International Virus outbreak in China (and elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ok to not be cultured. Not a lot of people get the chance to see the world with an open mind.
Ive only been to 20 countries give to take. I’m sure you could lecture human rights organizations about how much more awesomer China done is than they say

Ive only been to 20 countries give to take. I’m sure you could lecture human rights organizations about how much more awesomer China done is than they say

I’m not here to defend the Chinese government just that there a bunch of places in the world worse than China in regards to a bunch of shit. By hell-holing China you lump them in with worse countries, just saying.

I’m not here to defend the Chinese government just that there a bunch of places in the world worse than China in regards to a bunch of shit. By hell-holing China you lump them in with worse countries, just saying.
Better than Iran and Saudi Arabia? Man that is an elite club

The truth is that if you are going to have a virus outbreak, you want it in a authoritarian country with few legal rights.

You guys ever been to an open air Chinese market where they sell exotic meat and live animals? I spent a couple months in Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shanghai when I was younger. I am surprised they're not having viral outbreaks every other week given how nasty those places are.

This pic below is typical example. Flies are everywhere with the ground often wet. Meat products and animals exposed in open air without refrigeration. Sadly, this place is actually quite hygienic by Chinese standards.

Chinese_market_Taipei.JPG

Anytime high population density, unsanitary conditions and exotic game meats are mixed, you have potential for disaster. This outbreak could get bad, since it's near Chinese new years where 1/3 of the country is traveling via plane or train to reunite with families.

Last edited:
Anyone seen any numbers on rate of infection, or mortality rate?

>200 infected, 9 dead.
That's pretty much a regular Flu mortality rate.
Weaksauce imo.

German Virus experts pretty much said so as well.
Just another media hypejob, just like bird and swine flu,Pharma companies made billions with those "vaccines"

Is President Trump fault for that radical virus. Orange man bad.

@cincymma79
Boujee bitches maybe.

I spent years in parts of China you've never heard of and its much better than actual hell holes like Saudi or India.

Spent a year in the Weizhou Island, a year in inner Mongolia, a year in Panjin (North East) and a year in Karamay (Far Far West China). I enjoyed all of the places but Karamay, as the beds sucked.

You spent any time in the Uyghur "re-education camps"?

I'm sure Nazi Germany was swell for some people too.

My old man went to Saudi Arabia and didn't exactly see "hell" either. Not for a Westerner anyway. Lot of money being invested in that country, lot of stuff being built. Different for the locals, I suppose.

Does this look like hell?

OPN_190412-_Riyadh_at_night_gener_Saudi_Arabi_resources1_16a4505bba1_large.jpg

Not on the surface. But that's just the surface. What you don't see are the people being beheaded for apostasy, government critics being assassinated, people's liberties being repressed by religious zealots and government enforcers.

Much like you've never seen the people being put into re-education camps, executed on the spot, arrested for criticizing the regime in China, with government propaganda being constantly shoved down their throats.

If any country in the West did half of what China is doing to its own population, they would be called out for being Nazis, worst human rights abusers since WW2. Yet here we are with people maintaining that China isn't that bad because the beds were warm and the food was nice.

All you've seen is what they want you to see, nothing more.

Last edited:
A normal one , not one developed in a poison mind .
My in-laws are from China, mother in law from Hong Kong , father in-law from the main land , lots of family from both , my father in law is no fan of the Chinese government but to call the entire country a hell hole is just ignorant.

My wife teaches at a not for profit international school ( one of the United world colleges ) and has taught students from all economic backgrounds , we were house parents for years and got to live with some of these kids so I have a much better picture of what life is like in China than you could ever hope to have .

But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your hate.
It depends on the metric used to rationalize calling it a "hell-hole" . It is a hell-hole , if you are Uighur or Tibetan or part of some minority that is monitored and persecuted by the government. It is a hell-hole if the constant surveilance, social credit system and all-round dystopian and totalitarian nature of the government's control over peopel is the primary metric. If instead the most important metric to a person is infrastrucure, manufacturing industry and economy, relatively peacefull regular life, then it isn't a hell-hole.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...at-china-virus-market-rats-and-live-wolf-pups

Previous pandemic SARS was linked to civets, and yet they are still selling / consuming civets at markets like this.

Wuhan virus: Rats and live wolf pups on the menu at China food market linked to virus outbreak

SHANGHAI (AFP) - The food market where China's deadly virus surfaced was a smorgasbord of exotic wildlife ranging from wolf pups to species linked to previous pandemics such as civets, according to vendor information and a Chinese media report.

Dr Walzer said 70 per cent of all new infectious diseases come from wildlife, with habitat encroachment increasing the chances of pathogens spreading.

"Wildlife markets offer a unique opportunity for viruses to spill over from wildlife hosts," he said.

It depends on the metric used to rationalize calling it a "hell-hole" . It is a hell-hole , if you are Uighur or Tibetan or part of some minority that is monitored and persecuted by the government. It is a hell-hole if the constant surveilance, social credit system and all-round dystopian and totalitarian nature of the government's control over peopel is the primary metric. If instead the most important metric to a person is infrastrucure, manufacturing industry and economy, relatively peacefull regular life, then it isn't a hell-hole.
Daily life for the vast majority of the population of China is decent which imo is the only logical metric to use if you want to label the entire country a hell hole .

You spent any time in the Uyghur "re-education camps"?

I'm sure Nazi Germany was swell for some people too.

My old man went to Saudi Arabia and didn't exactly see "hell" either. Not for a Westerner anyway. Lot of money being invested in that country, lot of stuff being built. Different for the locals, I suppose.

Does this look like hell?

OPN_190412-_Riyadh_at_night_gener_Saudi_Arabi_resources1_16a4505bba1_large.jpg

Not on the surface. But that's just the surface. What you don't see are the people being beheaded for apostasy, government critics being assassinated, people's liberties being repressed by religious zealots and government enforcers.

Much like you've never seen the people being put into re-education camps, executed on the spot, arrested for criticizing the regime in China, with government propaganda being constantly shoved down their throats.

If any country in the West did half of what China is doing to its own population, they would be called out for being Nazis, worst human rights abusers since WW2. Yet here we are with people maintaining that China isn't that bad because the beds were warm and the food was nice.

All you've seen is what they want you to see, nothing more.

What was this (the reason)? executed on the spot

"The former Director of the State Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China Zheng Xiaoyu was executed in an execution van on July 10, 2007, for corruption. Zheng tried to appeal the sentence, but the court ruled that he was a "great danger" to the country and its reputation."

Lead paint toys or tainted baby formula or what? What happened about then?
What about the equivalent our our HHS director or FDA head executed for some occurrence? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back