UFN 125 - Anders vs Machida - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Understandable from his position, but he flew 20-30 hours to Brazil and will only get half his paycheck, not counting the foreign tax and whatever he spends in paying coaches.

Ugh, how is it always the best fight to bet that gets canceled? Dodson ~1.8 was such a gift, althought Munhoz being heavier might not be optimal.

Ffs. Coral had Munhoz sub at +1400! And actually on Ladbrokes (sister site) you could have boosted that to +1600.

All disappeared down the u-bend now.

Last edited:

Understandable from his position, but he flew 20-30 hours to Brazil and will only get half his paycheck, not counting the foreign tax and whatever he spends in paying coaches.

Like the other poster pointed out, I don't think the penalties are stiff enough for missing weight. In turn, that doesn't give Dodson much incentive to take the fight. Munhoz may only be getting paid something like $20k/$20k (about half of Dodson). That's only $4k extra to Dodson if Munhoz loses. $8k if he wins.

With Praz/Green, it may be a bit different. Praz has been around a while, so he's probably getting paid more than Green. There is actually incentive for Green to take it as the 20% extra is decent compared to his pay.

can anyone translate? my Portuguese is ranked beyond minus

alan patrick

-looks bruised around the face and marks up
-mentions working on ji jitsu and MT I believe

Praz
-worked on wrestling, ji jitsu and boxing this camp

Priscila

Pedro

Golm

-discusses his wrestling and MT

Viana

Did you ended up translating that?

I was undecided on what to do with Means/Moraes, but I'm going with ITD. I think this fights does not see the cards more often than not, and it's +100. This is an interesting clash of styles where Moraes has been pretty wild standing. On the ground, I think Moraes gives Means a lot of trouble. I think someone is going to impose their style here.

Did you ended up translating that?
Hey, I'm Brazilian. I can help you guys anytime you wish.

Well: Nuguette talks about his YouTube Channel, which has a lot of technical content about Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai.

Michel talks about his opponent's wrestling being good, but says that he has been training a lot of boxing and jiu jitsu and that can be the difference

Priscila talks about being called a zombie girl in the cage and about having a specific strategy Maybelline ( she mentions winning but it zounded like not going for an open striking exchange )

Golm said that he has trained at Nogueira's academy and that he is prepared to overcome possible Johnson's wall and stall

Viana sounds like a total psycho, talks about how she became a fighter, since beating everyone in school to going to a jiu jitsu championship

Last edited:
nope, was hoping someone could
Hey, I'm Brazilian. I can help you guys anytime you wish.

Well: Nuguette talks about his YouTube Channel, which has a lot of technical content about Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai.

Michel talks about his opponent's wrestling being good, but says that he has been training a lot of boxing and jiu jitsu and that can be the difference

Priscila talks about being called a zombie girl in the cage and about having a specific strategy Maybelline ( she mentions winning but it isounded like not going for an open exchange

Golm said that he has trained at Nogueira's academia and that he is prepared to overcome possible Johnson's wall and stall

Viana sounds like a total psycho, talks about how she became a fighter, since beating everyone in school to going to a jiu jitsu championship
I'm portuguese myself so i was wondering if he still wanted some help but you got ahead :D

Are you sure the new regime give show up purse or move the fight down a bit, like 2-3 weeks from now?

I think I might pick Timothy Johnson over Marcelo golm. Am I the only 1 think he might win?

I think I might pick Timothy Johnson over Marcelo golm. Am I the only 1 think he might win?

Golm has never seen the 2nd round, we don't know if his cardio is going to hold up against TIm "Wall and stall" Johnson as the fight progresses

Hadzovic at +210 / 3.10, might be the best pick of the card.
Patrick has weak stand up and relies on his bjj to win fights, if he can't take Hadzovic on the ground, he is going to be in trouble.
I don't think that Patrick is going to have an easy time taking Hadzovic down, who has a judo background. This isn't going to be Patrick vs Ray 2.0
Patrick doesn't like to get hit, and hasn't fought in over a year (I don't know why, but he wasn't suspended).
At the current odds, I think that Hadzovic is a no brainer pick.

It's my favorite bet now that munhoz is off.

Of all the fights, my favorite one and favorite bet. Fuuuuuuck.

It's my favorite bet now that munhoz is off.

Of all the fights, my favorite one and favorite bet. Fuuuuuuck.

I watched some tape on both, Hadzovic will definitely win the striking battle. Patrick doesn't setup his shot that well and vulnerable to a knee shooting in like Sadistic mentioned but Held took down Hadzovic and Patrick is like a relentless rabid dog and I don't see how Hadzovic doesn't get taken down at some point and held there. Odds are juicy on Hadzovic though.

You think Hadzovic will be able to consistently stuff the takedown?

I watched some tape on both, Hadzovic will definitely win the striking battle. Patrick doesn't setup his shot that well and vulnerable to a knee shooting in like Sadistic mentioned but Held took down Hadzovic and Patrick is like a relentless rabid dog and I don't see how Hadzovic doesn't get taken down at some point and held there. Odds are juicy on Hadzovic though.

You think Hadzovic will be able to consistently stuff the takedown?
Jamah was saying he has a judo background and patrick’s tds are predominantly trips.

He was in full desperation mode vs Russian Tyson cause his tds were getting stuffed

Hadz should be drilling takedowns and get ups all camp cause that’s all patrick’s got. He gets you down and wet blankets you. That’s all he wants to do

I originally assumed Dodson would have a tough time getting his show + win money, but it looks like he gets neither.

Update:

A "portion" of his show money, which means he'll likely get paid to cover his travel and expenses. The UFC basically doesn't have to give him anything since they run the show.

Last edited:
stevie ray's anti-grappling is horrendous, that fight could have skewered the lines.

at +210 pehaps hadzovic is worth a stab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back