Volk is finished. Topuria stops him

Meh he took this fight for the payday, he physically looked like crap compared to his usual physique and he had zero time to prepare and also looked like shit in the cage. I guess $$$ was more to Volk than winning this fight.

Topuria beats him for sure but there is a difference between fighting diddy 5'6 skinny guys and someone that is 175lbs on fight night.

Volk bit off more than he could chew, he was dominated in the first fight despite every advantage, no surprise he was put to sleep here.

Its very likely, that finish was brutal and could have mess up anybody but Volk is a killer and a alpha, I doubt it does happen but I won't be surprised if it does

Volkanovski is 35. He's the only guy ever to defend or win a title at his age at either 145 and 155. He's obviously on the slide. Fight history says so. Thing is, I think he's got enough in the tank to still beat Topuria.

Before this fight I would’ve favored him against Topuria, but now I’m not sure I trust him to come back from that in 3 months.

This was almost very similar to his early KO loss where he was fighting at like Welterweight (which a fully rehydrated Islam basically is lol).

He just can’t deal with kicks and clinch knees from far bigger and stronger dudes, which at feighterweight is non-existent (Yair has the technique but not the strength or fight IQ).

Well Topuria will be the 1st legit contender he'll face. Something like a 7 fight win streak going into the title fight.

Both Ortega and Korean Zombie but were on a whopping 1 fight win streak. Yair strung together 2 wins before facing Volk.

As someone who was picking Ilia anyway it'll be annoying if he doesn't get full credit if he now pulls it off.

Volk absolutely shouldn't fight in January though, he just got his lights put out at a higher weight. Now having to cut weight on top of not fully recovering is an awful idea

Wasn't even a KO what are u talking about lmao
TKO isn't a KO..... did you even watch the fight?

I mean he didn’t even attempt to defend or move after he dropped and his head was bouncing around. Call it a brutal TKO if that makes you feel better, it was nasty.

This is why boxers never challenge themselves. People are too drawn into the whole undefeated garbage. Dude just took a fight against the champ in the weight class above on 10 days notice. Like anyone ever wouldn't lose this one.

full camp wouldnt have saved him from the head kick. regardless, he signed up and told the fans he could win in 3 by stoppage. and he got smoked early by a grappler

I think it's too soon to say Volk is washed out. But topuria isn't a walk in the park and hits hard. We'll see what happens but I lean towards topuria.

Before this fight I would’ve favored him against Topuria, but now I’m not sure I trust him to come back from that in 3 months.

This was almost very similar to his early KO loss where he was fighting at like Welterweight (which a fully rehydrated Islam basically is lol).

He just can’t deal with kicks and clinch knees from far bigger and stronger dudes, which at feighterweight is non-existent (Yair has the technique but not the strength or fight IQ).

He should not come back in January. I still think he'll win, but he needs some time. Knockouts diminish a fighter in some form and at 35, he needs time.

If anything he'll probably train like a motherfucker and come out stronger than before at his correct weight class. But the damage to his legacy has been done and that will haunt him forever.

If he shows up like that he'll lose 2 title fights in a row.

He was never good lets be real here!

Robbed max twice, beat out of prime max,aldo, mendes. Never fought the best in the division such as Conor or Jake Paul.

Back