Wanderlei Silva sues Nevada State Athletic Commission for lifetime ban

Very interesting.

Though, if they lifted the ban, they could very well still never licence him again in nevada. Do they actually need a reason to deny licences or is it completely discretionary?

Not to sure but I doubt Wand wins anything. He admitted to being on illegal drugs, he ran away from the test, and now he's complaining about the punishment. Very small chance the court even takes him seriously. Especially because it's not a lifetime ban it's indefinite. If he would grow up and contact the NSAC he could probably find a way to get licensed again. He hasn't even tried to apply for another license. At the very least he should have kept on applying this whole time that way he can go to court and show that these people wont let him do his job.

Dana really buried him, sad. Shit like two years ago he was everyone's favorite

I for one never knew Dana white to be a hypocrite

I sincerely hope he wins...Despite the drugs, the guy is a legend who has sacrificed his body for our fighting entertainment for many years...

Dana really buried him, sad. Shit like two years ago he was everyone's favorite

How the hell is Dana to blame for this? lmfao, m god man. i understand he is very much disliked around here, but jesus, he didn't take the drugs, run from the test, miss commission meetings, and generally go a little bat shit crazy.

Wanderlei's track record with PED's is legendary, his money could be better spent in bringing new talent to the octagon; instead of him trying to get back into the cage.

Shoulda done this right off the bat rather than do 17 WWE promos on YouTube.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying pride was one of the most corrupt organizations in MMA, not even a legit comparison to the ufc.

If that were true exactly why would that mean Wanderlei shouldn't go after the NSAC and potentially the UFC for trying to stitch him up?

How the hell is Dana to blame for this? lmfao, m god man. i understand he is very much disliked around here, but jesus, he didn't take the drugs, run from the test, miss commission meetings, and generally go a little bat shit crazy.
Why didn't he do the same to say cheal sonnen? Or the numerous other fighters who failed

He still holds a grudge about the pride days... I know it's so unlike him to hold a grudge

I hope Wand wins!

Why didn't he do the same to say cheal sonnen? Or the numerous other fighters who failed

He still holds a grudge about the pride days... I know it's so unlike him to hold a grudge

You do realize it was the commission who banned Wand, not the UFC? Right?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying pride was one of the most corrupt organizations in MMA, not even a legit comparison to the ufc.

the point your making doesn't fit here.

it's being implied the ufc and nsac is in bed together.

it has nothing to do with pride

Goodman takes money from Silva and Diaz, he may be right on the NSAC overstepping but NO relief will be given for a variety of reasons he is probably well aware of but hasn't explained to his clients (at $800 an hour).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back