Wanderlei Silva sues Nevada State Athletic Commission for lifetime ban

Our labels founder always gets mad at people for fighting at shows. Justin sane, biggest hypocrite

I play metal myself (southern Down/CoC style) and we've been pretty lucky at shows. Few fist fights in the pit every now and then, but for the most part rockers always have a sense of respect for the bands, the bar, and the people at the shows. only takes one though to ruin an entire night.

Doubt anything comes of this as the ACs are usually left to decide their own shit, but it could happen.

I'm not going to defend refusing the test, but an indefinite (read: until he's too old to compete anymore) suspension seems ridiculously over the top for a first time offense. Even if you think this is worse than failing (and I do), they should put a reasonable date for the end of the suspension. 1-2 years on a first offense would have sent the message just fine.

Wand has been making an ass of himself, but he's still a legend and deserves better than this after 15+ years of passing every test asked of him. Before I hear about PRIDE, it's not his fault they didn't test and he's passed every test the NSAC or anyone else has ever given him. This is absolutely a first offense.

If he was still a draw, Zuffa would have his back.

Even though "listen we are the only sport sanctioned by the government" Zuffa has pull with nasc. Might be because they are basically the only consistent money maker

Diaz is a draw and the UFC didn't have his back.

Same with Reem.

Same with Sonnen.

Same with X fighter caught.

If Wand wins the consequence will be that fighters will be free to roid like motherfuckers up to the fight. They'll apply for a license just before the fight and then pass the fight night piss test. Excellent. War Wand, ra ra.

Wand definitely needed some sort of punishment for running from a drug test. They can't let him get away with that. It would set a bad precedent.

However, a lifetime ban? Damn! That's too much man. Suspend him for a good year, maybe 2 if you really want to stick it to him. A year or 2 without the ability to work your main job - fighting - really hurts. But once he's punished, give the guy the chance to not make the same mistake again. Let him come back and if he does it again than fine the crap out of him and suspend him for something crazy like 3 or 4 years. That would probably put a past-his-prime fighter like Wand into retirement.

But a lifetime ban? C'mon, that's ridiculous.

Life ban is crazy harsh, you're basically saying this guy can't make a living. He can't fight anywhere, he was going to sign with Bellator to do promotion work (not fight) but he's still under contract with the UFC so they wouldn't let him. I'm not say what he did was right by any means but life ban is too much.

He retired before they banned him.

I think when you have proof of deliberate abuse like that, it should result in something like a lifetime ban.

Either way, for me personally, I dont give a shit about him, it's not like he'll ever contend again, so banned or not I dont care.

the poster I was replying to is a pride fanboy/ufc hater, I was just bustin balls.

You were the only one hating, making connections that made no sense just to hate on Pride. Moreorless doesn't hate the UFC, he just doesn't like when people who know nothing about Pride talk about it(not saying you are one of them but there are tons on Sherdog and they generally hate on Pride and no nothing about it.)

If Wand wins the consequence will be that fighters will be free to roid like motherfuckers up to the fight. They'll apply for a license just before the fight and then pass the fight night piss test. Excellent. War Wand, ra ra.

Uwattt?

Brou um are always lost on the subject and to be clear most fighters are free to roid up like MTF! No wonder UFC has pulled out off random tests.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-sc...-weve-got-no-business-handling-the-regulation

The UFC won't release him from his contract even though they will never offer him a fight.

If he gets reinstated, they can offer him fights. Of course, he's also said he'd never fight for them again, so there's that.

Glad he's moving forward with this, and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

I hope he gets some justice.

He deserved to be suspended. While I agree the lifetime ban is unwarranted, getting justice is a little much, considering he ran from a test, then admitted he was on something.

Back