• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News UFC, NFL, NBA join forces against illegal streams.

You're not going to stop it.

Passing a law in the US like this does little to nothing. Most of the people creating these are not based in the US, they are based in countries with little to no copyright laws and they simply don't give a shit.

It is not the laws that need to change, it is the business model.
Also....VPNs....

Just like the war on drugs, a battle that cannot be won. The literal definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and expecting different results.

Hey Dana, here is an idea, lower the fucking price to ensure it's affordable for all and you can cut your piracy problems in half you pink fucking goof.

I really don't think there's anywhere near the loss in revenue they're predicting.

Who streams fights? Well it's mainly kids I would imagine, and broke young adults. And a few of us hardcore fans.. but tbh these days if the card is good I will buy it. If it's a bad card I will stream it, and if they somehow managed to completely win the battle on streaming.. I would either not watch the event or go somewhere to watch it. I'm not going to pay for something that to me isn't worth the money. And I think that's pretty much how everyone feels about it.

Streaming fights sucks anyways. The streams are constantly lagging and skipping, crashing. It's not an enjoyable way to watch the fights 90 percent of the time. But these people that are streaming are likely some of the biggest fans, who will buy cards in the future when they become adults and make money. So to turn them away from the sport is short sighted IMO.

Dana would be better off just ignoring the situation and not speaking out about it publicly. Sure continue to fight it behind the scenes, but quit crying about it publicly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back