Media UFC posts current bout order for UFC 300

Its a good card but to really make UFC 300 special its going to need an amazing main event, there's just no getting away from it that if the main event is not special then people are going to feel underwhelmed.

Looks like 2 more fights could be added, but like I said they are going to have to be excellent to make it special

We really need Conor vs Chandler to main event. Or Conor vs anyone really.

Needs more fights of consequence.

Holloway/Gaethje is an exhibition fight given they are realistically and naturally a weight class apart.
Zhang/Yan is the fight of the night arguably and could easily top that card. 2 brilliant fighters at their peak and the obvious China backdrop.
The other fights are good and interesting but can't help feel these fights are just hastily put together and make little sense.

Oliveira v Tsarukyan, Jiri v Rakic, Aljo v Kattar all make sense and have consequence.

If Max beats Gaethje he instantly becomes a top LW contender. That's more than an exhibition fight.

I actually like this card already. It’s hard to say if the rest on here are just being classic sherdog or genuinely dislike this offering. I thought 100 was cool but 200 was garbage tbh so 🤷‍♂️
"classic sherdog" Lol.

All that was meant by that was this card was being made out to be the greatest card ever, yet they're leaving off stars who are on the record saying they want to be on 300.

Also, 3 WMMA fights when very few fans are actually interested and follow it is mildly surprising.

So far, Gaethje/Holloway, Oliveira/Arman, Jiri/Rakic are the top 3 fights by far.

I like the PFL card way better. PFL card has actual martial artists.

UFC 300 is mostly just "tough" guys who use roids

Great card so far. 1 or 2 more big fights puts it over the top and screams 300!
Grasso-Blanchfield
Grasso-Shevchenko 3
Gane-Pavlovich
Brendan Allen-Cannonier
I don’t think UFC wants to overload this one night though. Too many eggs in one basket is probably not a wise business decision.

Last edited:
Chael is trying to start a rumour that the main event will be Aspinall vs Fedor lmao.
No way Dana would ever step in and stop Fedor getting murdered by Mike Tyson. Dana White will have front row tickets to that fight if it happens.

What's with the 200 love? The main event was Tate v Nunes which is arguably a worse fight than Zhang v Yan, which isn't even comain.
I mean I think the popularity of Nunes and Tate was pretty high. It's pretty historical because it's the point where Nunes won the title after beating Ronda and before her title defense run. I would love if either Weili or Yan pull off the same, but I don't think they are close in popularity. Might be a better fight.

200 had the intentions of being a pretty amazing event with Jones/DC then Conor/Nate, but they pulled out some random fun matchups with Brock/Hunt and Silva/DC to make up for it. I would even argue Aldo/Edgar had bigger impact over mma history than Max/Gaethje can. I would say 200 undercard was decently stacked too.

DDP, Khamzat, Pereira and Aspinall have all said they'd like to fight on this card, and they only have one more slot left?

They chose not to stack this card by choice.

<KhabibBS>

You're just listing names, actually making fights with them is entirely different. Khamzat can't even fight in the U.S. Aspinall is only willing to fight Jones or Stipe. DDP has said MAYBE if he's healthy. That's an unknown factor at this point. And as for Pereira, Hill is still injured and Ankalaev isn't a compelling matchup.

My guess is they are waiting to see if DDP is cleared by his doctor and will try to do something with him.

DDP, Khamzat, Pereira and Aspinall have all said they'd like to fight on this card, and they only have one more slot left?

They chose not to stack this card by choice.

<KhabibBS>

Didn't UFC 200 have Hendricks on the preliminary card because it was so stacked

I mean I think the popularity of Nunes and Tate was pretty high. It's pretty historical because it's the point where Nunes won the title after beating Ronda and before her title defense run. I would love if either Weili or Yan pull off the same, but I don't think they are close in popularity. Might be a better fight.

200 had the intentions of being a pretty amazing event with Jones/DC then Conor/Nate, but they pulled out some random fun matchups with Brock/Hunt and Silva/DC to make up for it. I would even argue Aldo/Edgar had bigger impact over mma history than Max/Gaethje can. I would say 200 undercard was decently stacked too.

You've got your timeline wrong. Tate had just won the title and Nunes wasn't popular at all, she was just another fighter in the division. She would go on to fight Ronda after winning the title. Zhang is way more popular than she was.

Its stacked but the ME needs to be a title fight. Otherwise it's more hype / gimmicky

It's a good card. Not close to what I would imagine a "300" card should be. I don't think the main event will be able to put it at that level anyway.

Is that Jessica Andrade vs Marina Rodriguez? I thought Nickal was opening, not complaining tho, thats decent WMMA if you ask me.

Solid card, put Pereira in there, and be over with it.

You've got your timeline wrong. Tate had just won the title and Nunes wasn't popular at all, she was just another fighter in the division. She would go on to fight Ronda after winning the title. Zhang is way more popular than she was.
Good call, my bad. Tate was popular from the Ronda fight atleast and for her looks though. Nunes was an unknown, you're right. Probably fair to say Weili > Tate. I honestly suck with wmma history even though I watch the wmma fights. Ok I'll admit on paper this is probably a bigger fight, but still remains to be seen as historical as when Nunes first got the title.

It does kind of feel like they realised everybody was already booked and panicked.

Just ended up slapping fights together between guys and gals that were healthy and free and not because they made a whole lot of sense.
Booked or otherwise unavailable, ie retired, injured or Ramadan. Saving McGregor for another card and having to put together a Saudi card soon after does make the booking part significant.

Give us Billy Q vs cub Swanson for the just bleed opening fight of the prelims

Back