UFC on ESPN+ 30: Kattar v Ige

Impossible to say really... did he drain himself and cut until he absolutely couldn't anymore? Did he just decide not to go through with the full cut because he felt it wasn't worth the fine and any punishment he might receive?
Who knows
The last time a fighter missed they fought qutie badly and lost in round 1 or round 2 from the other few weeks ago. I am a bit concerned for my bet on fishgold now. Most of the times in the past a fighter misses their weight it usual has no effect on their fight.

Well sometimes it does.

I think Mounir could be the better striker. Problem is Abdul actually has an insanely good chin if you look at some of his past fights, particularly the Akhmedov fight. If it's gonna be a standup war, which it most likely will, Abdul will inevitably find some targets and I don't have any reason to trust Lazzez can deal with that. It's hard for me to see Abdul losing a fight like this unless Lazzez has some good wrestling pressure I don't know about.

edit: also watching some more tape on Lazzez, he can be very hittable. Just has good hands and power of his own. But that's not a good sign in a fight like this.

Good Analysis. At first I wrote off Mounir as a scrub that Abdul would run through ( he still could and probably will ) but Mounir is actually probably the most skilled striker Abdul has faced up this point in his career. He is wiry but still pretty strong from what I can tell, but hasn't shown any offensive wrestling ability that I believe would be necessary to beat Abdul.

I also haven't really seen anything great from Mounir's defensive striking and he will probably catch one in the pocket. Chances are Mounir will slowly be backed into the fence as well and be fighting off his back foot which pretty much lends itself to a barnburner.

I am wondering if I should make a play that Abdul finishes him inside the distance or the 1st round. I think his power carries from round to round but I am trying to guage how he is going to come out in light of him mentioning he may want to show more technicality. However, since 30% of his purse gone he is going to want to make that back with a knockout of the night bonus.

This is a huge step up in competition for Mounir, he seems very relaxed in interviews and more or less going with the flow and happy to be there.

The last time a fighter missed they fought qutie badly and lost in round 1 or round 2 from the other few weeks ago. I am a bit concerned for my bet on fishgold now. Most of the times in the past a fighter misses their weight it usual has no effect on their fight.

Well sometimes it does.
It's a mixed bag I think the two most recent misses from 251 were Paiva and Melo. One questionable win and one loss. I do think we are seeing alot more conditioning issues with the short notice fights and travel.

interesting to see a few things different from Tim Elliot- cut that stupid lookin mullet and actually stared his opponent down..idk if it means anything, but to him I'm sure it does
also, Jojua is the baddest in mma

more value on benoit ko +400 in my opinion.
I think Elliot rd 1 might be a little better than his sub line..also I think Benoit has been training with Renzo Gracie team and Garry Tonon

I think Elliot rd 1 might be a little better than his sub line..also I think Benoit has been training with Renzo Gracie team and Garry Tonon

yeah he has been training with danaher and tonon will be in his corner. said bjj was the main area he was working on during his long layoff.

elliott looking like fade material to me and says he is more interested in bonus money than wins.

I am liking this fight card for wed i think we are going to see quite a number of finishes and some by underdogs. Any offical reason why that other fight match was canceled?

yeah he has been training with danaher and tonon will be in his corner. said bjj was the main area he was working on during his long layoff.

elliott looking like fade material to me and says he is more interested in bonus money than wins.
I think I have Benoit in most of my DK lineups since I kinda found it hard to find decent dogs besides him. You like any others? I think Michaelidis has a chance, but I'm worried about him going up in weight and his cardio, especially being short notice.

Can someone explain to me this upplaying of Taila Santos? What am I missing? She's a can crusher with mediocre striking who dropped a decision to a low tier fighter in her only UFC fight. She's not even a great grappler, she just happened to start her debut with a failed sub attempt. McCann feels like one of the biggest value lines on this card at evens.
so, i think ppl are mixing her in with the influx of very good brazilian chicks coming in... but she aint one of em. molly mccann is some average looking chick from england, and the overall perception is this 14-1 brazilian is gonna demolish her. cant wait till mccann grinds her down to a pulp and makes it look easy.

Back