Ufc Hid Jones Test Results From Him Until After The Fight.

Couldn't cancel it anyways:

What about that conduct code? If perhaps it was written in that somehow there might be a chance he could have been pulled.

I don't for a million years think they would have pulled him though.

Fuck man, never thought I'd be on Sherdog defending JBJ, but it seems the case the last few days. He didn't break any rules.

That's BS I don't care hwo much coke Jones snorts in between fights but the UFC acitvely holding back the test results is disgusting

Couldn't cancel it anyways:

Technically, that could be true. But if the UFC had publicly released the results of that test when they got it (Dec. 23), the only choice Jones would've had is to enter rehab ASAP. Legally, yes, he could've found a way to fight but that would've been a PR nightmare. Jones has a smart team around him, no fucking way would he have fought if the UFC had reeased those test results to the public.

What about that conduct code? If perhaps it was written in that somehow there might be a chance he could have been pulled.

I don't for a million years think they would have pulled him though.

Fuck man, never thought I'd be on Sherdog defending JBJ, but it seems the case the last few days. He didn't break any rules.

From the article, even with the code of conduct nothing could be done. If Jones challenges it with the NSAC, he wins because he technically didn't do anything illicit or in violation of NSAC rules.

This is bs. Dana protects Jon until two days after the fight. So he can tell him how to handle it.

Also tested twice and failed both even tho one sample was watered down.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...mmission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

Sometimes I suspect that Zuffa has the same PR guys than Jon....
However they are trying to spin this, it is just terrible that they knew of Jon's addiction but said "Let us do something only AFTER the fight"!
If something happened during the fight (i.e. Jon have a heart attack), this could kill Zuffa worse than Mob connection did to Pride!!!

I do not get this, other fighters have been suspended and fined for weed which is definetly not as bad as coke. Sorry but this whole thing is bs.

Kind of strange as well, if it is not a banned substance out of competition, then why was it tested since it was out of competition.

The only thing I can think of is that it is a standardized test, and easier to run the same test, then make a special test which does not include certain substances.

It was an "administrative error" according to the link in the OP.

As for why Jones was tested for a recreational drug out that is not considered a banned substance out of competition, Bennett said:

"That was a bit of an anomaly that will be addressed [at the next NAC hearing on] Jan. 12. It was not a report requested by the NAC. It appears to have been an administrative oversight."

Technically, that could be true. But if the UFC had publicly released the results of that test when they got it (Dec. 23), the only choice Jones would've had is to enter rehab ASAP. Legally, yes, he could've found a way to fight but that would've been a PR nightmare. Jones has a smart team around him, no fucking way would he have fought if the UFC had reeased those test results to the public.

Not that smart apparently :icon_lol:

And I bet they he would've challenged it regardless of the PR mess that would've occurred. Also I doubt ZUFFA, keeping with the theme of a lawsuit/battle in the court of public perception, would've wanted to fight with Jones about whether or not he could take a fight with no NSAC violation. Not to mention all the money involved to begin with. My money is on Jones a) challenging it with the NSAC and b) the UFC not wanting it to get to that point.

Jones literally got away with everything on this one.

Who gives a flying fuck. The moral crusaders need to take a big step backward and literally fuck their own face. Get get get get over it. Ok Go.

First of all, russled as f#ck.

Second, yes, how dare people hold their sporting organizations accountable.

I do not get this, other fighters have been suspended and fined for weed which is definetly not as bad as coke. Sorry but this whole thing is bs.

Did you read the article in the OP? Or any of the other articles? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that question has been addressed countless times already.

Yeah im glad the fight wasn't cancelled regardless. He still might get suspended according to the article stating that his post-fight drug test results haven't been released. That would be news.

Imagine he fails the post fight when that could have been avoided had he known he failed the random.

Commission outed as beholden to the UFC before the fighters

Imagine he fails the post fight when that could have been avoided had he known he failed the random.

That would be really something because it would mean he failed on December 4th, passed on December 18, and then failed again on January 3. I guess he could use a defense of "I only snort coke on the 2nd day of every month."

For those curious about the UFC pulling Jones from the fight per the code of conduct, Kevin Iole (who has been all over this) said he spoke to a few attorneys who said it would've been difficult to do so without risking Jones pushing for an injunction.

He did so much coke that it showed up on the Steroid test?
He's using coke as a masking agent for the steroids?

I don't know, but Jon went up in my book... giving us idiots something to talk about during downtime between fights.

No no, the test included street drugs which, by the NSAC's standards, he shouldn't of been tested for:

Bennett has since said that Jones should not have been tested for recreational drugs during that day because they aren't banned out of competition, which according to the World Anti-Doping Agency code, is anything more than 12 hours before a contest.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...-test-results-from-nevada-athletic-commission

Jones had to have known he would be drug tested before and after the fight so if he fails a pee test 24 hrs before the event, he's just not that bright.

That would be really something because it would mean he failed on December 4th, passed on December 18, and then failed again on January 3. I guess he could use a defense of "I only snort coke on the 2nd day of every month."

They didnt test for it on the dec 18th sample. They werent even supposed to test on the dec 4th on either. So we really dont know if he was still partying at that time.

Back