Underrated and appreciated movies

Lolll I'd love to hear him say that in the flesh, i loved how butthurt people got over that lol

One of my favorite actors of my lifetime

Empire of the Sun
The Machinist
Rescue Dawn
3:10 to Yuma
American Psycho
Dark Knight Trilogy
The Prestige
Out of the Furnace (Not a great film, but he was great in it)
American Hustle
The Fighter

etc

Dude got pissed off at work, it happens to all of us.

I watched it in the theater, and I remember I kept thinking that the suspense/story will have to start picking up soon, but it never did. And yeah the way it all came together would have had me face palming if I weren't too sapped out of my energy by boredom.

ye its one of those emotional/acting pieces. not too much action. the main takeaway from that movie is perspectives.

I know this has developed a pretty big fan base and did pretty well critic wise but I don't just think this was a good movie, I think this is one of the best damn movies I have ever seen

Drive2011Poster.jpg

That fucking soundtrack.

That movie as a whole, surprised the shit outta me. I loved it.

i actually nvr saw drive :(

every1 keeps tellin me 2 watch it, but i just nvr get interested

51i2-d0AZfL._SY355_.jpg

So damn funny.

Oh ABSOLUTELY! Hilarious fucking movie. I thought it slowed down more than a bit when they have him re-connecting with his kids, but all the stuff prior and the finale are great.

"The wrong kid died" stuff with the father cracks me up every damn time. The stuff with Tim Meadows spoofing Ray is awesome, too..."It's not habit-forming! You don't want no part of this shit."

Plus John C. Reilly absolutely kills it. Some of those songs are legitimately awesome in my opinion, too. I love this one.

Hell, i think that speaking of underrated, John C. Reilly is one of the most underrated actors out there. Tough to find better people than him when it comes to being adept at drama and comedy to the same extent. He is undeniably hysterical in Boogie Nights, too, which is not a comedy in addition to zany comedies like this one and Step Brothers.

Last edited:
Simple, list and if so desired explain why, movies that you feel are underrated and under appreciated. (Low critic scores, low box office etc)

I'd like to start off with this

Legend

How about you?

Could not agree more!!!!

Plus epic soundtrack and Meg Mucklebones(could have had her own friggin movie, she was that creepy)

Last edited:
i actually nvr saw drive :(

every1 keeps tellin me 2 watch it, but i just nvr get interested

I ha 0 interest in seeing it after watching the trailer but my buddy forced me to go to the Theater to see it with him and it blew me away. The entire film had me on the edge of my seat because it was just so well done.

[YT]o4gHCmTQDVI[/YT]

Love this movie

One of Nolan's best in my opinion. And that's saying something. I remember seeing The Prestige in theaters without knowing much about it and being blown away.

Watchmen

Great adaptation that captures the spirit of the original nicely and has some beautiful cinematography.

I've always been convinced it was under-appreciated simply because Alan Moore was very vocal about not liking it, and so fans of the comic felt the need to criticize it on it to prove they were in the know.

Also convinced that the only reason Moore didn't like it was because he was irritated that the screenplay writers had come up with an ending that was much more apt (and, I might add, much less silly) than his original.

He be jelly.

I ha 0 interest in seeing it after watching the trailer but my buddy forced me to go to the Theater to see it with him and it blew me away. The entire film had me on the edge of my seat because it was just so well done.

ye so u know exactly y im nvr in the mood to watch it

Could not agree more!!!!

Plus epic soundtrack and Meg Mucklebones(could have had her own friggin movie, she was that creepy)

That fucking design of her costume/attire whatever is so fucking good. Even by today's standards.

Take that over shitty CGI any day. Bitch still haunts my dreams.

Oh ABSOLUTELY! Hilarious fucking movie. I thought it slowed down more than a bit when they have him re-connecting with his kids, but all the stuff prior and the finale are great.

"The wrong kid died" stuff with the father cracks me up every damn time. The stuff with Tim Meadows spoofing Ray is awesome, too..."It's not habit-forming! You don't want not part of this shit."

Plus John C. Reilly absolutely kills it. Some of those songs are legitimately awesome in my opinion, too. I love this one.

Hell, i think that speaking of underrated, John C. Reilly is one of the most underrated actors out there. Tough to find better people than him when it comes to being adept at drama and comedy to the same extent. He is undeniably hysterical in Boogie Nights, too, which is not a comedy in addition to zany comedies like this one and Step Brothers.

"You never once paid for Drugs, NOT ONCE"

John C Reilly is very much underrated. He has been in so many great movies and has the ability to be just as funny as pretty much any comedian in movies today.

Any Saw fans in the his house????

http://i49.tinypic.com/ofccc5.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

i watched all of em but sometimes the twist either becomes predictable or is really absurd. the shock value completely diminishes by the 2nd film

with that said, the 1st one was amazing prob due to its originality

t26ab6c_falling-down.jpg

Fantastic movie; great acting, and a relate-able main character, portrayed by Michael Douglas.

"You think I'm a thief? Oh, you see, I'm not the thief. I'm not the one charging 85 cents for a *stinking* soda! You're the thief. I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer."

"Yeah. And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?"

"It's plump, juicy, three inches thick. Look at this sorry, miserable, squashed thing. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this picture?"

Back