International Virus outbreak in China (and elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A normal one , not one developed in a poison mind .
My in-laws are from China, mother in law from Hong Kong , father in-law from the main land , lots of family from both , my father in law is no fan of the Chinese government but to call the entire country a hell hole is just ignorant.

My wife teaches at a not for profit international school ( one of the United world colleges ) and has taught students from all economic backgrounds , we were house parents for years and got to live with some of these kids so I have a much better picture of what life is like in China than you could ever hope to have .

But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your hate.
I think it’s fair to call it a hell-hole when you’re constantly being monitored 24/7.

Yeah, many regions are prosperous but you can’t even speak your mind and have facial recognition technology on every corner and your internet usage is being monitored and you have no rights

Rule of law is non-existent and probably half the population lives in the polluted cities of Northern China.

Oh it's got it's it's problems , never said it was paradise , you called it a hell hole which is moronic period .
Ok
Let me know when you move there
It’s ducking terrible
Just because you can get a Cinnabon on a couple streets doesn’t negate that

sounds like a good case for immediate quarantine

Madagascar has closed its borders.

Madagascar has closed its borders.
xgRBYjA.jpg

How bad was sars, really? 774 deaths seems like not that much for the amount of people exposed to it?

774 deaths with 8000 people infected isn’t significant?

you realize there are around 18,000,000 cases of the flu in the us alone with around 7000 deaths. I’m no math whiz but one of those viruses has the potential to be far more disastrous.

Seems like it was contained pretty effectively.

Well 'contained' does not mean the virus was not a huge threat.

I have not vetted the math but if what Dober4 offers above is a rough guide, it looks like almost 10% of people who got SARS died. Whereas with the flu it is about 0.038%.

That is a big difference and threat if correct.

For some people it is a hell hole.
@cincymma79
Boujee bitches maybe.

I spent years in parts of China you've never heard of and its much better than actual hell holes like Saudi or India.

Spent a year in the Weizhou Island, a year in inner Mongolia, a year in Panjin (North East) and a year in Karamay (Far Far West China). I enjoyed all of the places but Karamay, as the beds sucked.

@cincymma79
Boujee bitches maybe.

I spent years in parts of China you've never heard of and its much better than actual hell holes like Saudi or India.

Spent a year in the Weizhou Island, a year in inner Mongolia, a year in Panjin (North East) and a year in Karamay (Far Far West China). I enjoyed all of the places but Karamay, as the beds sucked.
Always someone with this idiocy
But I wasn’t forced to abort my daughter and my whole family exterminated
It’s great

Always someone with this idiocy
But I wasn’t forced to abort my daughter and my whole family exterminated
It’s great

So anything not like the US is a hell hole now. I'm sure someone from China could find people in the US wanting abortions to be considered a hell hole. Great argument chief, you fucking showed me.

So anything not like the US is a hell hole now. I'm sure someone from China could find people in the US wanting abortions to be considered a hell hole. Great argument chief, you fucking showed me.
First sentence dead giveaway this convo is a waste of time

@cincymma79
Boujee bitches maybe.

He dismissed me because my knowledge is " second hand " ( Chinese Canadian wife of thirty years , Chinese in-laws and extended family , lived for years under the same roof as young people from various parts of China ) and dismisses your first hand experience in various parts of China cause reasons .

Dudes lost

No one is saying China is perfect , far from it , but calling it Hell Hole is asinine .

Was yo' hands people...

First Case Of New Coronavirus Detected In U.S.

"The first case of an infection with a new coronavirus has been discovered in the U.S. A person traveling from Wuhan, China, to Washington state was diagnosed with pneumonia last week. Subsequent tests showed that the person has the virus, which can cause pneumonia. In severe cases the coronavirus can lead to death. The case was detected prior to the implementation of screening at three U.S. airports last Friday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce details at a press conference this afternoon.

About 300 cases of the virus and six deaths have been reported in China, and health officials there and around the world are ramping up precautions to stem the spread."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...paign=breaking-news&utm_id=2529183&orgid=1012

If you think you're sick, stay home and go to the doctor. You're not helping by "toughing it out" and getting everyone at work sick.

Seems like the semi annual press virus fear write ups. I guess we are do for another disease break out worry. I guess overall each year there are 100s of outbreaks of unknown cause. Little comes from them, and little is written about them. At least that is what I've read. I'm guessing this will be another one of those events, short lived but lots written about. I guess lots of money can be made with these outbreaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back