Usman on Masvidal: He's become everything he said he wouldn't be, everything he fought against.

Maybe it’s true but Mas has earned it a bit by winning the BMF title, which is a made-up belt so...hmm...

He's trying to market himself because more fans = more money. Unfortunately, he probably hasn't talked with someone in PR/image consulting about what image he should be aiming for (or is realistic for him).
Yeah it's a necessary these days since Conor showed the way. Not so sure it's a good thing tho. The fighters definitely deserve the money, sad it took so long for someone like Conor to break the bs system they had. Its kinds like pro wrasslin outside the cage now. Even sometimes in it whith all the kids and family man stuff they put on espn to make it more main stream I would guess.

Usman is annoying AF, but he's right, Jorge's gimmick is shit.

What the hell is Usman talking about?

This guy just starts talking and thinks he makes sense, but doesn't know where he's going with it.

he's talking about Masvidal, who used to trash fighters for taking the that gimmicky persona to get some attention, doing the same thing for the same reason.

It wasn't hard to decipher.

Yeah, unpopular opinion and I'll get hate for this but Masvidal has been talking way too much lately. I mean I get it but at the same time, he despised that about Askren and preached it constantly.

I was saying this for a long time. It wasn't just Askren. It's been ever since the 3-piece and a soda shtick. I always liked Jorge as a fighter but bought in to his crap about how he didn't like all the social media BS and trash talking that infests MMA. He figured out he could make money off it so he's become exactly what he criticized.

I actually don't care if people want to act like douchebags to make money. Just don't criticize something then turn around and do the exact same thing when it suits you. There's a word for people like that. Hypocrites.

He's not wrong. Masvidal is 1 more win away from wearing sunglasses indoors.

Usman is right, and headed down the same path.

I'm gonna laugh when this guy is ripping at his shirt acting mad, doing nothing, during his next promotional stage.

I expect, once he realizes his actual value, versus his expectations of being a UFC champion, he's going to what he has to do, to get the attention necessary for "money fights".

Last edited:
Hate to say it.....
But he’s right on this one.
Mas been getting a little too big for his britches lately. I think his overconfidence against his last couple of not top ranked opponents has got him feeling himself a little too much.

having said that, Marty sucks and is bad in his own right, I would hate to see him win.

I have nothing against Usman and what he is attempting to say.
I can even agree (to a degree) with him.

but he is one dressed with the funny hat, big chain on his neck claiming he is just a "normal guy" while talking about how other guy is getting dressed? I mean, is he completely oblivious to his own changes???

I don't who you hang around out but I can tell personally in the African Community especially among first generation Americans in the US his outfit is pretty normal. I dress like that.

You are reaching.

I don't who you hang around out but I can tell personally in the African Community especially among first generation Americans in the US his outfit is pretty normal. I dress like that.

You are reaching.
Sorry, kid.
But are you Usman? because the point here is that HE didn't dress like that before.
Only now that he became the champion, he is taking more care about his appearance.
But I think you are just a little too defensive of him, for I meant no disrespect.

Like I said, this is the exact thing he is blaming Masvidal for... and while I do think he has a point, he is also changing.

But change is natural, especially after you conquer a belt in the UFC.
With it comes money, notoriety and it is only natural that if you have more money and you are now being recognized in the streets, you start looking at your appearance and take better care of yourself.

To not change would be much harder.

"He's become everything he said he wouldn't be, everything he fought against."

Like What? Being Successful?

Snoozeman is trying really hard to convince people he has personality but its not working you are a boring fuck still.

Back