Underrated and appreciated movies

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Simple, list and if so desired explain why, movies that you feel are underrated and under appreciated. (Low critic scores, low box office etc)

I'd like to start off with this

Legend

Tim Curry gives an excellent performance in this, the costume design and special effects still hold up.

How about you?

Last edited:
I really liked the big year despite the negative reviews.

Sunshine

Sunshine.jpg

One of my favorite more recent Sci Fi films, has a great cast and even throws in a little twist near the end.

the_truman_show_66757-1400x1050.jpg

The Truman Show. Very thoughtful movie, a lot of clever social commentary, and frankly, a very poignant story. Never heard anyone mention it in the past decade. Every few years I go back to it.

I'd like to add this

MV5BMTkxMjc0Nzk3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM5MTcyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Christian Bales weight loss isn't the only thing in this flick, its a dark movie with some good performances all around.

The Motorcycle Diaries
Che (with Benicio Del Toro)
The Baader Meinhof Complex

Sunshine

Sunshine.jpg

One of my favorite more recent Sci Fi films, has a great cast and even throws in a little twist near the end.

Never heard of it, add it to my to watch list thanks.

I love Sunshine. I don't get why everyone says the thematic shift towards the end ruins the movie. I think it's a nice contrast for the majority of it

Never heard of it, add it to my to watch list thanks.

If you like Scifi it is worth checking out for sure, I saw it opening weekend back when it first came out and there were maybe 9-10 other people in the theater on a Saturday night. Sucks it didn't get more exposure.

The Descent
Land of the Rising Sun
Alone in the Wilderness with Dick Proeneke

If you like Scifi it is worth checking out for sure, I saw it opening weekend back when it first came out and there were maybe 9-10 other people in the theater on a Saturday night. Sucks it didn't get more exposure.

word

american pyscho btw, the profile pic, excellent film

Before I disappear

33% Rotten Tomatoes

51IZhKUuTDL.jpg

I fucking loved this movie, very brutal and realistic.

Haha great, get some use out of netflix for once, finna watch that tomorrow!

Just watched the trailer, its amazing the movies that slip by you haha

Yeah a lot of great movies get fucked over with limited theatrical releases too. Paranormal Activity 25 will have no problem getting a worldwide release but a well crafted Psychological thriller is lucky to get released in over 10 states.

Back