UFC on ESPN+ 30: Kattar v Ige

for a fighter like fishgold it really sucks to lose 30%of your purse. I am sure he tried to make weight but couldn"t make it. This might make him more eager to put on an exciting fight in fear of getting cut and to hope to make some bonusmoney at least.

Anyone think Ige can bank a bunch of leg kicks?

Yep, but he's gonna eat straight shots down the pipe for doing so imo. He only moves his head off the center line a slight amount when he throws them from what I've seen. The target will be there for Kattar unless Ige's timing is basically perfect.

for a fighter like fishgold it really sucks to lose 30%of your purse. I am sure he tried to make weight but couldn"t make it. This might make him more eager to put on an exciting fight in fear of getting cut and to hope to make some bonusmoney at least.
He said prior to weigh in he wanted the 50k and was going to bang in order to get it.

Abdul Razak Alhassan (174*) vs. Mounir Lazzez (171)
Chris Fishgold (149*) vs. Jared Gordon (145)
Kenneth Bergh (OUT) vs. Jorge Gonzalez (205)

* Fighter missed weight and will forfeit a percentage of their fight purse to their opponent.

opponents-calvin-kattar-and-dan-ige-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1256133985

opponents-tim-elliott-and-ryan-benoit-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1256134015

opponents-jimmie-rivera-and-cody-stamann-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1256134035

opponents-molly-mccann-of-england-and-taila-santos-of-brazil-face-off-picture-id1256134072

opponents-abdul-razak-alhassan-of-ghana-and-mounir-lazzez-of-tunisia-picture-id1256134141

opponents-khamzat-chimaev-of-czechia-and-john-phillips-of-wales-face-picture-id1256134204

opponents-ricardo-ramos-of-brazil-and-lerone-murphy-of-england-face-picture-id1256134229

opponents-modestas-bukauskas-of-lithuania-and-andreas-michailidis-of-picture-id1256134371

opponents-jared-gordon-and-chris-fishgold-of-england-face-off-during-picture-id1256134387

opponents-diana-belbita-of-romania-and-liana-jojua-of-georgia-face-picture-id1256134427

opponents-jack-shore-of-wales-and-aaron-phillips-face-off-during-the-picture-id1256134478

Man there's a prop I love here...

Playing Edgar dec +285. Soooo much more value than his ML at +180 imo.

Munhoz has a granite chin, big power, and one of the best guillotines in the UFC (Ortega, Hermannson maybe too?). But he doesn't cut off the cage well and his footwork is so-so. He's terrific against guys who will stand in the pocket and bang, but overall as a striker he's a poor man's Lineker imo.

On the flipside, Frankie is nearing the end of the road for sure. Shopworn, chin likely gone. BUT...he knows what he is and he's a smart vet that knows his only path to victory. He's not likely at all to mess around in the pocket with Munhoz. The guillotine is a concern if Frankie does wrestle, but in 30+ pro fights Frankie has never been subbed. He knows what he's doing on the mat. I don't see Frankie taking chances here, he's got nothing left to prove and doesn't desperately need to try to finish or put on some crazy exciting fight. I see him bouncing around throwing punches from outside the pocket as usual, simply trying to outwork and outpoint Pedro. Possibly mixing in the occasional TD late in rounds to seal them.

Now, of course it only take one shot to end Frankie's night. And it's very possible that happens. But at +285 I really love the value on Frankie's dec line.
I need this to hit because I got destroyed on last saturdays card.

EDIT: okay i just read it was cancelled now. fuck.

Last edited:
guys stop this 'Fishgold has bad gas tank narrative.' Dude looked fresh before Amirkhani submitted him (btw Fishgold was winning that fight) and also went 5 good rounds with James Webb. Fish is the better striker and has better ground game and he is faster than Gordon. Plus big chin advantage for him as well. I think Fishgold should be around 1.50 to be honest.

I'm almost definitely biased against her at this stage, but man, McCann sucks. She's pretty much just a brawler without real power who has fought the who's who of the worst fighters the UFC has to offer. Can crushing exists within the UFC too ‍♂️ She's not some superstar wrestler, her wrestling has looked better progressively from fight to fight but Priscilla Cahoeira, Ariane Lipski and Belbita all do not possess an ounce of defensive wrestling or competent BJJ and these nothing pointing towards her suddenly having elite level technique. Don't get me wrong, Taila Santos isn't great either but she does have a reach advantage and her Submission line even now at 11.0 is money

Don't mistake me betting McCann here as saying she's some secretly top tier fighter. She's not. But Santos WAS given a ufc can in her first fight and failed. McCann's only been successful with that, and I don't see any evidence Santos is better than her last 3 opponents.

guys stop this 'Fishgold has bad gas tank narrative.' Dude looked fresh before Amirkhani submitted him (btw Fishgold was winning that fight) and also went 5 good rounds with James Webb. Fish is the better striker and has better ground game and he is faster than Gordon. Plus big chin advantage for him as well. I think Fishgold should be around 1.50 to be honest.

Fishgold was doing fine in the second round but he lost the first round and would have lost the second if he somehow survived the choke.

dont think so, Kattars defence has improved and ige throws naked ones

Disagree that his defense has improved in that regard. Stephens and Zabit connected with essentially every leg kick that they threw. Kattar always has and most likely always will have problems dealing with leg kicks, even going back to his to pre-UFC career.

Not sure that Ige is the one to exploit it, since it's not something we've seen a ton of from him, but I do think he'll try. The longer the fight goes, the more it could potentially become a factor. Personally, I can't see paying -300 for Kattar here.

Abdul 4 pounds overweight, does he try to finish more emphatically than already would have lol because 30% of his purse gone ?

I've been watching the Mounir guy and he has fast hands and is relatively strong but I don't think he can sit in the pocket and come out unscathed

Bergh/Gonzalez is off? Bergh pulling out due to rough weight cut?

Abdul 4 pounds overweight, does he try to finish more emphatically than already would have lol because 30% of his purse gone ?

I've been watching the Mounir guy and he has fast hands and is relatively strong but I don't think he can sit in the pocket and come out unscathed

I think Mounir could be the better striker. Problem is Abdul actually has an insanely good chin if you look at some of his past fights, particularly the Akhmedov fight. If it's gonna be a standup war, which it most likely will, Abdul will inevitably find some targets and I don't have any reason to trust Lazzez can deal with that. It's hard for me to see Abdul losing a fight like this unless Lazzez has some good wrestling pressure I don't know about.

edit: also watching some more tape on Lazzez, he can be very hittable. Just has good hands and power of his own. But that's not a good sign in a fight like this.

Last edited:
Back