Fighters fighting twice a year is why the UFC can't enter mainstream like the NFL, NBA, etc...

ComfortablyNumb55

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who made up the dumb ass rule that fighters should only fight around two times a year? With mainstream sports like the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc, you get to see your favorite sports stars frequently. In the UFC, we're lucky to see our favorite fighters twice a year.

Why can't we normalize 3-4 fights a year?

It's pissing me off that we have to wait so damn long to see our favorite fighters. Man up and fight more! People are so afraid of an L that they need 6 months to get ready for their next opponent. I don't buy into fighters being so injured that they're forced to recover for 6 months after every fight.

Fighters should fight more!

Who made up the dumb ass rule that fighters should only fight around two times a year? With mainstream sports like the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc, you get to see your favorite sports stars frequently. In the UFC, we're lucky to see our favorite fighters twice a year.

It's pissing me off that we have to wait so damn long to see our favorite fighters. Man up and fight more! People are so afraid of an L that they need 6 months to get ready for their next opponent. I don't buy into fighters being so injured that they're forced to recover for 6 months after every fight.

Exactly. Even Draymond Green fights more times in a year in the NBA than the UFC GOAT Jon Jones

Against A level athletes no less
draymond-green-rudy-gobert.gif

Last edited:
Damn, that's ridiculous.

Who wouldn't want to watch that? The movie Gladiator was huge with audiences.

Fighting has been around since the beginning of time. It's natural.
Sure and some people love it. Most people do not.

Spoiler Alert: the average person (if they think about MMA at all) thinks that it is either

A) Brutal and disgusting
B) Stupid and pointless
C) Ridiculous and homoerotic

or D) All of the above

Dude mainstream means money. the UFC is poverty organization compared to the NFL. They do as much revenue as about 2 NFL teams combined. They can't enter mainstream because the target demographic is almost impossible to escape. People like sports that they can participate in. Almost everyone has played in some type of football game or baseball game in America. Almost everyone in the world has played soccer. How many people have had a serious fight for RECREATIONAL purposes? UFC is something you go to jail for when done outside of a sanctioned event. It's an adult male meathead sport.

Absolutely. Especially when fighters are willing and able (like Khamzat)

Sure and some people love it. Most people do not.

Spoiler Alert: the average person (if they think about MMA at all) thinks that it is either

A) Brutal and disgusting
B) Stupid and pointless
C) Ridiculous and homoerotic

or D) All of the above

how do you explain the popularity of the NFL, boxing, and pro wrestling then? the participants in those events get fucked up way more often than MMA fighters do. or do you mean just the visuals is viscerally disturbing to a lot of people?

Back