User Submitted Techniques

Step 5.

Once you have secured the Achilies Ankle lock go ahead and stretch him. Since you are accros from him and not equally parallel he will feel more pain on his right foot.
Photo018.jpg

Step 6.
From here you can switch to a Heel hook, but i think this is too dangerous since there is pressure on the knee already. Be carefull with this shit...
wwwww.jpg

uuuuu.jpg

pppppp.jpg

eeeeee.jpg

Then simply arch BACK, lick a bridge.....

Again...this is DANGEROUS. I myself wouldnt try this on my partners.

my guns turn me on......

EDIT* I forgot to remind you that, that technique is a double submission.

Resendiz Bicep Slicer

Damn i just thought about naming my techs. If they sounds gay, then name them what you want.

Step 1.
Opponent locks his hands and i hook with my RIGHT hand ONLY.
BicepSlicer001.jpg

BicepSlicer003.jpg

Step 2.
Now i use my LEFT foot to push on his elbow. THEN i lean my body weight forward. (Notice my left ahnd isnt doing anything YET.)
BicepSlicer004.jpg

BicepSlicer005.jpg

Step 3.
Now that i have leaned forward, i will get my RIGHT foot through his hands (look at the pic)
BicepSlicer006.jpg

Step 4.
With my left hand i GRAB my right foot and pull it back OVER and BEHIND my knee.
BicepSlicer007.jpg

BicepSlicer008.jpg

Step 5.
Now that my right foot is LOCKED ontop of my left knee, i will now REACH UNDER my left leg and grab my opponents wrist. Now your probably thinking, "these are too many steps" your right there alot, but if any time he decides to unlock his hands the armbar is still there.
BicepSlicer009.jpg

BicepSlicer010.jpg

Heres another angle...
BicepSlicer011.jpg

Now the final step...
With my right hand I LOOP it under my right calf. Look at the pic i never putt my right arm out.
BicepSlicer012.jpg

BicepSlicer013.jpg

Then just lean back AND with my grip i pull down. Its really painfull...
BicepSlicer014.jpg

im one sexy beast.

Again ill remind you, take your time becase if he unlocks his grip you can always apply the armbar, itsthere the whole time.

Hey Boogie B, I tried your Rack omoplata variation and found that when my opponent blocked my shin to his throat with his free hand, it was ineffective and went for a straight omoplata that I actually got the tap out with. Have you thought of an alternative variation for if the person blocks me securing the figure four with my shin to his throat?

1BadMammajamma,

Yes, I have landed it. There are MANY ways to set it up, the most common of which is when the opponent postures in your triangle. I think the 'yeah, but who would let you do that?' thinking applies to most moves before you see them on someone live, no? Thanks for the feedback, though. Stephan will have a clip of me using it in training shortly.

Superbeast,

If you look at the clip, my foot doesn't go into his throat - it goes into his armpit. This is the main difference between the rack and a similar move Garcia shows. In the armpit, he can't reach it. In the neck he can. I used to bring my foot out so I triangle my legs, which would make it easy for him to grab the foot (in which case, switch to east meets west), so, as in the video, i started using my hand to pull my foot under my knee, into the triangle. This keeps your other foot safe the whole time.

Thanks to the new software I can finally take care of this thread easily, so if anyone feels inspired please please please post new techniques.

Mirada, would it be cheating to post step by step photos of techniques from seminars?

Hell no. The more techniques in here the better.

Please post.

Armlock from scarfhold.

1. From a scarfhold, have one hand grabbing their far shoulder from underneath. Grip the tricep just above the elbow on the arm you are keeping by your side. These grips are very important to set up the submission.

2. Turn your hips and pass your foot to their far shoulder. Grab your own foot using the hand you were using to hold their shoulder. This should straighten their arm a little over the side of your hip. Keep the arm you are gripping at the tricep tight to your side.

You MUST maintain the grip just above the elbow from step 1. I know this is not being done in the photo, but that's so you can see where their wrist will be trapped in your armpit.

3. Keeping the arm trapped tightly and maintaining the grip just above the elbow, straighten your back and push your hips forward. If everything is on correctly and tightly, upon pushing your hips forward, this lock out their elbow. The tap should follow.

Thanks goes to Mario Reis for the seminar and his permission to post these photos and Luis Tosta for helping with the demonstrations.

Argh. It's all went a bit wrong. Well, hopefully you guys will still be able to see what I mean in the photos. Mirada, feel free to edit my post so the photos are below the text if it will make things clearer. I'm not quite sure how to do so on this board.

Rezendiz, sweet technique. Like a bicep slicer variation? I'm gonna try it.

sorry i havent posted more on here, i will get some really good gi stuff soon to post, its a lot of time on dial up to do this, i hope to be at a hotel with high speed soon, i will hook it up then.

Great techniques. I shall be giving those a go next time I train. I could have done with the bicep slicer the last time when i sparred against a muscular barsteward who was about 3 times stronger than me, could i hell as get his arms free to secure the arm bar.

keep em coming please

sound pretty good... anyone knows how to switch easly from an armlock to the triangle?

I do indeed know how to swtich from and armbar from the guard into a triangle.
1. When your opponent slides your leg over his head to escape you should try and get your other leg (th one accross his body) turned and around the back of his head.
2. If you manage that (i know its possible because ive done it) then all you have to do is keep hold of the arm you was trying to armbar with one hand and then tie you legs up and bobs your uncle, a triangle!

because you still have hold of the arm you can also tilt your hips and armbar him at the same time as choking him, very nasty.

I hope this helps because its helped me beat stronger people who can power out of my armbar from the guard because they get cocky and then before they know it they are in a triangle!

Here are some chokes that nobody uses but are very sucessfull

The "bitch" choke (hurts like a bitch)

1. obtain mount position
2. get right hand in collar parallel to the neck, get left hand in the collar parallel to the neck
3. roll your knuckles in and push your arms together, but do it fast because this sets you up for a double arm bar or kimura

No Gi Eziekial

1. obtain mount position
2. right arm goes behind head and left arm traps arm and links behind head (arm triangle)
3. take your left hand, make a fist, and put it on their neck while leaving your other arm behind their head
4. now squeeze with your right arm and push in with your left fist

Heres a triangle setup that i kindof dreamed up one day (already used im sure but a great one)

1. ok your going for the armbar, you have both feet over, but you cant get their arms to seperate from the basic armbar defense
2. slide the leg thats not over their head through their arms
3. bait them in by taking your leg off their head and resting it behind them.
4. they will do the bridge and turn into guard armbar escape but they forgot that your other leg passed their arm
5. instant triangle

Here is an awesome technique for taking the back that is worth a shitload of points in a tournament.
taught to me by Luiz Palhares.

1. your in your opponents guard making good posture and they go for the bump sweep.
2. immediatly when the go for the sweep, pop up to your knees to counter it
3. push their knee down (the knee thats opposite side of which they are sweeping you) and pass your leg over
4. switch your base and take their back

this gives you i think 8 points for the counter, pass, and back mount

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back