Media Volk - You dont deserve to be here, you're a drug cheat

To be fair, Ortega popped for testosterone in 2014 and served a suspension, then never failed another test. He's been through advanced testing with USADA for years now.

I think 7 years later, its pretty immaterial for Volk to say.

Volk was not getting drug tested for PEDS 7 years ago.

It's a more logically founded thing to say than "you're scared", and it's a decent response to being called "you're scared" because many people look at PED cheaters as fighters who were mentally weak and thus "scared" of something.

That he was 200+ lbs 5'6 guy?

Either way, I don't know how else to say it - he literally wasn't getting PEDS tested at all 7 years ago, what does he have to stand on?

Both guys have been in advanced testing year round protocol for 5 years straight, so both are presumed to be fighting clean.

Weight loss? C’mon bud.

I’m sure both are clean but that doesn’t negate the fact that Ortega has a history of cheating. Some people are cheaters. Some are not. Volk never had a positive test.

I guess I’m just confused by the “Volk MIGHT have been on steroids prior to his ufc career” counter to Ortega actually being on steroids.

It's a more logically founded thing to say than "you're scared", and it's a decent response to being called "you're scared" because many people look at PED cheaters as fighters who were mentally weak and thus scared of something.
Seriously.

The guy who beat Aldo and Max should be scared of Ortega?

Plus if youve been on PEDS,know its the first thing getting brought up soon as you talk shit.

Going after a guy for a +PED test is very low hanging fruit in this circumstance. Ortega served a suspension a long time ago, it only happened once, and with his explanation of what he was using it for and what drug it was it made sense. He made a bad decision, paid for it, and subsequently has been successful.

He isn't like many others who, I don't know...became a shell of their former self after USADA arrived (Hendricks, Weidman), popped multiple times (Silva, Jones), used and legitimately ABUSED TRT to have super human capabilities (Hendo, Chael, Vitor), or hid under cages or essentially fled the country, feigned not speaking English, etc. to avoid testing (Jones, Wandy).

On the continuum of people who have failed drug tests I think Ortega's in the "all right" category.

Weight loss? C’mon bud.

I’m sure both are clean but that doesn’t negate the fact that Ortega has a history of cheating. Some people are cheaters. Some are not. Volk never had a positive test.

I guess I’m just confused by the “Volk MIGHT have been on steroids prior to his ufc career” counter to Ortega actually being on steroids.

This is fair. But, the drug he used, by anything I can find by other users, makes sense to use to stay lean/lose weight while maintaining your muscle mass during a cut as oppose to using TRT for example to become the Hulk. I think, I'm not an expert.

Why shouldn't he what?

Out of curiosity, do you think the years that a 5'6" Volk spent at 200+ lbs playing rugby was from eating a lot of protein?

Its easy to talk shit about someone else failing a PEDS test back when you literally didn't have to take them. Its goofy.

This is the lack of evidence fallacy man. You're using lack of evidence to try suggest proof of something. There's a BIG difference between that and Ortega's case, which we obviously do have concrete evidence.

Last edited:
Well, volk isn’t wrong. Hopefully the drug cheat gets smoked…
Im not saying Ortega doesnt deserve to be there,but him using PEDS is something thats gonna get brought up if these two are gonna go at it with all the jaw jacking.

Many champions act like their opponents shouldnt dare think they can win. Its offensive to them.
Thats what fuels them and motivates them to put them out.

This is the lack of evidence fallacy man. You're using lack of evidence to try suggest proof of something. There's a BIG difference between than and Ortega's case, which we obviously do have concrete evidence.

To be clear, that wasn't my initial point, that jabroni straight up asked me 'what would you even have to be suspicious of' and I answered it directly.

I don't have a problem saying I think its at least possible, as a guess at face value, that someone Volk's size and frame was 220lbs of jacked playing rugby at 5'6"

Either way they have both tested clean for 5 years in USADA, so it seems kind of ridiculous he's bringing up a 7 year old suspension when he himself wasn't even being tested.

Weight loss? C’mon bud.

Volk LITERALLY was not being tested when Ortega failed. So it seems weird to bring up a 7 year old suspension.

Real question - do you think Volk was clean when he was 220lbs of muscle at 5'6" playing rugby? Do you think most of the folks taking part in global MMA that are not being tested are clean?

To be clear, that wasn't my initial point, that jabroni straight up asked me 'what would you even have to be suspicious of' and I answered it directly.

I don't have a problem saying I think its at least possible, as a guess at face value, that someone Volk's size and frame was 220lbs of jacked playing rugby at 5'6"

Either way they have both tested clean for 5 years in USADA, so it seems kind of ridiculous he's bringing up a 7 year old suspension when he himself wasn't even being tested.

I mean, it's technically possible for any fighter to have been taking PEDs before they were in an organization that tested them, (and even in organizations that test them). That doesn't make it abolish the scrutiny of those who test positive. It just seemed a bit like reaching for straws in regards to a counter point. Volk definitely wasn't jacked at that weight by the way. He had a lot of fluff on him, certainly some good muscle as well, but a lot of fluff.

I mean, it's technically possible for any fighter to have been taking PEDs before they were in an organization that tested them

Let me stop you there. Not any fighter - a guy who was jacked out of his mind at 220lbs with a 5'6" frame. The featherweight champion who debuted in MMA at MIDDLEWEIGHT.

Taking what we know from those two things in context, yes, its "technically possible."

That doesn't make it abolish the scrutiny of those who test positive. It just seemed a bit like reaching for straws in regards to a counter point. Volk definitely wasn't jacked at that weight by the way. He had a lot of fluff on him, certainly some good muscle as well, but a lot of fluff.

Fair enough! I think we each said what there is to say...

Fortunately both Volk and Ortega have been under USADA protocol for 5 years with randomized advanced testing. We know Ortega was being tested in 2014, but Volk was not. Seems like one makes more sense to focus on than the other.

Let me stop you there. Not any fighter - a guy who was jacked out of his mind at 220lbs with a 5'6" frame. The featherweight champion who debuted in MMA at MIDDLEWEIGHT.

Taking what we know from those two things in context, yes, its "technically possible."

Fair enough! I think we each said what there is to say...

Fortunately both Volk and Ortega have been under USADA protocol for 5 years with randomized advanced testing. We know Ortega was being tested in 2014, but Volk was not. Seems like one makes more sense to focus on than the other.

I'll tell you what's not in the realms of possibility, though: A clean ortega for life. That's still a possibility for Volk, though ;)

Brian looks like he could be in Andre Fili’s rap group with that outfit.

I’d also take steroids if i had a skinny fat milk body like him.

I'll tell you what's not in the realms of possibility, though: A clean ortega for life. That's still a possibility for Volk, though ;)

Frankly that entire Black House camp was dirty.

You may recall Anderson Silva, Kevin Casey, Feijao and Ortega all popped for the same PED drostanolone. That cannot be a coincidence.

For his part, Ortega was a 22 year old signed to the UFC that fell in with a bad crowd. He grew up in a section 8 housing project in San Pedro and likely didn't have the right kind of mentors around.

Seems like testing clean for 7 years and 5 consecutive under USADA speaks well to who he became, at least in my point of view.

Volk LITERALLY was not being tested when Ortega failed. So it seems weird to bring up a 7 year old suspension.

Real question - do you think Volk was clean when he was 220lbs of muscle at 5'6" playing rugby? Do you think most of the folks taking part in global MMA that are not being tested are clean?

I don’t know. No one does. That’s my point, Ortega is a convicted dope cheat. Anything about Volk is speculation with zero evidence beyond “weight loss.” It is not difficult to bulk to 200 lbs when you’re 5’ 6” nor is it difficult to shed it.

Frankly that entire Black House camp was dirty.

You may recall Anderson Silva, Kevin Casey, Feijao and Ortega all popped for the same PED drostanolone. That cannot be a coincidence.

For his part, Ortega was a 22 year old signed to the UFC that fell in with a bad crowd. He grew up in a section 8 housing project in San Pedro and likely didn't have the right kind of mentors around.

Seems like testing clean for 7 years and 5 consecutive under USADA speaks well to who he became, at least in my point of view.
So Ortega,just a young guy falling in with a bad crowd,and the straight villainous Volkanovski the guy we should all assume who was juiced to the tits in rugby,picking on the poor Ortega? lol

Alexander is ready to go to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

5e05d02b9344c0b2a0245443a9c8eaaa--alexander--alexander-the-great.jpg

So Ortega,just a young guy falling in with a bad crowd,and the straight villainous Volkanovski the guy we should all assume who was juiced to the tits in rugby,picking on the poor Ortega? lol

Yes if you want to describe it like a jackass.

Cheers !

But the use of PEDS did help his fight record, which in turn did help him advance. So sayiing he doesn't deserve to be here, might sound like a stretch, but also has a little truth to it. Who knows how his PED use might have hurt the careers of the people he fought during that time. Maybe one of them would have advanced to the point where they could fight for a title.

You're too level-headed for Sherbro.

Back