Media Volk - You dont deserve to be here, you're a drug cheat

To be fair, Ortega popped for testosterone in 2014 and served a suspension, then never failed another test. He's been through advanced testing with USADA for years now.

I think 7 years later, its pretty immaterial for Volk to say.

Volk was not getting drug tested for PEDS 7 years ago.
At what point did it become irrelevant? After the suspension? After 5 years?
It is relevant and always remember popping once =/= having used once.

im not saying Brian is still using , but we cannot just sweep it under the rug. This is an inconvenient truth for Brian, but the truth non the less.

To be fair, Ortega popped for testosterone in 2014 and served a suspension, then never failed another test. He's been through advanced testing with USADA for years now.

A lot of studies show the benefit you get from abusing PEDS lasts a long time after you stop, as in, decades. They make permanent changes to your body. As a cheater he'll always have an asterisk next to his name.

im not saying Brian is still using , but we cannot just sweep it under the rug. This is an inconvenient truth for Brian, but the truth non the less.
Its something people are going to bring up forever. Thats part of the price you pay.

A lot of studies show the benefit you get from abusing PEDS lasts a long time after you stop, as in, decades. They make permanent changes to your body. As a cheater he'll always have an asterisk next to his name.

Absolutely, no doubt about it.

Volk wasn't being tested for steroids at all 7 years ago when Brian was suspended. We have no idea what he was or wasn't on. That is my point.

Agreed - I'm adding the context that Volk was not being PEDS tested at all back in 2014. We have no idea if he was on PEDS or not, so its weird for him to bring up Brian's 7 year old suspension, when he wasn't even being tested at all.

They've both now spent 5 years in an extensive PEDS testing protocol.

That is not a good point imo.

Yeah, good thinking. Its most likely everyone in global MMA not getting tested for PEDS just aren't doing them.

Makes sense!

Volk literally wasn't being drug tested in 2014 when Ortega was. He could have been on all the sauce.

Its a pretty moot point then right?

They've both been under random advanced testing with USADA for 5 years. They both got to the title clean from what we know.

What do you have to go off of that would lead you to believe Volk is or was dirty? If he was dirty I would find it very unlikely for him to get clean and beat Aldo, max, mendes etc after needing juice to compete in the farm leagues.

again, Ortega popped. Volk didn’t. It’s as black and white as it gets.

True but I don't care. Ped should be allowed because it also promotes healing and recovery. It's just like anything that can be abused.

"If Volk wasnt tested for them,he was surely on them! He cant talk!"

"7 years ago, when Volk wasn't getting tested for PEDS, he surely wasn't on them"

It is moronic.

They have both been in an extensive, random, year-round USADA testing pool for FIVE YEARS. Both of them should be presumed clean. Its ridiculous that Volk wasn't even being tested 7 years ago, but complaining about someone else.

Was he 200lbs 5'6" eating a lot of oatmeal? Maybe, maybe not. What do you think?

i like how Volk said he didn't want to make it public and saved it to tell him to his face in person. that's a real one.
He knows he will be face to face with him so he was able to wait with his comments. Others may never run into the person face to face so they get the message out in other ways. It's all the same as long as people stand by what they say and don't back track and act like they didn't say it or mean it like that. Like Artem making public comments about Khabib and then backtracking when Khabib pressed him in person.

What do you have to go off of that would lead you to believe Volk is or was dirty? If he was dirty I would find it very unlikely for him to get clean and beat Aldo, max, mendes etc after needing juice to compete in the farm leagues.

again, Ortega popped. Volk didn’t. It’s as black and white as it gets.

That he was 200+ lbs 5'6 guy?

Either way, I don't know how else to say it - he literally wasn't getting PEDS tested at all 7 years ago, what does he have to stand on?

Both guys have been in advanced testing year round protocol for 5 years straight, so both are presumed to be fighting clean.

"7 years ago, when Volk wasn't getting tested for PEDS, he surely wasn't on them"

It is moronic.

They have both been in an extensive, random, year-round USADA testing pool for FIVE YEARS. Both of them should be presumed clean. Its ridiculous that Volk wasn't even being tested 7 years ago, but complaining about someone else.

Was he 200lbs 5'6" eating a lot of oatmeal? Maybe, maybe not. What do you think?
Why shouldnt he? He's fighting someone he doesnt like,and who got caught cheating. Sounds pretty normal to me,to bring it up.

Why shouldnt he? He's fighting someone he doesnt like,and who got caught cheating. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Why shouldn't he what?

Out of curiosity, do you think the years that a 5'6" Volk spent at 200+ lbs playing rugby was from eating a lot of protein?

Its easy to talk shit about someone else failing a PEDS test back when you literally didn't have to take them. Its goofy.

Why shouldn't he what?

Out of curiosity, do you think the years that a 5'6" Volk spent at 200+ lbs playing rugby was from eating a lot of protein?

Its easy to talk shit about someone else failing a PEDS test back when you literally didn't have to take them. Its goofy.
No reason to suspect Volk about anything.

not true, rugby players get tested more than ufc fighters

Back