• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News UFC, NFL, NBA join forces against illegal streams.

Heard the streamer is being held in Gitmo indefinitely. Dana White saying he got off easy.
Dana originally tried the whole "Here's two grand. Give me 5 minutes alone with this guy pls - no cameras" to the FBI but they wouldn't bite. The guy knows how to dispense justice, alright. Fkn gangster.

Well for one you can’t beat the internet. For two, wrong to assume they’re losing all this revenue, many will simply just not watch otherwise and interest in their product in general will be reduced. They actually could end up losing money overall.

It’s well established that the way to deal with piracy is to offer easy access for a reasonable fee. How many people you know still download music? Nobody because Spotify offers easy access for a reasonable fee. HBO had some of the most pirated shows. What did they do? Offered content on their app for a reasonable fee.

If the music and movie/tv industry couldn’t defeat piracy, how are they going to?

Hope all the upper people in NFL, NBA and UFC go bankrupt and have to scratch, crawl and dig to even be poor.

If i cant stream then im officially done being a hardcore fan and they can keep their shitty over priced content. Greedy corporations will be OP come this new world order. I saw this coming for awhile now. First the streamers then theyll come after the illegal viewers, just wait and see. Everything points towards total population control. Enjoy

Does anyone else remember when Dana claimed he had employees watching a streamers house and listening to his phone calls?

During an interview with BT Sport ahead of McGregor/Poirier II he declared: "When I came out and said this, all these guys started taunting me.

"So I went through, and I picked. I said, 'You. You're the guy.' And I told my people, 'I want this guy.' And guess what? We got him.

"We're watching his house, we're listening to his phone conversations, and if he puts it up on Saturday, we got him."

https://www.sportbible.com/mma/dana-white-mark-zuckerberg-ufc-20220929

That episode of his was hilarious. It went on for several weeks until I'm guessing someone in the back finally let him know how much he was embarrassing himself. That really was the definition of a boomer not understanding the internet what so ever.

Lol. These ass clowns will probably try to come for the gifs at some point.

The UFC already tried that on the Underground years ago when the mods started deleting posts and banning users that posted gifs during/after events. When asked why they started doing that, the reason given by the mods was that it was a new rule that the UFC made them enforce.

how would they have jurisdiction over people in Russia/China streaming the stuff?

It's not necessarily about where the streamer is, it's about where the servers are, and where the service provider is located.

So a russian streamer using twitter is using a service accountable to the DMCA and compliant takedown requests, but a russian streaming via a russian service using a russian ISP and a everything going through russian data centers, the DMCA has no authority.

Even if this will somehow work, which it won't, the UFC will lose much more in engagement/future paying customers than they'll gain in short-term PPV sales.

One good thing about being based in Europe is that I get all the UFC content live on FightPass except for a PPV maincard. I can watch the whole prelims of a PPV, though. I happily pay for the convenience (around $9/month). I usually watch the maincard on a sunday morning while having coffee. It's not the same as watching it live but yeah, I ain't staying up 'til 7am and paying extra for 5 fights. I might sound cheap and you are perfectly right, I am. I'd probably pay for some of the maincards if they were in a different timezone, though. I think a friend of mine paid for UFC Paris and a few Abu Dhabi cards, when we watched together.

This man is my hero. He streamed an entire UFC event while pretending it was a video game.

b55d6974b6a814ac2f8198469312388e
I remember that what a legend<45>

Maybe the UFC and the sports leagues could accept that the best way to combat the black market is accessible pricing?

The NFL and NBA aren't charging $80 for a PPV. There has to be a decent median where its cheaper, allowing more access to the product, which grows viewership, which earns them more money. The last one of these they tried pushing through was terrible. This won't do anything.

No worries we have "insiders"

resize

I pay for Fight Pass and go to the events when they are near the Toronto area so that is how I support them. Also they detect VPN usage on Android devices now so it kinda sucks I can't use Fight Pass to watch TV cards anymore that are blacked out by TSN.

Last edited:
Back