Underrated and appreciated movies

ye its one of those emotional/acting pieces. not too much action. the main takeaway from that movie is perspectives.

Yeah, I think it was that that actually irked me. Perspectives that weren't really new to me so it wasn't anything to carry the entire movie from my perspective. Never really got invested in the characters either, so that didn't help. It was just a bunch of people going through some shit that was made to look like it was some revelation, but underwhelmed like a mofo. And I went into that movie with high hopes based on the star power and little expectations of the story as I had no idea what it would be about. Which normally would be a great setting.

[YT]IGFcwFR19cc[/YT]

Again, masterpeice no, but underrated, yes i think. The premise was unique and i liked the lead actor's performance.

"You never once paid for Drugs, NOT ONCE"

John C Reilly is very much underrated. He has been in so many great movies and has the ability to be just as funny as pretty much any comedian in movies today.

its cuz he gets overshadowed by will ferrell & which other famous comedian he acts w)

speaking of will ferrell, another underrated movies old school. all the young bloods gotta go watch this movie like rite now

Fuck yes, I love Falling down, own it on DVD watch it once a year. So good.

I love american pie 2 and i don't care who fucking knows it

Killing them softly was brilliant, Love the ending scene/dialog from Pitt

Agree with Killing Them Softly - REALLY liked that film.

Also, a couple of others:

The Drop (borderline love this film):

And one I always post in these threads:

Surveillance (for the horror/mystery/thriller fans)

Yeah, I think it was that that actually irked me. Perspectives that weren't really new to me so it wasn't anything to carry the entire movie from my perspective. Never really got invested in the characters either, so that didn't help. It was just a bunch of people going through some shit that was made to look like it was some revelation, but underwhelmed like a mofo. And I went into that movie with high hopes based on the star power and little expectations of the story as I had no idea what it would be about. Which normally would be a great setting.

u prob didnt like traffic either then XD

Saw and Saw II are damn solid in my opinion. Series kind of fell off for me after that. 3 especially did not appeal to me. But I did like the one that got into Jigsaw's anger at the insurance establishment. Might have been the 6th. Probably my third favorite.

its cuz he gets overshadowed by will ferrell & which other famous comedian he acts w)

speaking of will ferrell, another underrated movies old school. all the young bloods gotta go watch this movie like rite now

Old School was excellent, such a great cast.

As long as we are talking about underrated Will Ferrel movies, Semi Pro and Stranger Than Fiction were both great imo.

The Drop is great.

I like your taste in movies, all 3 of these were very good. Tom Hardy killed it in The Drop and the Twist in "Surveillance" was very well done.

Old School was excellent, such a great cast.

As long as we are talking about underrated Will Ferrel movies, Semi Pro and Stranger Than Fiction were both great imo.

i didnt think semipro was that good. it was really funny tho

best part was the poker scene and the alley oops scene

nvr saw stranger than fiction cuz the previews make it seem too predictable :(

I ha 0 interest in seeing it after watching the trailer but my buddy forced me to go to the Theater to see it with him and it blew me away. The entire film had me on the edge of my seat because it was just so well done.

To me, Drive is one of the greatest films ever made. I love the driver character. I loved the soundtrack. I loved the quiet intensity of the film. I loved the tension. And the ending wasn't what I expected as it unfolded. Brilliant film IMO.

11176196_ori.jpg

I don't watch a lot of off-the-wall movies, but I just had to see this one. Highly recommend this film, brilliant acting and story.

"I studied on killing you. Studied on it quite a bit. But I reckon there ain't no need for it if all you're gonna do is sit there in that chair. You'll be dead soon enough and the world 'll be shut of ya. You ought not killed my little brother, he should've had a chance to grow up. He woulda had fun some time."

Another super underrated Horror film. Got tied in with the whole "8 films to die for thing" so I think that overshadowed it a little bit. But it really was a very well done Cult/Horror flick with a great performance by Sean Astin

borderland-movie-poster-2007-1020419774.jpg

Off topic, but has anyone seen Sinister 2 yet?

I liked, the fist one. I though the performances were good, and the soundtrack/score was gold.

Does it measure up to the first one? I have my doubts from the million advertisments I've seen

One of my favorite horror films

[YT]6SOur3WwZvM[/YT]

u prob didnt like traffic either then XD

Nah, I liked that. Actually contemplating to give that another watch, now. Don't remember that being as much about creating perspective, though.

Off topic, but has anyone seen Sinister 2 yet?

I liked, the fist one. I though the performances were good, and the soundtrack/score was gold.

Does it measure up to the first one? I have my doubts from the million advertisments I've seen
I'm going to see it this week, hoping for the best, because I absolutely loved the first movie.

And speaking of horror

MV5BMzg4MTk3MzQ2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc4ODIyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Think the real source of the reason it's written off is because it doesn't fit with the rest of the series due to the lack of Myers. That said, I find it very entertaining and narratively interesting. Great villain, too. Kind of funny how it ends up being like an old school James Bond movie. The toy factory base is some serious Dr. No shit. Awesome movie, in my opinion.

NoES2010_1-702x336.jpeg

Couldn't really grasp the dislike for this one. I thought it was a nice reboot of the series. Reboots tends to be lackluster, but I feel this paid tribute to the spirit of the original and even had some nice changes. Scene where Rooney Mara and Kyle Gallner get a reminder of their past with Freddy, for instance, was highly unsettling and effective in my opinion.

Not a great movie or anything, but I think it's better than at leastt half of the Nightmare sequels. Also, I think Haley's look and the fact that he wasn't Englund hurt the perception of it, but I ended up liking him in the role by the end.

Also

frightnight.jpg

Classic movie is classic. I think it's pretty widely liked but maybe one of those films that has been underseen by the modern audience.

To me, Drive is one of the greatest films ever made. I love the driver character. I loved the soundtrack. I loved the quiet intensity of the film. I loved the tension. And the ending wasn't what I expected as it unfolded. Brilliant film IMO.

I agree 100%, i ate up everything this movie had to offer. The build up, the actors, the soundtrack, it was just so fucking good.

Back