UFN 125 - Anders vs Machida - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
opponents-lyoto-machida-of-brazil-and-eryk-anders-of-the-united-face-picture-id913510134

opponents-priscila-cachoeira-of-brazil-and-valentina-shevchenko-of-picture-id913515992

opponents-michel-prazeres-of-brazil-and-desmond-green-of-the-united-picture-id913519730

opponents-marcelo-golm-of-brazil-and-tim-johnson-of-the-united-states-picture-id913519820

opponents-douglas-silva-of-brazil-and-marlon-vera-of-ecuador-face-off-picture-id913521004

opponents-thiago-santos-of-brazil-and-anthony-smith-of-the-united-picture-id913523878

opponents-alan-patrick-of-brazil-and-damir-hadzovic-of-bosnia-face-picture-id913523994

opponents-sergio-moraes-of-brazil-and-tim-means-of-the-united-states-picture-id913523998

opponents-polyana-viana-of-brazil-and-maia-stevenson-of-the-united-picture-id913524546

opponents-iuri-alcantara-of-brazil-and-joe-soto-of-the-united-states-picture-id913540060

opponents-deiveson-figueiredo-of-brazil-and-joseph-morales-of-the-picture-id913540066

I watched some tape on both, Hadzovic will definitely win the striking battle. Patrick doesn't setup his shot that well and vulnerable to a knee shooting in like Sadistic mentioned but Held took down Hadzovic and Patrick is like a relentless rabid dog and I don't see how Hadzovic doesn't get taken down at some point and held there. Odds are juicy on Hadzovic though.

You think Hadzovic will be able to consistently stuff the takedown?

that's the big question, hehe. odds dictate play

to my untrained eye, helds takedowns look vastly more technical than patricks.

patrick doesn't set up his shots (like someone mentioned) and relies on his physicality. i think hadzovic's tdd will look better than his last fight, but hopefully he doesn't throw any please catch me head kicks this time.

Not betting this since nobody with Comcast (biggest US cable company) can see the majority of the fights smh

Not betting this since nobody with Comcast (biggest US cable company) can see the majority of the fights smh
I pay stupid money for DirecTV and one of the reasons I stay is that they offer all the obscure cable sports channels like FS1 & 2, NBC SN, CBS SN, MavTV, Audience, AWE TV and others that broadcast lesser live MMA & boxing cards. I'll be moving soon locally, so it will be a good opportunity to threaten to cancel and see if they offer me a deal again or some kind of discount on premium channels for another six months at least.

We Comcast users have been able to watch FS2 fights all along. They have always played on Fox Deportes (Fox DE), which is a random channel you most likely never seen before. For me, it's on channel 602 for standard definition, and channel 679 in HD.

The commentary is in Spanish, but it's only for 4 fights.

Main card (6 fights) is on FS1.

We Comcast users have been able to watch FS2 fights all along. They have always played on Fox Deportes (Fox DE), which is a random channel you most likely never seen before. For me, it's on channel 602 for standard definition, and channel 679 in HD.

The commentary is in Spanish, but it's only for 4 fights.

Main card (6 fights) is on FS1.

diff comcast regions/packages/etc don't get fox deportes. i pay 200+ for just myself and it's not available for me, either, nor has it ever been, as @NewcastleTom said

here is how I see every fight ending!!!!!! I will be posting my bets when all the props are up. as in a certian fighter wins by sub KO or dec.

Vianna-Sub 2
Figueiredo- Ko 2
Soto-DEC
Vera- Dec
Patrick-Dec
Means- Ko2
Smith- Ko 2
Golm-KO 1
Prazzeres-Dec
Schevenko-Dec
Muhnoz-Dec
Anders-Dec

Here are my bets!!!!!
Figueiredo- Wins inside+292
Soto- wins by dec +245
Vianna- WIns inside+104
Means- WIns inside+249
Smith+240
Vera- WIns by dec+216
Golm-Wins inside+112
Prazzeres- WIns by dec+145
Schevenko-Wins by dec+230
Anders- Wins by Dec+650

I see a lot of people mentioning Patrick not setting up his TDs, I thought he does a good job at setting em up with a wild strike that he converts to a TD. Hadzovic is the right side at these odds but I can't justify a play on him other than NSC

I dont know why many of you think that Means will knock Moraes out, but Moraes has beend KOd only by Usman and before this he wasnt KOD since 2009. I think Means doesnt have the power of Usman and his knockouts are against guys like John Howard and Sabah Homasi, whos belonging to UFC level is questionable.

Chito is listed as only 1 inch taller than Silva de Andrade on UFC website, was pretty stunned when I saw that earlier in the week expected a decent size advantage for Chito. In the weigh in it looked more like 3-4 inches though, how do they get these measurements so wrong?
And Anthony Smith is listed as 4 inches taller than Santos, they looked about 1 inch apart

I do not think prazeres will have much of an advantage with his extra weight. Desmond green is a much much much better wrestler than him and all of praz’s opponents. Mads Burrell? Joshua Burkman? Please.

Even being smaller than prazeres he will stuff every td, possibly score some td of his own. Faster striking, better conditioning.. I think Desmond Green shuts Michel Prazeres down every round and wins a split or a unanimous dec. But I am not an elite better so take it with a grain of salt indeed...
People still dont get it, 5 pounds should not make a huge difference in the wrestling department. The fact that he skipped cutting the last 5 pounds is a huge factor though, those last pounds are torture for people cutting a lot of weight, depending on when he weighed in he will have more time to rehydrate, will be better hydrated, he will have less weight to force back on and there seems to be a correlation with bad weightcuts and how easy you get knocked out, more fluids protecting the brain. And on top of that the extra weight is a slight advantage when in top control

I have not bet any ML in this fight yet, got 2.5u on the over at -200. If it becomes a pick'em I will bet a 1-2u on Prazeres

Last edited:
I pay stupid money for DirecTV and one of the reasons I stay is that they offer all the obscure cable sports channels like FS1 & 2, NBC SN, CBS SN, MavTV, Audience, AWE TV and others that broadcast lesser live MMA & boxing cards. I'll be moving soon locally, so it will be a good opportunity to threaten to cancel and see if they offer me a deal again or some kind of discount on premium channels for another six months at least.

Same here man. I have DirectTV for cable and Comcast for internet. It would be a lot cheaper to just go through Comcast. At this point, I can't give up AXS. I really enjoy the Friday night fights.

Sure wish I could cancel my bet on prazeres. He must weigh in again when he arrives to the arena and must be under 161lbs and will be medically examined to determine if he’s fit to fight

Forced to play Both sides here.

Last edited:
Sure wish I could cancel my bet on prazeres. He must weigh in again when he arrives to the arena and must be under 161lbs and will be medically examined to determine if he’s fit to fight
Me too. 161 is very low, he probably have to cut weight to get to 161 and he's not gonna be able to rehydrate that fast with no IV.

Sure wish I could cancel my bet on prazeras. He must weigh in again when he arrives to the arena and must be under 161lbs and will be medically examined to determine if he’s fit to fight

Are you serious?

If he’s not 161lbs Green has again option to refuse to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back