Wanderlei Silva sues Nevada State Athletic Commission for lifetime ban

I don't really care for Wand at this point but I hope he wins here.

The commissions are so fucking bad it's laughable.

this.

I don't care is he never wins again, as long as he wins this case. loved him in PRide, but the video segments were very disenchanting.

Wand had a fight scheduled, therefore he was under the NSAC's jurisdiction.
This probably won't end well for him.

But at the same time: meh, how much more damage could he possibly do to whatever's left of his career and legacy?

Amazing how Wanderlei still even has fans.

2gvo6me.jpg

Life ban is crazy harsh, you're basically saying this guy can't make a living. He can't fight anywhere, he was going to sign with Bellator to do promotion work (not fight) but he's still under contract with the UFC so they wouldn't let him. I'm not say what he did was right by any means but life ban is too much.

Wand had a fight scheduled, therefore he was under the NSAC's jurisdiction.
This probably won't end well for him.

so if the opponent has signed the contract for a fight being hyped, but wand has not signed any contract, is he truly under the jurisdiction of the nsac?

the point your making doesn't fit here.

it's being implied the ufc and nsac is in bed together.

it has nothing to do with pride

If he was still a draw, Zuffa would have his back.

Even though "listen we are the only sport sanctioned by the government" Zuffa has pull with nasc. Might be because they are basically the only consistent money maker

the poster I was replying to is a pride fanboy/ufc hater, I was just bustin balls.

Wand vs kimbo would be an awesome fight damn. Hope wand wins, I am not a fan of the NSAC.

Or cm punk gets signed to the biggest fight promotion...hey it can happen

I've said many times, I'm gonna tweet to Dana that I was a highly successful college wrestler AND my band has over 100k Facebook fans. We even headlined a huge festival that happened in cm punks home town

Shit, I beat up a straight edge kid before for knocking my class of Johnny walker out of my hand because "yr killing yrself with whiskey and smokes"

Or cm punk gets signed to the biggest fight promotion...hey it can happen

I've said many times, I'm gonna tweet to Dana that I was a highly successful college wrestler AND my band has over 100k Facebook fans. We even headlined a huge festival that happened in cm punks home town

But will anybody tune in to watch you fight?

Can't say I'm a fan on Wand's antics in general, but the NSAC is just so overwhelmingly incompetent, corrupt and seems immune to any and all accountability. I really hope Wand does some damage to them.

It's widely known ufc tried to sabotage pride real deal. Certain fights didn't get sanctioned yet kimbo vs houstan Alexander did

I think that Wandy should be suspended for a minimum of 2 years and likely longer...

I can't speak to the legal authority of all of these commissions and anti-doping agencies. In the long run, having them challenged is probably a good thing. I want strong anti-doping policies backed by legally defensible institutions.

In the world of pro-cycling, it has taken years and years to sort out a lot of the legal issues (although that was also complicated by having so many countries involved). However, that sport seems to have made a lot of progress. For example, Lance Armstrong originally tried to challenge USADA's legal authority, failed, and was banned.

Back