Media Volk - You dont deserve to be here, you're a drug cheat

That's fair. Still, Volk told him to his face and said something incendiary after Ortega told him he was scared. Win or lose, he was definitely not scared, lol.
I do quite like a Main Event with a bit of added SPICE to it and now we have it with these two.
Volk is a typical Aussie -- easygoing and pretty relaxed....but I have never seen him so aggro'd up as during the presser. He plainly has no time for Ortega and it's a real thing. Ortega was kinda shrugging his shoulders and "whatever bro".

this card on Saturday is looking great, and this final fight will be quite intense. Volk said he is looking for a finish. Just hope he can keep it on the feet cos Ortega is plain dangerous to tangle with much on the ground.

To be fair, Ortega popped for testosterone in 2014 and served a suspension, then never failed another test. He's been through advanced testing with USADA for years now.

I think 7 years later, its pretty immaterial for Volk to say.

Volk was not getting drug tested for PEDS 7 years ago.
But the use of PEDS did help his fight record, which in turn did help him advance. So sayiing he doesn't deserve to be here, might sound like a stretch, but also has a little truth to it. Who knows how his PED use might have hurt the careers of the people he fought during that time. Maybe one of them would have advanced to the point where they could fight for a title.

I don't think it's what you are saying here but just to be clear:
It's not fighter bashing to keep talking about it when he was caught and admitted to it and served a suspension for it.

I say that because there was no fighter bashing going on in the thread before you said not to do it. And with the mod-tag by your name, you have influence. I get your perspective (try to nip the problem in the bud because you've seen it go there all too many times) but, it can also have the effect of killing a discussion that is both legitimate and relevant. He knowingly broke the rules to get an edge. That speaks volumes about his integrity and raises questions about what else he may be doing that he wasn't caught for. Those are legitimate questions and a conversation that I think we all should care about if you care about the sport's legitimacy.

If people mention him popping it isn't bashing but people get carried away and start taking the hate in other directions. I was just trying to get ahead of it. It's possible to discuss this quote, what happened in the past and even your dislike for Ortega and not pile on with the bashing or going overboard.

All that said, you make valid points.

To be fair, Ortega popped for testosterone in 2014 and served a suspension, then never failed another test. He's been through advanced testing with USADA for years now.

maybe he's one of those people who think if you pop once you should be banned for life, which is why he still brings it up.

I do quite like a Main Event with a bit of added SPICE to it and now we have it with these two.
Volk is a typical Aussie -- easygoing and pretty relaxed....but I have never seen him so aggro'd up as during the presser. He plainly has no time for Ortega and it's a real thing. Ortega was kinda shrugging his shoulders and "whatever bro".

this card on Saturday is looking great, and this final fight will be quite intense. Volk said he is looking for a finish. Just hope he can keep it on the feet cos Ortega is plain dangerous to tangle with much on the ground.

No need to play with fire on the ground. Volk has incredible cardio. He needs to push the pace but not be reckless. I believe he's more skilled but Ortega has more avenues to a finish, imo.

not really. Steroid busts last for all eternity in every sport. It’s a stain that does not come out. MMA is one of the harshest as far as fan base judgement for pissing hot goes. No one forgets PED busts and no one should. It’s shameful especially in a sport where the objective is beating your opponent into unconsciousness or submission.

I like Volk,I feel like he did get under Ortega's skin with it.

Looking at the UFC embedded where they show volk in his amateur fighting days and even in his rugby days he has a massive chest and biceps which is how he was 100+kg or whatever he was at his height. I like volk but he looked suss back then for PEDs so hard to take him calling out low T city seriously.

Looking at the UFC embedded where they show volk in his amateur fighting days and even in his rugby days he has a massive chest and biceps which is how he was 100+kg or whatever he was at his height. I like volk but he looked suss back then for PEDs so hard to take him calling out low T city seriously.
Not really. Whatever he did in rugby doesnt matter in MMA. Just speculative fairy tales wishlist on your part.

No need to play with fire on the ground. Volk has incredible cardio. He needs to push the pace but not be reckless. I believe he's more skilled but Ortega has more avenues to a finish, imo.
Its a great matchup. We all know Ortega is tough as hell. I was so glad when the ref stopped it before the 5th with Holloway though.... that was getting bad. Worse than Kattar imo.

I had it 3-2 Max, but no way in hell can anyone give Max three of those rounds and I do understand a 4-1 score.
I think 3-2 Max is reasonable too but there's 0 case for him winning rds 1-3
Are you saying 3-2 Max in the second fight and Volk winning the first fight 3-2/4-1? It's just strange to both of you saying "Max 3-2 but can't give Max 3 rounds." in the same sentence, lol

not really. Steroid busts last for all eternity in every sport. It’s a stain that does not come out. MMA is one of the harshest as far as fan base judgement for pissing hot goes. No one forgets PED busts and no one should. It’s shameful especially in a sport where the objective is beating your opponent into unconsciousness or submission.

Fair enough, my point is he is criticizing him for a failed test he served a suspension for 7 years ago.

At the time, what prevented Volk from being on steroids? It was before he was being tested at all.

Both guys have been under comprehensive, random, advanced testing under USADA protocol for the last 5 years. Both have gotten to the title presumed clean.

he doesn't deserve to be there because he's a drug cheat AND because he's on a 1 fight win streak after getting his soul took by the guy Volk beat twice.
The guy volk kind of beat 2x.

But the use of PEDS did help his fight record, which in turn did help him advance. So sayiing he doesn't deserve to be here, might sound like a stretch, but also has a little truth to it. Who knows how his PED use might have hurt the careers of the people he fought during that time. Maybe one of them would have advanced to the point where they could fight for a title.

Volk was not being tested for PEDS 7 years ago when Brian failed his test. What reasoning is there that Volk was clean?

What we do know is for the last 5 years, both guys have gone comprehensive, randomized testing under USADA, and they have both been clean.

Back