Media Volk: I’m gonna teach Ilia a lesson

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Starting around 25:40.

Volk joined a little known podcast (79 subscribers lol) and had some really spicy things to say about Ilia, seems like he really doesn’t like him. Can’t wait for this fight.

Paraphrased summary of what Volk said:

-ilia thinks he’s the man
-I earn everything, this guy gets things given to him
-I get to teach a kid a lesson
-I think he’s delusional, he thinks he can do whatever he wants to the top fighters
-he hasn’t proven anything against the top guys
-he wants to act like how he’s acting, I’m gonna teach him a lesson
-he thinks because he knocks out gym partners that means something (ilia posts stuff on socials with him knocking guys in the gym down with body shots)

Last edited:
This is my most anticipated fight. I've got Ilia by (T)KO.

Volk is the man. But I'm getting Garbrandt vs Dom flashbacks here. Topuria has FAST hands, is a great wrestler, and has some real power. Volk may be able to drag him into the later rounds and break him, but age and getting KO'd so recently are bad omens for him in this fight.

Tough ass match but I'm hoping Volk pulls this one out or else trouble times might be ahead.

No one is beating Volk to a decision

It's really not out of the realm of possibility. It's MMA FFS, we've seen so much weird shit in the past couple of years, like Strickland decisioning Izzy for example. Let's also not forget that Max arguably should have gotten the decision win in their second fight.

Anyway, I'm a huge Volk fan and have been backing him since the Mendez fight, but I can't shake the feeling that this might be it for him. He's getting up there in age and that head kick from Islam was vicious. I hope he proves me wrong because I can't stand Illia. Volk should definitely attack the legs since Illia seems to be heavy footed.

Volk seems a bit different since the KO, his vibe / energy looks a bit flat.

K.O. plus 35 is a bitch.

Unfortunately, I see Topuria taking him out, 4th round TKO.

Volk seems a bit different since the KO, his vibe / energy looks a bit flat.
True, but “El Matador” has been talking smack and being disrespectful for months. Volk has had time to regroup from surgery, life, and his last fight. Getting his strength back with good nutrition and a full camp in was a must. Hammering leg kicks and hitting takedowns should be the key to Volk punishing him and keeping his title.

Volk did a lot of talking before his last fight. I guess he didn’t learn his lesson.

When is this fight? Seems too soon, I think Volk will lose because of it.

Back