News Vitor Petrino VS Anthony Smith at UFC 301

I missed the Fight Night, but wasn't Petrino kinda horrible?

Anthony, come on man.

Hey the man is getting ANOTHER main card PPV fight after his recent run - this is more proof the UFC “did him a solid” for not taking a DQ vs Jon Jones.

I mean as if his commentary and podcast aren’t bad enough, the man is guaranteed Fight Night Events or PPV main cards no matter how bad his run of form is. So I can at least respect the grift.

He’s still getting ground into chum for what little name value has left, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

I missed the Fight Night, but wasn't Petrino kinda horrible?
He won easily. The guys he was fighting against him did all he could to avoid the fight.

I think Smith is too shot at this point.. but this used to be the type of fights where he derails someone.

Smith is terrible …. Petrino wins for sure … and finishes if he actually fights aggressive

Petrino looked flat against Pedro who was a guy he should’ve finished.
Smith held his own against Rountree and even had success in the fight, he also just beat Ryan Spann who’s just as physical as Petrino.

I wouldn’t hold my breath but I think Smith can win the rangy striking battle and avoid the power here for a decision. As long as Smith doesn’t look like he did against Walker he should have the tools here.

Smith already think of deluded equivocations as we speak for after the fight.
"Had I not lost, I would have won, and he knows it."
Viptor by TKO in under two rounds.

Last edited:
Petrino looked flat against Pedro who was a guy he should’ve finished.
Smith held his own against Rountree and even had success in the fight, he also just beat Ryan Spann who’s just as physical as Petrino.

I wouldn’t hold my breath but I think Smith can win the rangy striking battle and avoid the power here for a decision. As long as Smith doesn’t look like he did against Walker he should have the tools here.
Spann cost me $900 on a parlay that fight, doofus.

Smith looked terrible against rountree in their fight, the only reason he wasn’t finished is becuase rountree also looked terrible

Petrino doesn’t look like anything special skill wise, i thought he pretty clearly lost the 2nd round to Tyson Pedro who immediately retired afterwards

But he does throw leg kicks which smith is terrible at taking, and he’s fast and strong

Petrino by ko/tko

Back