Movies UNCUT GEMS Starring Adam Sandler (First Trailer Released)

Strange movie. It was intense, with too much yelling and the ending was kinda blah. Can't say I'll be watching it twice.

To the people who have seen this movie, Marriage Story with Adam Driver, and Joker, who's walking away with the best male performance award?

Movie about a gambling addict...and he literally makes 2 bets throughout the movie. It was okay, but nothing to write home about.

Oh wow a new Adam Sandberg movie. I can’t wait to see this *farts*

I know Sandler gets a lot of slack, but I enjoy most of his movies, even the stupid ones. Need to add this to my list and never watched Reign Over Me so I need to add that as well.

Yea I do to. It's funny cause it's mostly his older stuff I don't really enjoy which is when people really liked him. Reign over me looked really dumb to me but I caught it on TV and it's actually pretty good.

The directors look like such hipster douches

The vibe I got from the trailer is its trying too hard to be urban and edgy, and I keep hearing about an annoying soundtrack from people who seen it

Real glad the legend Judd Hirsch was in this. Awesome dude. And that scene where Sandler asks him to inflate the bid...we all knew where that was going, but it was very well done. One of the most effective scenes in the film in my opinion. Built tension.

overall, it’s an intense, effective movie. Sandler, Lakeith, Bogosian, Idina, Fox, etc all gave quite impressive performances in the sense that there was no artifice there. They all came across like they really were the characters living this situation. That’s particularly impressive for Sandler as he’s been in that state for years where his presence in a film immediately elicits- oh its Adam Sandler, making every character seem interchangeable.

yep, it was great. love everything that the Safdie’s have done. Heaven Knows What always reminded me of Altman’s California Split, but Uncut Gems takes it to the next level (not surprising considering the plot). Robert Eggers & the Safdie’s might just be the best young/new American directors working today. there is a serious change of the guard just on the horizon no doubt.

obviously i was enthralled w/ Sandler’s performance, but it was Lakeith Stanfield that really stood out to me. dude is unbelievably talented. there were moments when he was legitimately threatening, even if he wasn’t being blatant about it; this was a nice change of pace for Lakeith considering his typical comedic roles.

i hope the Safdie’s continue to collaborate w/ Oneohtrix Point Never for their film scores because it’s a match made in heaven comparable to PTA & Greenwood imo

Last edited:
The directors look like such hipster douches

The vibe I got from the trailer is its trying too hard to be urban and edgy, and I keep hearing about an annoying soundtrack from people who seen it
The soundtrack is pretty bad.

UNCUT GEMS

First thing first, former dom Julia Fox is all the reason anyone needs to see this film; she is a smoke show
bfa_20646_2597541.jpg

That's her in the middle, and don't quote me but I believe that's the co director/writer on the right. Anyway the movie is super intense and gritty like GOOD TIME but sometimes it's a bit zany. The energy is through the roof frenetic. Sandler fills the role adequately but this was made for John Tuturro; it's very close to PSH in BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD. Except, you know, ultra Jewy.

Big fan of the Safdie storytelling. I never know what's happening right away and somehow it's magnetically appealing.

No they don't show her naked.
julia-fox-boyfriend.jpg

2016-05-11-1462929918-5560203-photo-J-thumb.png

galore-mag-julia-fox4.jpg

julia-fox-at-uncut-gems-premiere-at-2019-toronto-international-film-festival-09-09-2019-9.jpg

What-plant-is-this.jpg

Movie was pretty good I thought. It made a tense atmosphere and kept it going the whole time. People keep saying they didnt like adam sandlers character so they couldnt feel for him. Your not supposed to. Its like the scene where hes talking to his ex wife about getting back together and she laughs at him. Hes supposed to be a bad person who only looks out for himself. I thought it did a great job showing a gritty new york pawn underground enterprise.

I've talked to a few people who thought the film was excellently made but they hated it because either they didn't empathize with the character ("this is the story of nothing more than a manipulative addict!") or the intensity was ratcheted too high ("I felt assaulted").

I find that fascinating.

meet-julia-fox-the-diamond-in-the-rough-from-uncut-gems-05.jpg

54a78b804021b-elle-julia-fox-v-elv.jpg

000158540006-v2-RED-C.jpg

wl-13260-1640426.jpg

Last edited:
Back