Underrated and appreciated movies

150156_Weird.jpg

"No no sit down, I'll handle this."

Greatest movie ever...

A VERY CLOSE SECOND would be,
51E88RWHEFL._SY445_.jpg
That scene where he gets drunk in the bar and he starts talking shit kills me every time. Love Weird Science, I might just watch it right now.

I just thought it was flat out boring. Don't give a shit about the Oscars. Retarded award show, but still a good source for what-movie-to-watch.

Good list. Haven't seen a few of them, but have wanted to.

really?!? dude thats a movie u gotta watch it thru with full interest man. 1st time i watched it, i was like this movie sucked. then upon subsequent viewings, i guess i started understanding it. i caught everything i missed the 1st time around

the only thing i will say against it is that its very unrealistic how connected everything was and how neatly everything fell into place.

the-beast-the-beast-of-war.33589.jpg

[YT]IWbp5hxzXTo[/YT]

thats a great movie. amazing acting.

dam i wanna say american psycho but every1 on SDs watched it. out in the real world, i feel like alot of ppl havent seen it yet or even heard of it

also another underrated movies panic room

Christian Bales best performance, and that says a lot.

Most modern causal audiences though, i feel wouldn't even get American Psycho...

Need to look at the old dvd collection...prob 80% are these kinda movies. My wife thinks I have the worst taste in movies. Thank gosh for Sherdogger nerdom.

MPW-59055

[YT]3poimzNM5SY[/YT]

thats a great movie. amazing acting.

dam i wanna say american psycho but every1 on SDs watched it. out in the real world, i feel like alot of ppl havent seen it yet or even heard of it

also another underrated movies panic room

Yeah a lot of people I know haven't seen American Psycho and some of the ones that have thought it was garbage. It's sooooo damn good though.

Panic Room was great. Fun Fact: it was the first R rated movie I saw in theaters.

continuing list

bottle rocket
gia
grapes of wrath
usual suspects
to kill a mockingbird
devils advocate
mystic river
monster
misery
secret window
atonement

really?!? dude thats a movie u gotta watch it thru with full interest man. 1st time i watched it, i was like this movie sucked. then upon subsequent viewings, i guess i started understanding it. i caught everything i missed the 1st time around

the only thing i will say against it is that its very unrealistic how connected everything was and how neatly everything fell into place.

I watched it in the theater, and I remember I kept thinking that the suspense/story will have to start picking up soon, but it never did. And yeah the way it all came together would have had me face palming if I weren't too sapped out of my energy by boredom.

Not that its a underrated movie, but...

das-boot-butaca-de-primera-9.jpg

[YT]RxMXtofZny8[/YT]

Same, the first Rugrats movie had some pretty legit emotional scenes too.

I liked both movies but I think Rugrats in Paris was actually an improvement which is rare for any sequel let alone an animated one. Definitely feels to be had when watching those.

In terms of underrated or underappreciated movie...it's tough. I've seen some choices on here where I think the movie gets plenty of praise- American Psycho, for instance, great movie and I think many people acknowledge it as great. But I'm sure there are vocal detractors as there are with virtually any film.

Won't be a popular choice- I know it's pretty widely hated, but that's why I'm including it- I think Anchorman 2 is actually a better sequel than I expected it to be given the long layoff period that is usually a huge red flag. I thought the satire was pretty funny and even though it went to hell in the third act, it was still pretty enjoyable.

Christian Bales best performance, and that says a lot.

Most modern causal audiences though, i feel wouldn't even get American Psycho...

not gonna lie. i hated it upon 1st time viewing. that movie and fargo. it wasnt until some time reflecting on the movies & subsequent viewings that i understood wat the movie was tryin to do and the theme that came with it. especially that ending. it left me empty & confused. then i realized that was the pt of the ending

same thing with fight club too. early in the movie i predicted that
brad pitts character was his imagination
but i failed the appreciate the cinematography, story, editing, mise en scene, & just everything in general about the movie

actually come to think of it, most of the movies in these lists im compiling was very complex & i missed alot of things leading to me underrating them. i came to appreciate most of these movies upon subsequent viewings

Need to look at the old dvd collection...prob 80% are these kinda movies. My wife thinks I have the worst taste in movies. Thank gosh for Sherdogger nerdom.

i think thats grounds for divorce XD

Yeah a lot of people I know haven't seen American Psycho and some of the ones that have thought it was garbage. It's sooooo damn good though.

Panic Room was great. Fun Fact: it was the first R rated movie I saw in theaters.

noice! but feels like every sherdoggers seen it like a billion times

also neverending story

If I ever meet Christian Bale all I'm going to do is quote this movie until he gets pissed off and yells "OH GOOOOOOOOD FOR YOU!"

Lolll I'd love to hear him say that in the flesh, i loved how butthurt people got over that lol

One of my favorite actors of my lifetime

Empire of the Sun
The Machinist
Rescue Dawn
3:10 to Yuma
American Psycho
Dark Knight Trilogy
The Prestige
Out of the Furnace (Not a great film, but he was great in it)
American Hustle
The Fighter

etc

I liked both movies but I think Rugrats in Paris was actually an improvement which is rare for any sequel let alone an animated one. Definitely feels to be had when watching those.

In terms of underrated or underappreciated movie...it's tough. I've seen some choices on here where I think the movie gets plenty of praise- American Psycho, for instance, great movie and I think many people acknowledge it as great. But I'm sure there are vocal detractors as there are with virtually any film.

Won't be a popular choice- I know it's pretty widely hated, but that's why I'm including it- I think Anchorman 2 is actually a better sequel than I expected it to be given the long layoff period that is usually a huge red flag. I thought the satire was pretty funny and even though it went to hell in the third act, it was still pretty enjoyable.
I really liked Anchorman 2. Saw it 2x in the cinema. I found the "Doby, the Shark" part to be a little tedious and boring, but the battle in the finale made up for it, in spades.

I know this has developed a pretty big fan base and did pretty well critic wise but I don't just think this was a good movie, I think this is one of the best damn movies I have ever seen

Drive2011Poster.jpg

That fucking soundtrack.

Back