Wanderlei Silva sues Nevada State Athletic Commission for lifetime ban

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wanderlei Silva is suing the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), stating that they exceeded their authority when they fined him $70,000 and gave him a lifetime ban for running from a drug test.

ESPN made the following statement on the lawsuit: The lawsuit alleges the NSAC exceeded its jurisdiction on an unlicensed person, violated the licensing requirement, acted capriciously against Silva by imposing a "career-ending" ban and arbitrarily fined Silva based on an "imaginary purse."

Your thoughts?

Damn you TS! You beat me to it.

War WAND

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/2...ues-nevada-state-athletic-commission-mma-news

"The NSAC, like any other agency, is a 'creature' of statue and attempts to expand jurisdiction over subject matter not conferred by the legislature is without authority of the law and void. Here, the legislature clearly defined the NSAC's powers to 'issuing and revoking licenses.' Contrary to the wrongful action against [Silva], there exists no statutory authority, nor does the NSAC point to any, which allows it to expand its limited jurisdiction to include disciplining people who are not licensed by the agency," the lawsuit reads, as filed by Silva attorney Ross Goodman.

Good

Ufc and.nsac are both corrupt

He does have a case, there are more troubled fighters than him and all they paid was a lesser fine and no punishment.

I don't really care for Wand at this point but I hope he wins here.

The commissions are so fucking bad it's laughable.

Seems he actually has a legit case, good luck to him Athletic Commissions need a lot of work, and not just in this area

He needs to just fucking go away.

Is that a pun?

tuf-b-3.0_standard_730.0.jpg

They will just reinstate him and say sorry....we messed up....go to rehab for one day and all is forgiven.

I have a feeling he wouldn't have gotten pinched as hard if he'd just come clean. I kinda feel like he's still trying to deflect blame here, but oh well. Good luck to him I guess, NSAC aren't exactly great guys either.

When exactly did Wanderlei run Pride?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying pride was one of the most corrupt organizations in MMA, not even a legit comparison to the ufc.

Back