Usman on Masvidal: He's become everything he said he wouldn't be, everything he fought against.

The fact he fought higher ranked fighters is relevant because after losing to those higher ranked fighters he also beat higher ranked fighters.
So all around masvidals last five fights
Diaz (just beat pettis who kod thompson)
Askren(higher ranked than anyone edwards beat)
Till (again higher ranked than anyone edwards has beat.
Maia- subbed one of edwards best wins (nelson)
Thompson-edwards has fought no one with that caliber of striking.

just incase you didnt know strength of schedule matters, is leon beats tyrone he will definitely be ahead of jorge but its already too late.

Beating guys outside of the top 5 is not as good as beating two guy by ko inside the top 5 welcome to mma

yes im sure askren said that in hindsight doesnt change the fact he gameplanned to open with that knee and it landed, it was calculated not luck.
I see a lot of justifications and MMAth... all dumb excuses.

Masvidal Lost two straight.
Then he beat a guy who had just lost BADLY for the first time in his career.
Then he beat one guy with a lucky shot.
Then he beat a LW.

Masvidal did not beat any top ranked fighter. Not anything to prop him to a top contender. He got that because he won a made up belt.

You are just reaching.

He had just lost to the champ, so what?

RDA has a .50 record since going to WW.

No one said he is GOAT, just that he is more deserving than Edwards you strawmanning fuck.
awww so cute when kids get angry.
You just know they have no argument, so they start cursing, like it will somehow validate their argument.

Besides, your asinine argument about leon is just wrong.

RDA was a top 5 fighter.
Cerrone was a top 5 fighter.
Gunnar Nelson is a solid veteran who was coming of a good win over Alex Oliveira and was 17-3 before meeting Leon

Sorry kid, but claiming Masvidal's record is better because he LOST to higher ranking fighters is as asinine as if I would claim Leon lost to the highest ranked fighter either one of them faced: The champ.

I see a lot of justifications and MMAth... all dumb excuses.

Masvidal Lost two straight.
Then he beat a guy who had just lost BADLY for the first time in his career.
Then he beat one guy with a lucky shot.
Then he beat a LW.

Masvidal did not beat any top ranked fighter. Not anything to prop him to a top contender. He got that because he won a made up belt.

You are just reaching.
He beat no top contender except till and askren two guys ranked higher at the time then anyone edwards has beat, theres no need to be delusional and not accept reality.
Your post is contradictory, he kod the guy who just fought for the belt yet you say “never beat a top contender”
The facts are masvidal has two top wins above anyone edwards has beat.

btw cerrone was not top 5 at welterweight when he fought edwards, and you use that as a claim yet masvidal already kod cerrone before he even fought edwards lmao you’re reaching and thats become clear

both till and masvidal already kod cerrone before edwards decisioned him, but you ignore that to try and make up some false narrative of cerrone being top 5 at the time.

get your facts straight

Last edited:
He's right, but it's just business. Jorge has bills to pay and kids to put through college.

He beat no top contender except till and askren two guys ranked higher at the time then anyone edwards has beat, theres no need to be delusional and not accept reality.
Your post is contradictory, he kod the guy who just fought for the belt yet you say “never beat a top contender”
The facts are masvidal has two top wins above anyone edwards has beat.

btw cerrone was not top 5 at welterweight when he fought edwards, and you use that as a claim yet masvidal already kod cerrone before he even fought edwards lmao you’re reaching and thats become clear

both till and masvidal already kod cerrone before edwards decisioned him, but you ignore that to try and make up some false narrative of cerrone being top 5 at the time.

get your facts straight
You are the only one refusing reality, kid.

First you claim that losing to higher ranking opponents should count.
When I noted leon lost to the current champion, you now try to claim Ben was higher ranked... based on what if he just moved to the UFC and had one controversial win over Robbie...
robbie that lost to RDA, a guy you are trying to shit on...

So please spare me of your bullshit, kid.
You Are trying too hard to pick and choose, and is proven wrong at every corner.

I would tyell you to get your facts straight, but you got none.

The only FACT here is that Masvidal was 2-2 and then fought a lightweight journeyman.
Leon has been fighting his own weight and has 8 wins.
8 as in 8-0 in his last 8 fights, not 3-2 with one being for a made up belt.

You are the only one refusing reality, kid.

First you claim that losing to higher ranking opponents should count.
When I noted leon lost to the current champion, you now try to claim Ben was higher ranked... based on what if he just moved to the UFC and had one controversial win over Robbie...
robbie that lost to RDA, a guy you are trying to shit on...

So please spare me of your bullshit, kid.
You Are trying too hard to pick and choose, and is proven wrong at every corner.

I would tyell you to get your facts straight, but you got none.

The only FACT here is that Masvidal was 2-2 and then fought a lightweight journeyman.
Leon has been fighting his own weight and has 8 wins.
8 as in 8-0 in his last 8 fights, not 3-2 with one being for a made up belt.
8-0 against lower ranked competition thats a fact.
I love how you completely ignore the other fact that you said masvidal hasnt beaten any top contenders, so what do you call the guy who just fought for the belt moron?
You’re soo contradictory it’s hilarious, facts are leon has zero top 5 wins, another funny thing is you tried to say cowboy was a top 5 guy, lmfao after he got kod by masvidal and till he was top 5?
You try n say the diaz fight isn’t worthy cause hes a lightweight, well what the fuck is cerrone and dos anjos moron? Arguably the two best wins on leons streak?
Like i said get your facts straight

also please quotes where i said losing to higher ranked opponents “count” i said jorges two losses are from guys higher ranked then leon has ever fought (besides usman) who he lost too.
A 8 fight win streak outside the top 5 isn’t better than two wins against a two top 5 guys.. especially by ko like i said welcome to mma, strength of schedule matters.

Last edited:
He is not wrong. At this point if i saw Masvidal in a tutu skimping around to get a money fight, i would not be surprised.

he's talking about Masvidal, who used to trash fighters for taking the that gimmicky persona to get some attention, doing the same thing for the same reason.

It wasn't hard to decipher.
It was merely an emotional outburst designed to convey unwillingness to listen to reason.

He wasn't looking for a real answer, lol. Just letting us know that HE would not make any sense of what he didn't want to hear.

He is not wrong. At this point if i saw Masvidal in a tutu skimping around to get a money fight, i would not be surprised.
I like Mas but the housecoat was a low point for him. Looked like a straight clown.

So it's hard to argue with Usman on this one. He is speaking facts.

Back