User Submitted Techniques

Here's a good tip. I think the side choke (known today as the arm triangle choke) is a very underused submission, especially if you are in someone's half guard. A lot of people in a half guard try ferociously to go for a full mount, and end up back in their opponent's full guard. But if you can manage to get into a side choke position whilst in your opponents half guard, it is very tricky for your opponent to stop you from pulling your leg out. This is because you can use your free arm to push on his leg while you pull your own leg out. And if you get your leg out and 'scuttle' around to a 90 degree position, your opponent cannot do ANYTHING at all and he will tap out quite quickly. Try it and tell me what you think.

cockysprinter said:
Neck Crank From Hell

ive never seen anyone do this but me, though im sure others have seen it. heres goes.

1. You are mounted.
2. Get their right arm across and put your right forearm underneath their neck, as if going for an arm triangle.
3. Your opponent rolls to their left, so they are on their left side. This takes the pressure off the neck for an arm triangle. Your forearm will slip to the side of their neck, do not pull it out.
4. Now grab your left bicep with your right hand and put your leff hand on the back of your head. Put your forehead on the side of their head. Now squeeze; your head forces their neck down and your forearm forces their neck up. Everyone tells me it hurts like hell, I've never had it done to me.

It is easily applied from when they are on their side and you're mounted (side mount?), but i figured the arm triangle would be good to imagine. I don't have pictures at the moment.

Are you mounted or do you have your opponent in mount?
If you are mounted, I would not suggest going for a neck crank from bottom. Personally, I'd rather escape the mount and establish some sort of gurad before attempting any finish.

Your in the full guard

Grab both of his/her wrists

Put your feet on his hips

Push forword on his hips until your up a little higher and then place your left hand on his/her neck whil you place your right hand firmly behind you

Step backwords on your left foot and then backwords on your right foot and get up on your feet.

Kevdrone said:
Are you mounted or do you have your opponent in mount?
If you are mounted, I would not suggest going for a neck crank from bottom. Personally, I'd rather escape the mount and establish some sort of gurad before attempting any finish.

what woogie said. dont worry, i never try to submit someone while mounted.

Back