thought she'd peaked with that but then she expounded on it by detailing how the slaves really didn't have it so bad.

Maybe some of them were abused, but most of them had a nice life. They lived longer than they would have had in Africa.

I think I might need off of this planet.
With all that being said I’m genuinely surprised she didn’t throw out the “Free boat ride” angle as well.

People need to stop training under Edmund

You live in the land that is often described as producing the best beer in the world, which is patently false.

And I don't want to spend the entire encounter arguing about beer with you.

This has been the shittiest week. My stomach has been in excruciating pain to the point I can only sleep a few hours a night, I hadn't pooped in like four days, and I thought if I kept eating it would push it all through and ate as much greasy food as possible thinking that would work.

I got a bunch of chocolate laxatives and it says to eat two but they didn't work so I kept eating them and now I'm pretty sure I committed a war crime against my toilet.

Lol if I can't get into Montreal I'll look at whatever the PEI is.

But hol' up. It gets colder than that there? I shiver when it's 40°F. I feel bad for laughing at people from cold countries who visit New Orleans in the Summer now.
OK real talk. -4 F is only -20 C. It regularly gets that cold here in winter, usually for a month at most. Every 3 or 4 years we'll have "frostbite warning" conditions for several days, with temps literally blowing past -30 when you include the wind chill. Most of Quebec, including Quebec City though perhaps not Montreal so much, experiences harsher winters than we do here on the coast. But the cold is not even the worst part for me. I hate the severe lack of exposure to sunlight. In the winter, shorter days mean it's often the case that I get up when it's still dark and it's already dusk or full dark by the time I go home from work.

But that's what all the hot chicks are for. It does strongly encourage consumption of large quantities of booze, however, so there maybe a tradeoff in terms of your health but we're currently untainted by the plague so there's that.

There are a metric fuckton of artists here, lots of locally produced beef and seafood, not to mention all the great veggies you can get locally, along with perhaps the sweetest corn you will ever taste, fresh from the field. Hot chicks galore, and as diverse as you'll find anywhere, almost, not even counting the tourists, whenever they're allowed to come back. And it's really beautiful here. Every place is, maybe, but it has to be seen to be believed.

If you want to know what "the PEI" is lol try going to maps.google.com and entering Prince Edward Island. It's the jewel in the crown that is the Maritime Provinces, imho. But what you can't see from that is how great a recharge it can be to make a nest with a special someone for the winter.

Edit: By the way, since you mentioned chronic depression, it seems only sensible to remind you winters full of really short days and really long nights aren't the best prescription for someone prone to depression.

Last edited:
You live in the land that is often described as producing the best beer in the world, which is patently false.

And I don't want to spend the entire encounter arguing about beer with you.
You just think I wouldn't be fun to be around!

Fact: I used to take cold baths as a child. Mother was always angered when she noticed I didn't add any warm water.

You just think I wouldn't be fun to be around!

Maybe.

Europeans are either boring or rowdy, and you don't strike me as the rowdy type.

OK real talk. -4 F is only -20 C. It regularly gets that cold here in winter, usually for a month at most. Every 3 or 4 years we'll have "frostbite warning" conditions for several days, with temps literally blowing past -30 when you include the wind chill. Most of Quebec, including Quebec City though perhaps not Montreal so much, experiences harsher winters than we do here on the coast. But the cold is not even the worst part for me. I hate the severe lack of exposure to sunlight. In the winter, shorter days mean it's often the case that I get up when it's still dark and it's already dusk or full dark by the time I go home from work.

But that's what all the hot chicks are for. It does strongly encourage consumption of large quantities of booze, however, so there maybe a tradeoff in terms of your health but we're currently untainted by the plague so there's that.

There are a metric fuckton of artists here, lots of locally produced beef and seafood, not to mention all the great veggies you can get locally, along with perhaps the sweetest corn you will ever taste, fresh from the field. Hot chicks galore, and as diverse as you'll find anywhere, almost, not even counting the tourists, whenever they're allowed to come back. And it's really beautiful here. Every place is, maybe, but it has to be seen to be believed.

If you want to know what "the PEI" is lol try going to maps.google.com and entering Prince Edward Island. It's the jewel in the crown that is the Maritime Provinces, imho. But what you can't see from that is how great a recharge it can be to make a nest with a special someone for the winter.

Edit: By the way, since you mentioned chronic depression, it seems only sensible to remind you winters full of really short days and really long nights aren't the best prescription for someone prone to depression.
As someone’s who’s grandparents are from New Brunswick and which I visited my entire childhood we will have to agree to disagree on the jewel of the maritimes.

Maybe.

Europeans are either boring or rowdy, and you don't strike me as the rowdy type.
The European cam model I'm watching is quite boring. Making money anyway.

As someone’s who’s grandparents are from New Brunswick and which I visited my entire childhood we will have to agree to disagree on the jewel of the maritimes.
As well we should, imo.

Though I'm right anyway.

<{clintugh}>
I think it's unusually cold if I'm uncomfortable in thongs, shorts and a t-shirt.
Which doesn't happen most years.

<{clintugh}>
I think it's unusually cold if I'm uncomfortable in thongs, shorts and a t-shirt.
Which doesn't happen most years.
Yeah, pretty much a suckload of suck for about 2 months out of the year. But the rest of it can be pretty spectacular and not so hot you feel like you've been dropped in a toaster.

LOL that's ok; I have just been venting, more or less. If the last couple of posts are too cryptic, disregard for now and at a more suitable time I will restate and elaborate.
It's alright man, you're in my top 5 to have a beer with regardless. Cheers.

Uh what?

SHERDOG SCORES
Jay Pettry scores the round: 9-9 (29-26 Munoz)
Tristen Critchfield scores the round: 9-9 (29-26 Munoz)
Tyler Treese scores the round: 9-9 (29-26 Munoz)

All three scored the first a 10-8.

THE OFFICIAL RESULT
Nate Maness def. Johnny Munoz via Unanimous Decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back