Version 2 - Paris shooting at Charlie Hebdo and not everyone is Charlie.

It's amazing that so many people will equate the criticism of an IDEA (like Islam, but it could just as well be Christianity of the Republican Party for all it matters) with the criticism of a group of PEOPLE.

'Those cartoons were no different than the ones done by Neo-Nazis about the Jews/KKK about blacks/ect.'

How does such terrible reasoning survive?

Anyways, anyone have any favourite conspiracy theories so far? I've managed to deduce from a variety of sources who assure me they are in possession of the truth that this was actually planned by Marxist Leftists assisted by Right Wing military industrialists to ensure Europe keeps it's borders open for immigration to keep wages low to make munitions used in the next war that this is going to get us into, which will be the war that sees us all put under a police state ruled by one small group of people who have been planning this for centuries or greater. Probably the Jews.

I enjoyed this post.

'Those cartoons were no different than the ones done by Neo-Nazis about the Jews/KKK about blacks/ect.'

People who use that excuse should be told that not being able to criticize Islam and Muhammed is like being told one can't criticize the Nazis, KKK, American Imperialism,European colonialism,Japanese war time atrocities etc..

Religion should be criticized. I've never understood the taboo on people getting criticized for their religious beliefs whereas every other belief is fair game.

It's only really Islam which you're not supposed to criticize.
Christianity is fair fame.
Scientology, which is no more ridiculous than any other religon, too.

The reason criticizing Islam is frowned upon is due to the interference of all the do-gooders who like to publically pat themselves on the back.

It's only really Islam which you're not supposed to criticize.
Christianity is fair fame.
Scientology, which is no more ridiculous than any other religon, too.

The reason criticizing Islam is frowned upon is due to the interference of all the do-gooders who like to publically pat themselves on the back.

You're right, but people get more uppity about religion (even Christianity, Scientology etc) than pretty much anything else. That needs to change.

You're right, but people get more uppity about religion (even Christianity, Scientology etc) than pretty much anything else. That needs to change.

I think race and sexuality are things people get way more uppity about, because religion is seen as a bit of a joke to anyone who isn't religious. Apart from Islam, we're meant to respect that and if we don't we're racist/bigoted/ignorant.

Obviously genuine racism and homophobia should be argued against all the time, but people blow everything up about those two issues even when it's not warranted.

I think race and sexuality are things people get way more uppity about, because religion is seen as a bit of a joke to anyone who isn't religious. Apart from Islam, we're meant to respect that and if we don't we're racist/bigoted/ignorant.

Obviously genuine racism and homophobia should be argued against all the time, but people blow everything up about those two issues even when it's not warranted.

You can't really compare religion to race, or even sexuality though as race and sexuality can't be changed. Religion is just a belief.

Huffpo has plastered the new Charlie Hebdo cartoon on its homepage. Got to give them credit for not pussying out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Meanwhile Daily Mail hasn't, just odd that.

Soo many Western media while claiming to be Charlie are deliberately not featuring the cartoons of Muhammed. A lot of this current support for Charlie is hollow and insincere.

While many world leaders took part in the protest, the US didn't.

Very bad of the Obama admin to not send any high level official to be there. Just inexcusable and all round shitty decision.

Jon Stewart skewers Obama on this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/jon-stewart-obama-paris_n_6461022.html

And they are giving bull shit reasons, I understand Obama getting there may have been a problem but Biden or Kerry should have had their ass there.

Or even Boehner or McConnell, somebody should have been there besides a lobbyist with a political appointment.

Way to step and be counted U.S.A.

Divided loyalties. Not surprising really. I don't see why Muslims would be loyal to France above their loyalty to their faith and people.

Which is why they are a fifth column.

spanish government supporting the protests for freedom of speech in France while at home they pass the anti freedom of speech "citizen security law". hilariously hypocritical.

It's amazing that so many people will equate the criticism of an IDEA (like Islam, but it could just as well be Christianity of the Republican Party for all it matters) with the criticism of a group of PEOPLE.

Anyways, anyone have any favourite conspiracy theories so far? I've managed to deduce from a variety of sources who assure me they are in possession of the truth that this was actually planned by Marxist Leftists assisted by Right Wing military industrialists to ensure Europe keeps it's borders open for immigration to keep wages low to make munitions used in the next war that this is going to get us into, which will be the war that sees us all put under a police state ruled by one small group of people who have been planning this for centuries or greater. Probably the Jews.

This has to be some of the dumbest and most far-fetched idiocy I have ever read.

Who cares if they didn't send a high level government person to the Paris rally? Let Europe deal with their own problems.

Back