Video of Cain Velasquez Tearing his ACL 14 Days Prior to JDS Fight

how are all you morons really trying to say "the first fight doesnt prove anything it was a flash ko".....oh ok then lets give werdum, gonzaga, struve, yvel, mir rematches cuz dos santos didnt prove anything by stopping them all with flash ko's..cigano proved he only needs to stuff one td and land that big shot on cain, and he will do it again.

Doesn't matter who was injured and who wasn't. All I know is that Cain is going send Junior back to Brazil in a body bag! WORD!!!

Oh I heard JDS torn 3 of those, might as well tear another one in the weigh-in.

the fact that Cigano had a torn MCL and was still able to stuff the takedowns is pretty impressive

That's gotta be the worst feeling. You could see it on Cain's face. Only 14 days out from your biggest fight and then that happens..

how are all you morons really trying to say "the first fight doesnt prove anything it was a flash ko".....oh ok then lets give werdum, gonzaga, struve, yvel, mir rematches cuz dos santos didnt prove anything by stopping them all with flash ko's..cigano proved he only needs to stuff one td and land that big shot on cain, and he will do it again.

Let's listen to what KingCain has to say first, so we can compare both objective opinions and come to an educated decision.

i think the first fight is fairly irrelevant. it just told us that if you stand with jds you are in danger. everyone already knew that. if anything it solidified how important cains gameplan needs to be for the rematch

its kind of crazy to say but after all these fights i still feel like we dont really know how good JDS take down defense is and we dont really know how good his ground game is. cain is the only legit wrestler jds has fought and he didnt even get a chance to shoot.

jds might stuff cain and ko him again but imo he hasnt shown us anything inside the ufc that demonstrates it yet

i have cain via better cardio in the rematch

what did the first fight demonstrate then?

Listen I've had acl reconstructive surgery. 2 things I can say #1 there is no coming back 100% from that type of injury. Im close to 6 years from my surgery and even as I sit here I feel the noticable tingling in my knee and Im only 25 now. I was 19 when I tore it! Young.. which probably helps in recovery.

After fully healed from surgery: Running speed? The same in a straight line. Knee gets inflammed and swollen when I run. Change of direction? Hampered. Fear of instability when making hard cuts or putting weight on my leg. Sometimes you "tweak it" and you feel some pain when you put too much weight on it or your cutting at a hard angle. I also have problems throwing kicks with my leg because I feel the knee is unstable and the g-force from throwing the leg hard makes me cautious of re-injury so I never throws kicks anymore in training except low kicks and never full speed.

Its a serious injury. As to fighting through an injury like that? Extremely reckless. I wasn't able to put my weight on my leg for 4-5 days after injury. That means no walking AT ALL and if attempted you will buckle on your first step. Once I was able to put weight on my knee, my knee would slip out of socket constantly. For instance I would just be walking and my knee would dislocate (thats what the ACL does, it keeps your knee in position from dislocation). I would just fall to the floor.

How can someone fight an MMA fight with a torn ACL? I have no clue.. extreme risk. If the knee dislocates you could very well do career ending damage to the remaining ligaments and your meniscus. Wrestling? Good luck putting full weight driving through a double leg with a torn ACL. Movement? Forget it.. you would have to plod your way around the octagon being careful with each step not to dislocate your knee.

If Cain did have a torn ACL it would explain a lot as far as why we didn't see his wrestling and why he wanted to keep it on his feet. I just cant honostly believe he acctually fought through the injury. Perhaps he just sprained his acl? Not a full tear? I done believe it could be done.. you would be insane to fight through that.

If what is being said is true and Cain fought through this hes damn lucky he didnt end up doing further injury to that knee. What coems to mind is Culpepper in the NFL who tore 4 ligaments all at once. Career ending stuff. If your knee doesnt have structural integrity your just asking the rest of those ligaments to snap when your knee slips out of place the next time.

Last edited:
My question is why was Velasquez drilling takedown defense?

Cannot wait to see Cain get that belt back and fight Overeem.

That's a dream fight right there.

what did the first fight demonstrate then?

It demonstrated that JDS is an excellent striker with the power to finish Cain Velasquez. Thats the long and short of it. But we knew this!

As for what happens if Cain goes to his strength with the wrestling and ground and pound? Absolutely nothing. We saw no sign of it in the first fight.

It proved a lot of what we already knew. JDS is a great striker. JDS has power. JDS is obviously an excellent fighter but what if he has no answer for Cain's strength which is wrestling and ground and pound?

I know your probably a huge JDS fan but I have to go with Velasquez here.. hes just too much for JDS in the rematch. You probably don't fully grasp how talented Velasquez really is. I wouldn't bat an eye if Cain goes in and takes JDS down and turns him into a bloody mess.

The guy can go 5 rounds without slowing down.. he has elite cardio, wrestling, and ground and pound. If you think a rematch with a guy like that is simply show up and land another bomb and catch the flight back home you got another thing coming. Velasquez will be on JDS from start to finish and hes not going to give him space. NOW there is the question.

We've never seen JDS on his back and we've really never seen JDS take a serious takedown attempt. I just can't assume hes excellent at these things.. and he would have to be to defeat Cain in the rematch.

the fact that Cigano had a torn MCL and was still able to stuff the takedowns is pretty impressive

I dont even remember a takedown attempt in that fight let alone JDS's whole career but that would be impressive if it happened.

As for a torn MCL an MCL is the padding between the bones in your knee.. not as vital as an ACL which holds the knee in place. An MCL would certainly bring a lot of discomfort and its own set of problems but nothing like an ACL.

People hear all these abbreviations and probably cant discern from the 2 but an ACL and MCL acctually are quite different in recovery time and actual bodily function. I can see fighting past a torn MCL. Fighting past a torn ACL is insane though.

Whats the excuse going to be this time?

Cannot wait to see Cain get that belt back and fight Overeem.

That's a dream fight right there.

Agree that would be an awesome fight, but JDS vs. Overeem is the fight that NEEDS to happen. I don't care whether it's a title fight or a 3 rounder. I just wanna see this fight happen soon. This trumps all other possible match ups in MMA, for me personally.

When I read the title, I thought that Cain had retorn his acl.

Why the fuck would you scare me like that?

Back