Usman on Masvidal: He's become everything he said he wouldn't be, everything he fought against.

Jorge's +190 on Bovada

Anyone who wants to make money will take him. I'd give Usman a 10% chance of winning.

Jorge baptized Darren Till who was ranked #1.
You mean Till who had just lost his first fight via KO against Woodley in his previous fight?
Yeah, sorry if I am not calling him GOAT over that.

There's also the fact he lost his previous TWO fights, so he was 2-2 when he fought for this made up belt against a journeyman LW.... not that impressive if you ask me.

Not saying he sucks, but you are the one throwing stones when you clearly live in a glass house

You mean Till who had just lost his first fight via KO against Woodley in his previous fight?
Yeah, sorry if I am not calling him GOAT over that.

There's also the fact he lost his previous TWO fights, so he was 2-2 when he fought for this made up belt against a journeyman LW.... not that impressive if you ask me.

Not saying he sucks, but you are the one throwing stones when you clearly live in a glass house
Till didnt get kod by woodley..
And askren was ranked higher than anybody edwards beat aswell.

Till didnt get kod by woodley..
And askren was ranked higher than anybody edwards beat aswell.
yeah, sorry.
He got dropped then ate more elbows, incurring more damage than if he was KO'd.
You actually made it worse. ;)

WTF with this outfit ?
He looks like a poor man's/budget Rocky in Rocky 5 when he is actually broke...

yeah, sorry.
He got dropped then ate more elbows, incurring more damage than if he was KO'd.
You actually made it worse. ;)
I simply pointed out two false statements you made, dont get too emotional.

I simply pointed out two false statements you made, dont get too emotional.
kid, you pointed one mistake. The other one is an asinine and irrelevant point you attempted to made.
I thought it was best to ignore, since we both know he won that fight by sheer luck.

he was still 2-2 in his last 4 when he fought a guy from a division below his for a made-up belt.

You still got nothing.

kid, you pointed one mistake. The other one is an asinine and irrelevant point you attempted to made.
I thought it was best to ignore, since we both know he won that fight by sheer luck.

he was still 2-2 in his last 4 when he fought a guy from a division below his for a made-up belt.

You still got nothing.
Yea sheer luck whys that because you say so?despite him drilling the same knee right before the fight? Stay in your lane because its clear you know nothing about combat other than from a spectators standpoint (and even then ehm you dont have your facts straight)
Till and askren are better wins then anyone edwards has beat regardless of how some kid on the internet thinks it was “lucky”

@Shaddows i find it funny you try n discredit masvidal saying diaz is a journeyman at lw, despite arguably one of edwards best wins at 170 is rda, a guy who just lost a to a real journeyman at 170 in cheisa.
The same cheisa that masvidal subbed.

Who else has edwars beat tuemnov (solid win) nelson, and cowboy (who already got kod by masvidal?)

seems like you have nothing

Yea sheer luck whys that because you say so?despite him drilling the same knee right before the fight? Stay in your lane because its clear you know nothing about combat other than from a spectators standpoint (and even then ehm you dont have your facts straight)
Till and askren are better wins then anyone edwards has beat regardless of how some kid on the internet thinks it was “lucky”
It actually shows you are the one projecting your own insecurities, kid.

It is a lucky shot because almost no one would go for a takedown in the first second of the fight rendering his run a lucky one.

@Shaddows i find it funny you try n discredit masvidal saying diaz is a journeyman at lw, despite arguably one of edwards best wins at 170 is rda, a guy who just lost a to a real journeyman at 170 in cheisa.
The same cheisa that masvidal subbed.

Who else has edwars beat tuemnov (solid win) nelson, and cowboy (who already got kod by masvidal?)

seems like you have nothing
seems like you are desperately relying on MMAth.
And we both know MMAth does not work.

I am not discrediting Masvidal. I am merely not making his "amazing 2-2 run" something worth of a title shot.

That's not discrediting anything. It is actually having some common sense.

It actually shows you are the one projecting your own insecurities, kid.

It is a lucky shot because almost no one would go for a takedown in the first second of the fight rendering his run a lucky one.
Almost no one? Have you ever seen an askren fight he shoots anytime he doesn’t feel comfortable, masvidal ran towards him made him react, and guess what askrens reaction is? Dive for the legs.
It actually proves its not luck, so class is dismissed for that lesson on to the next.

Im not using mma math that would be me saying that masvidal beats edwards based on him beating cowboy more impressively.
Im saying masvidals has wins against higher ranked opponents, and that put him ahead of edwards.

yes we know masvidal lost a split to maia, and got outstruck by wonderboy, but leon has never fought anybody of that caliber yet, unless you think rda that just got beat by a “journeyman lw” as you like to say is up there with till.

Almost no one? Have you ever seen an askren fight he shoots anytime he doesn’t feel comfortable, masvidal ran towards him made him react, and guess what askrens reaction is? Dive for the legs.
It actually proves its not luck, so class is dismissed for that lesson on to the next.

Im not using mma math that would be me saying that masvidal beats edwards based on him beating cowboy more impressively.
Im saying masvidals has wins against higher ranked opponents, and that put him ahead of edwards.

yes we know masvidal lost a split to maia, and got outstruck by wonderboy, but leon has never fought anybody of that caliber yet, unless you think rda that just got beat by a “journeyman lw” as you like to say is up there with till.

Again, you seem to lack some logic here.
The fact he LOST to higher ranked fighters is meaningless. He lost.
If I were to fight Fedor, GSP, Silva and Jon jones and lost them all would not put me above Masvidal.

And as for the dive, even Ben said it was a mistake to do that. He should have started, jabbed a bit and gone for the takedown later.
The fact it was the first thing off the bell shows it was a fluke.
Masvidal gambled and it paid. But that is tno skill, just some lucky shot that happens once in a lifetime.

Again, you seem to lack some logic here.
The fact he LOST to higher ranked fighters is meaningless. He lost.
If I were to fight Fedor, GSP, Silva and Jon jones and lost them all would not put me above Masvidal.

And as for the dive, even Ben said it was a mistake to do that. He should have started, jabbed a bit and gone for the takedown later.
The fact it was the first thing off the bell shows it was a fluke.
Masvidal gambled and it paid. But that is tno skill, just some lucky shot that happens once in a lifetime.
The fact he fought higher ranked fighters is relevant because after losing to those higher ranked fighters he also beat higher ranked fighters.
So all around masvidals last five fights
Diaz (just beat pettis who kod thompson)
Askren(higher ranked than anyone edwards beat)
Till (again higher ranked than anyone edwards has beat.
Maia- subbed one of edwards best wins (nelson)
Thompson-edwards has fought no one with that caliber of striking.

just incase you didnt know strength of schedule matters, is leon beats tyrone he will definitely be ahead of jorge but its already too late.

Beating guys outside of the top 5 is not as good as beating two guy by ko inside the top 5 welcome to mma

yes im sure askren said that in hindsight doesnt change the fact he gameplanned to open with that knee and it landed, it was calculated not luck.

Some of you are trying way too hard with this "Masvidal's talkin too much" bullshit. You're not cool, fuck off

I heard that hat came with a free bowl of soup

JoyfulBlondArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

a lot of salt in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back