USA Today - Coach may have doomed Ronda Rousey's fight, career

People are trying to create a scapegoat for Ronda. When she was on top, she was an "once in a lifetime athlete." Now that she is down, it is the coach who is to blame.

BS, get the fuck off this forum!!

Edmund has worked hard to build his reputation, through loss after loss after loss, he earned his bad reputation even without Ronda.

It's pieces of shits like you who refuse to accept the greatness of Edmund, and try and make excuses, when it's hard to work to take greatness and turn it into something below mediocre.

He turns chicken soup into chicken shit, and he's the best at what he does!!

She doomed her own career. She never made changes so it's on her.

I'd really like to see Floyd train her if he's for real. Him and his father would greatly improve her lack of defense.

Not saying she will win her next fight but she won't be a punching bag that's for sure.

The issue isn't so much that Edmund is a bad boxing coach, he might actually e a good boxing coach. The problem isn't her Boxing, her problem is how she isn't able to use her stand up to create openings to get the fight to the ground, you don't learn that in boxing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ond-tarverdyan-ufc-207-amanda-nunes/96031676/
Look at it this way Edmond. You've hit the big time. Even USA Today knows who you are.
Maybe it's just Ronda's mentality that held her back.
She reminds me of the guys in the boxing gym that would look like animals on the heavy bag or mitts and once they got in there they would forget all fundamentals and technique soon as they started getting touched by a solid punch.
I've always told people I train, whether kids or adults, there's two parts to learning to fight
First part is learning technique, Second part is learning how to apply it in real time scenario and situations and for the second part there is no substitute for it, it's going to come with experience and time.
To me it seems like Edmond never let her experience any kind of adversity or challenge in training to let her develop any kind of fight IQ

People are trying to create a scapegoat for Ronda. When she was on top, she was an "once in a lifetime athlete." Now that she is down, it is the coach who is to blame.

Well, he is. But she wasn't anything but overhyped before.

IMO, Ronda doesn't like striking exchanges. Some people don't like getting hit and aren't comfortable striking. I think Ronda is one of those people. The fundamentals don't appear to be ingrained in her (movement, angles, and a well-timed jab to set up other strikes or grappling). Ronda gets flustered when hit and doesn't get proper coaching during the fight to make adjustments. She's a professional fighter and her striking is awkward / rudimentary and what I expect from a novice who trained for 2 years on weekends. I'd like to send Ronda to a small gym that doesn't feed her ego. My former kickboxing coach is 30 minutes from Tim Boetsch in PA and is a striking coach alongside a boxing coach in a small gym near my parents. I'd like for Ronda to set up shop in my cold, crappy home area of Pennsylvania to get tutelage from someone who trained Golden Glove champs then spend time with The Barbarian who is never afraid to stand and bang. It would never happen, but I'd love to see it. Plus, she could go to Knoebel's Amusement park in the summer and ride on the best bumper cars in existence lol.

Did anyone else see Edmund super upset when Dean stopped the fight?

He looks upset, jumping up and down and slamming his hand, as if he wanted the beat down to keep going!

You can probably catch it in one of the slow-mo angles.
Ronda had Nunes right where she wanted her. She was getting tired punching Rondas face. Dean stopped it prematurely. It was all part of the plan.

It's clearly obvious that the way she does things won't work anymore. She needs a shakeup. She's been in an echo chamber for so long that she probably didn't know what end was up anymore.

edmond reminds me of the brother from Lionheart.

A look at his financials is in his future.

Would not ve surprised if he was betting against in the last 2 fights.

Sure Edmond sucks, but Ronda started believing in her own hype.

hilarious, girl loses two fights in a row, it's a coach's fault. haha

The issue is just how bad her striking looked in those two fights. The simple fact that her striking has not progressed beyond an incredibly rudimentary level is clearly a blame to be shouldered by her coaching.

Why does Ronda look decent when she's practicing with pads and horrible fight time? Does she not spar or what?

Your first mistake is thinking she looks good on the pads....

She looks horrible on the pads her fundamentals are non existent and how she stands is an absolute joke, she has zero head movement and never tucks her chin and is off balance 90% of the time. Even her movement is bad.

She also has no idea how to get past the shock of getting hit.

First thing my coach did to me when I was 13 was was make me spar hard (after drilling the fundamentals) after getting socked in the face and breaking my nose the fear of the pain and shock of getting hit was minimal.

Ronda like Brock refused to spar hard and it shows she gets shell shocked when hit with a shot straight down the pipe.

Edmundo is a fucking failure.

That's normal, they will do the same to Conor next time he taps. Fortunately Conor's BJJ coach doesn't try to make himself part of the story like Edmond.

The reality is Ronda was always a one trick pony, and she never evolved. The guy always standing by her side was the one that was supposed to improve her stand up skill, he's failed miserably.
Connor coach wasn't going around telling people his student taps black belts. Edmond use to brag Ronda handles world champ boxers in sparring

Pretty sure Ronda has no Idea what a fucking Jab is as well.

All you ever see from her are those strange Looping hooks......

It's not just Edmond. It was everyone who was around her. They were all "yes" men obviously. If they weren't, they would never have allowed her to throw punches like she's trying to slap someone.

Ronda had Nunes right where she wanted her. She was getting tired punching Rondas face. Dean stopped it prematurely. It was all part of the plan.
Exactly. Ronda has a good chin and was willing to let Nunes punch herself out on her face.....then

Armbar.

No, hell no. How long has Ronda been a competitor? She just doesn't have it. Some people just don't take to striking. Look at shields. How many trips to Thailand has he taken to work with legit muay Thai coaches and fighters? Nobody blames them for his piss poor striking. Edmond shouldn't get the blame.

Back