• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC HW champ tom aspinal

orca

P4P #1 Machida fan
@Black
Reaction score
so after jones got the belt he was going to fight stipe right
and this happened?
so basicaly this is awarded to tom?
what can you say about these facts
does your opinion count?

facts
reality check
Untitled.png

Is the word "award" some revelation to you that you think is some smoking gun? All belts are awarded, dumb fuck. Upon a victory. He didn't just get it gifted to him in the mail. He beat the highest streaking contender.

I'd say "kinda like Jon did," but Gane had actually recently lost, so no streak included there.

Jon got "awarded" his belt, then couldn't fight, then distanced himself as far as possible from uniting with the interim

True Champ Tom
Bones on the way out the door anyways

well-bye.gif

I hope Jones beats Stipe and tells everyone he's taking out Tom before he goes. I would love to see what Sherdog says after. It's just a question if Jones' body holds for his last few fights.

Facts? No, it's just semantics. "Awarded" has a lot of connotational leeway. And don't forget, the UFC likes to hedge wording in a way that prevents regulatory interests from taking too much of an interest in their doings. They even testified in Congress claiming ALL their belts are "ceremonial" and not "real" (i.e. so we can handle title matches however we feel like and don't even think of extending the Ali Act to us...)

I just want to see Aspinal fight Jones. I don't care about the politics or the hyperboli.

Back